New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 180 of 478 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 4777
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    abs-cbn masterfully called the president's bluff. i think the admin was expecting the broadcasting giant to put up some sort of public defiance, something that would lead to a war of words - i believe their abrupt closure caught the admin a bit flat footed. as it is, katigbak's p.r. strategy to look like a defenseless victim is garnering them sympathy, both here and abroad.

it would be interesting to see how the allies and the vaunted political network of the lopez group will counter yesterday's digong offensive. currently, atienza is trying to stir up the veritable hornet's nest at the lower house. pa-ilalim kaya ang tirahan nila ? as tessie tomas' tv character would say, "abangan ang susunod na kabanata!"

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Tagal na nito. Feb pa. Hehe

Hindi din napakiusapan kasi akala niya bahala na Congress when his amo accepted the apology of ABS-CBN.

Sent from my SM-N960F/DS using Tapatalk
    Sorry, didn't look at the time stamp...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    abs-cbn masterfully called the president's bluff. i think the admin was expecting the broadcasting giant to put up some sort of public defiance, something that would lead to a war of words - i believe their abrupt closure caught the admin a bit flat footed. as it is, katigbak's p.r. strategy to look like a defenseless victim is garnering them sympathy, both here and abroad.

it would be interesting to see how the allies and the vaunted political network of the lopez group will counter yesterday's digong offensive. currently, atienza is trying to stir up the veritable hornet's nest at the lower house. pa-ilalim kaya ang tirahan nila ? as tessie tomas' tv character would say, "abangan ang susunod na kabanata!"
    and to think,
    this happened during the world slowdown that is covid 19.

the way i see it,
    whatever happens next, re-open or keep closed,
    masamang damo ang kulay ng powers that be.

yes, abscbn did right in its acceptance of the order.

pinihit ko nang ilang degrees ang talapihitan, para sa katabing estasyon, for my daily feed.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 6th, 2020 at 07:38 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    nag-mumukha tuloy na si NTC ang masama...
    Siya daw may kasalan dokie. Philippine Economy TalkPhilippine Economy TalkPhilippine Economy Talk

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Agree. What would have garnered more pogi points from the masa (mostly abs-cbn tv viewers) if malacanang extended the franchise for "humanitarian reasons" in light of the pandemic as opposed to shutting it down. Gross miscalculation on the part of calida.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Siya daw may kasalan dokie. Philippine Economy TalkPhilippine Economy TalkPhilippine Economy Talk

ntc knew what was in the pipeline. even the man on the street knew. "conveniently na-abutan lang" ng covid.
    they could have... played deaf for a short while. they've done it before, if a number of folks in the know, are to be believed.
    as for those in the halls of legislature who dragged their feet... i do not know what was going on in their minds.
    matagal nang inakusa ni lito si alan peter. i heard him over live radio interview. "but they did nothing fruitful."

no, i think ntc was playing politics.
    and congress is always playing politics. accusing them now generates no new information.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 6th, 2020 at 08:28 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    anti-pogo bill submitted in the lower house

Anti-POGO bill filed in House | Inquirer News

it looks like there's a brewing opposition movement in the snake pit called the house of reps.

"is this the start of the breakdown?"- tears for fears

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Things that make you go hmmm...

img-c6843de406de6124609c71312b395735-v.jpg

kung totoo ito, konektado pa din kay favorite oligarch

the things you own end up owning you
    Last edited by baludoy; May 6th, 2020 at 10:02 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    anti-pogo bill submitted in the lower house

Anti-POGO bill filed in House | Inquirer News
    good riddance.
    the faster they leave, the better.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Things that make you go hmmm...

img-c6843de406de6124609c71312b395735-v.jpg

kung totoo ito, konektado pa din kay favorite oligarch

the things you own end up owning you
    "Former ABS-CBN anchor Ricky Carandang said on Instagram: “The question here is: who wants the frequencies? The frequencies are what allow the network to broadcast on their channels and they are worth billions."

Philippines’ ABS-CBN shutdown: TV network ‘did not attack Duterte’, Lopez matriarch says | South China Morning Post