New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 195 of 478 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 4777
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i mean going forward there will be lots of news about damage to certain business sectors

the virus has made many business models unviable
    Pero babagsak ba presyo ng mga condos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes shadow i think bababa ang presyo ng condo

i'm not a real estate/property guy

i'm more on macro -- my view is in a deflationary environment i don't see how condo prices can defy gravity while other asset prices are falling

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Pero babagsak ba presyo ng mga condos?

oo sabi ni crush. Swerte ng mga liquid!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    My friends who have resto business said that almost 70% of their profit comes from “dine in” customers. With the high costs of rent nowadays, they could not simply survive with mobile deliveries and take out orders.

now think about how malls can survive

halos lahat ng tenant sa mall either resto o apparel

in this environment there's no way they can afford rent

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    somebody told me surviving 2020 is now the goal

SURVIVING

forget about your December 2019 goal of making more money in 2020

If your business survives 2020 profit na yan

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    They also said we'll have mass testing by April 14. It's May 24 and our testing capacity is still saturated - our daily cases hover at the 200-300 range which is a plateaued curve, not a flattenned one.

So while I'm hopefull that this govt will get their act together, I'm not too optimistic unless I see actual contact tracing systems in place.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Precisely the reason why I prefer the economy to suffer longer so people will realize we need to replace the current government. I may have sound selfish lately (though I exaggerate a lot to bring the point home) but PH economy will take longer to recover even after this virus is contained. So much have been lost to corruption (what happened to the P275B again?) that private companies are left to feign for the impacts of recession. Short term economic solutions will result to longer suffering and further economic losses (wave wave naman dyan ung nag-agree na wave 2 na tapos biglang bawi). Im sure naka quote na rin to.

Last edited by dreamur; May 24th, 2020 at 12:04 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Precisely the reason why I prefer the economy to suffer longer so people will realize we need to replace the current government. I might have sounded selfish lately (though I exaggerate a lot to bring the point home) but PH economy will take longer to recover even after this virus is contained. So much have been lost to corruption (what happened to the P275B again?) that private companies are left to feign for the impacts of recession. Short term economic solutions will result to longer suffering and further economic losses (wave wave naman dyan ung nag-agree na wave 2 na tapos biglang bawi). Im sure naka quote na rin to.

Cognitive dissonance. Even if the economy crashes, the support for our populist government will remain and the supporters will always find a way to deflect the blame elsewhere and justify that the administration was doing the best they could.

I have DDS folks on my Facebook feed across all income strata, none of the gov'ts recent booboos have swayed them.

Only those who were in the fence before would be dissuaded - but remember that the govt has an 80% approval rating. That has likely not slumped in the past 2 months. You'd get a dip of maybe 10% max. Then another rise once Duterte says something charming again to the masses.

So while wishing the economy to crash might give a sense of schadenfraude, it really doesn't reach those that need to be reached and ends up with millions of Filipinos suffering economically as collateral.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nabasa ko pala sa mga meron loans sa banks, yes extended nga ang amortization pero you still need to pay the accrued interests. Diba dapat waived na rin interest.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Nabasa ko pala sa mga meron loans sa banks, yes extended nga ang amortization pero you still need to pay the accrued interests. Diba dapat waived na rin interest.

Good thing you pointed it out. Read the fine print of my loan - tuloy nga ang interest. Will call them on Tuesday to just deduct everything kaysa tumaas pa interest. 2 months na kong hindi chinacharge eh.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Cognitive dissonance. Even if the economy crashes, the support for our populist government will remain and the supporters will always find a way to deflect the blame elsewhere and justify that the administration was doing the best they could.

I have DDS folks on my Facebook feed across all income strata, none of the gov'ts recent booboos have swayed them.

Only those who were in the fence before would be dissuaded - but remember that the govt has an 80% approval rating. That has likely not slumped in the past 2 months. You'd get a dip of maybe 10% max. Then another rise once Duterte says something charming again to the masses.

So while wishing the economy to crash might give a sense of schadenfraude, it really doesn't reach those that need to be reached and ends up with millions of Filipinos suffering economically as collateral.

I respect your opinion bro though I don't agree that you call it cognitive dissonance because I still hold firmly the belief that people can change for the better. It would take harsh realities for some to change though. If we will resign to the fact that we deserve this government then we can expect one of his sycophants to be the next president.