New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 99 of 478 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ^^^

like i said importers will have to raise prices to chase more expensive dollars
    Profit only goes to buying higher USD. Plus higher taxes and duties.

2nd time to adjust price this year, first was Feb. This time effective Oct 15. I guess 1 month notice should be enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Tama pala si OB, dapat lahat tayo isang lata lang ng corned beef for 4? days para makaramdam ng tumal ang mga suppliers.

yes para sakin kasi di naman dapat tayo maapektuhan ng taas ng presyo coz these businessmen who are caught in the bubble will fold, and then a less greedy younger businessman will follow and replace their lost business. thats how you beat inflation. these people who are complaining of rising prices, they just want you to save their business by brainwashing into believing that their prices are justified. let them fall. kumain sa bahay, and just resort to smartphone entertainment for now.
    dont buy anything now na hinde naman kailangan talaga. do the extra effort of mag-baon na lang sa work, if not invest dun sa mga tiger na food preservers for your baon

let them fall these greedy businesses. di ko malaman kung nasan nakukuha yun doom and gloom atmosphere, eh parang P10 lang naman tinaas ng per liter ng fuel, rice P10 din per kilo, those train cars na sobra nagtaas, eh di langaw sila ngaun. kitams sa car sales thread, decline ang car sales and kabi-kabila ang promo. they cant afford to price high for so long becuase they have mouths to feed (in terms of employees) and overheads to pay.

eto tip ko sa inyo if you wanna pick a mind of a businessman, bibigay yan kahit breakeven na lang, kesa naman mawala lahat if they become stubborn.

yun naman sinsabi ni *uls na everyones stocking on dollars. that's not everyone, a regular citizen cannot do that you know why coz if you maintain a dollar account in the bank, malaki ang minimum maintaing balance sa bank, I think $1000 or $2000 eh that's like a Php 100K tops. I cant remember the tax pa pero alam ko mas malaki ang wtx pang dollar deposits.

these does not concern us regular citizens. these are for people who hoard hoard money and expensive things na pag tinamaan ng inflation, very expensive to maintain

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    yes para sakin kasi di naman dapat tayo maapektuhan ng taas ng presyo coz these businessmen who are caught in the bubble will fold, and then a less greedy younger businessman will follow and replace their lost business. thats how you beat inflation. these people who are complaining of rising prices, they just want you to save their business by brainwashing into believing that their prices are justified. let them fall. kumain sa bahay, and just resort to smartphone entertainment for now.
    dont buy anything now na hinde naman kailangan talaga. do the extra effort of mag-baon na lang sa work, if not invest dun sa mga tiger na food preservers for your baon

let them fall these greedy businesses. di ko malaman kung nasan nakukuha yun doom and gloom atmosphere, eh parang P10 lang naman tinaas ng per liter ng fuel, rice P10 din per kilo, those train cars na sobra nagtaas, eh di langaw sila ngaun. kitams sa car sales thread, decline ang car sales and kabi-kabila ang promo. they cant afford to price high for so long becuase they have mouths to feed (in terms of employees) and overheads to pay.

eto tip ko sa inyo if you wanna pick a mind of a businessman, bibigay yan kahit breakeven na lang, kesa naman mawala lahat if they become stubborn.

yun naman sinsabi ni *uls na everyones stocking on dollars. that's not everyone, a regular citizen cannot do that you know why coz if you maintain a dollar account in the bank, malaki ang minimum maintaing balance sa bank, I think $1000 or $2000 eh that's like a Php 100K tops. I cant remember the tax pa pero alam ko mas malaki ang wtx pang dollar deposits.

these does not concern us regular citizens. these are for people who hoard hoard money and expensive things na pag tinamaan ng inflation, very expensive to maintain
    So pag walang pambili ang tao, maganda yun? Aba siguro ang ganda tumira sa Zimbabwe. Philippine Economy Talk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    i give you example juts, tennis racket, gym ball, gym gloves, etc... siguro hanggang ngaun nasa isip nyo, mamahalin to mga to na imported items nato kasi nun araw nauso tennis, ang isang racket nagkakahalaga ng P8-P10K each . punta kayo nga toby's, you can get one at P1.5K same brands wilson, prince etc.

so kung talaga halos wala na markup ang importer as they portray it now, eh di dapat tumigil nasa pag-supply ng gym / sports accessories yan mga yan noon pa. pero hinde di ba? gym ball nga ngaun nabibile sa lazada, tipong P300 - P500 lol dati P4k isa nyan.

so what do you fear right now, juts? ano kinakatakot mo na magmahal na kelangan mo everyday kaya takot ka sa inflation, pang-office mo long sleeves / pants, leather bag mo, cuffling, fancy handkerchief. takot ka baka hinde mo mabile na yan mga yan, at hinde ka na sikat sa office mates mo?

businessmen count on your lack of info and push that narrative. na hinde mo na ma-aafford ang mga personal preferences mo sa future coz of this inflation thingy.

I also had that same observation sa roof racks, yes those plastic roof racks na add-on sa mga suv. when it was first introduced, magkano 12K -15k each. eh ngaun 2.5K tapos sinesale pa ng 1.9K sa concorde, tigas makaawa pa sila na bilhin mo.

-----

opportunities are like chain of buses, if you miss one today coz you have no money, you can always ride the next one pag may pera ka na. malabo naman hinde ka magkakapera coz of the inflation thing and the narrative na on the way na tayo sa Venezuela.

the real reason why Venezuela happened is because they were too proud before that oil can save them, they're immune of some sort. at nagmalaki sa America, the lone superpower of the world. so kaya nangyari sa kanila yan. they're lone wolf.

eh si Mypres naman even if he is friendly with China, he is still friendly with America. nilalaro lang nya yan dalwa nations na yan para mag-offer ng mag-offer satin ng benefits hihi.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    i give you example juts, tennis racket, gym ball, gym gloves, etc... siguro hanggang ngaun nasa isip nyo, mamahalin to mga to na imported items nato kasi nun araw nauso tennis, ang isang racket nagkakahalaga ng P8-P10K each . punta kayo nga toby's, you can get one at P1.5K same brands wilson, prince etc.

so kung talaga halos wala na markup ang importer as they portray it now, eh di dapat tumigil nasa pag-supply ng gym / sports accessories yan mga yan noon pa. pero hinde di ba? gym ball nga ngaun nabibile sa lazada, tipong P300 - P500 lol dati P4k isa nyan.

so what do you fear right now, juts? ano kinakatakot mo na magmahal na kelangan mo everyday kaya takot ka sa inflation, pang-office mo long sleeves / pants, leather bag mo, cuffling, fancy handkerchief. takot ka baka hinde mo mabile na yan mga yan, at hinde ka na sikat sa office mates mo?

businessmen count on your lack of info and push that narrative. na hinde mo na ma-aafford ang mga personal preferences mo sa future coz of this inflation thingy.

I also had that same observation sa roof racks, yes those plastic roof racks na add-on sa mga suv. when it was first introduced, magkano 12K -15k each. eh ngaun 2.5K tapos sinesale pa ng 1.9K sa concorde, tigas makaawa pa sila na bilhin mo.

-----

opportunities are like chain of buses, if you miss one today coz you have no money, you can always ride the next one pag may pera ka na. malabo naman hinde ka magkakapera coz of the inflation thing and the narrative na on the way na tayo sa Venezuela.

the real reason why Venezuela happened is because they were too proud before that oil can save them, they're immune of some sort. at nagmalaki sa America, the lone superpower of the world. so kaya nangyari sa kanila yan. they're lone wolf.

eh si Mypres naman even if he is friendly with China, he is still friendly with America. nilalaro lang nya yan dalwa nations na yan para mag-offer ng mag-offer satin ng benefits hihi.
    Puro mall example mo. Natry mo na pumunta sa palengke?

Hay, namimiss ko na yung times na may mapupulot sa trolling mo. You're losing your touch. Philippine Economy Talk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    He's being sarcastic. Kasi tuwing may ganito, ang press release ng DOF tsaka Bangko Sentral ay...

"But the fundamentals are sound."

Mr. Africa has a BS and MA from the London School of Economics, with degrees (plural) in Economics and Political Science.

He's basically saying that we're in the worst position economically since the midpoint of the GMA admin.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Puro mall example mo. Natry mo na pumunta sa palengke?

Hay, namimiss ko na yung times na may mapupulot sa trolling mo. You're losing your touch. Philippine Economy Talk

actually its so easy to explain whats happenin sa wet market. and also I dont go in there, as in never. sa seafood section nga lang ng Rustans supermarket, mahilo hilo ako nasusuka. papupuntahin mo sa palengke. youre so insensitive

the reason is really simple. credit cards. more and more people nowadays have access to credit cards and dont have cash in their wallets.

hinde ba lagi sinasabi there is demand, there is enough money floating around. and so there is inflation. pero sinabi ba kung ano ang portion ng cash vs e-money that is used in transactions daily.

wet market operators had to raise the price of everything kasi hinde nabibile lahat ng paninda nila at the end of the day . so madami wastages, so to recoup it, tinataas na lang nila yun nabibile para maka-break even para na din sila jollibee, in a sense na pagdating ng closing time, at may limang burger o chickenjoy pasa warmer, tapon na yun

we are progressing, Juts. part of that is e-money. pero eto kasi mga tiga Palengke sadly wala sila access dun. read between the lines sa mga news. look at the list nag nag-inflate. never nag-inflate ang meat coz it can be preserved back to the freezer, pero ang gulay kahit ibalik mo sa North pole yan, masisira na yan talaga

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    OB, in case you missed it I'm also being sarcastic. Like Sonny Africa in Verbl Kint's post. Yan lang naman ang coping mechanism namin.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    OB

Meron consumer staples and consumer discretionary

When times are hard, people will naturally make more funds available for staples sacrificing discretionary spending

Businesses dealing with discretionary goods who were too optimistic overinvested in too much inventory will drop their prices to move inventory

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Govt statistics office gather the prices of some goods to calculate inflation

Called CPI market basket

The most important goods in the basket are food items like rice and fish

I'm 100% sure the basket doesn't include tennis racket, gym ball, gym gloves, roof rack ng suv