New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 89 of 478 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    And money grow in trees as far as idiot is concerned...

Sotto wants 14th month pay for private sector employees | News | GMA News Online
    Companies will think twice. The IT firms are starting to prefer Vietnam.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Si sotto rin ang mag sposponsor ng train2 right?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    looks like the finance and budget guys are now concerned over govt spending

governments see the private sector as a milking cow

whenever a government decides to spend more money on something they just tax the private sector more

reminder to all governments -- there is no public sector without a thriving private sector

you keep on taxing the private sector it will come to a point where the tax burden is so great you'll kill economic growth and job creation

you're gonna milk the cow to death
    I hope the cows turn into bulls!

But seriously, I don't think that will happen. The middle class is so disgustingly passive and apathetic in this country. Palaging hanggang social media at forums na lang. Nobody does solid acts of civil disobedience or public protest anymore. We work like dogs and yet get taxed like crazy. It's just unbelievable sometimes what we put up with here.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Licensing is just too expensive...
    Nakakasad lang as an NBA fan (kahit hindi ako nakakabili from them).. kaya pala sale sila sa 2 remaining branches ng NBA Store

Philippine Economy Talk

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I hope the cows turn into bulls!

But seriously, I don't think that will happen. The middle class is so disgustingly passive and apathetic in this country. Palaging hanggang social media at forums na lang. Nobody does solid acts of civil disobedience or public protest anymore. We work like dogs and yet get taxed like crazy. It's just unbelievable sometimes what we put up with here.
    You can't blame the middle class for being passive. They thrive on stability thus they don't want to rock the boat too much.

Magkakaproblema na lang talaga if nagugutom na lna karamihan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Going back to EURO-2 or high-sulfer diesel...

Philippines eyes shift back to cheaper, dirtier fuel to tame inflation | Reuters

MANILA, Aug 10 (Reuters) - The Philippines’ energy ministry has told oil companies to sell a cheaper but dirtier type of diesel oil to motorists to fight inflation, backing away from a two-year-old regulation that banned its use to improve air quality.

The energy department’s plan would need clearance from the environment department, which implemented Manila’s switch to cleaner Euro-IV compliant fuels from Euro-II in January 2016, a rule that covered both oil companies and car manufacturers. The department was evaluating the plan, an official said.

The Department of Energy late on Thursday directed that Euro-II compliant automotive diesel oil should be provided as a fuel option for transport and industrial retail customers “for the purpose of reducing the impact of rising petroleum prices in the world market.”

“We’re studying it right now, giving consideration to their plan to cushion inflation. We’re also looking at the implications for emissions,” Environment and Natural Resources Undersecretary Jonas Leones told Reuters on Friday.

Euro-IV fuels have sulphur content of 50 parts per million (ppm) versus 500 ppm for Euro-II fuels.

Petron Corp, the Philippines’ top refiner, was studying the impact of the energy department’s plan which it only received on Thursday night, a spokesman for the company said. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp, the local unit of Royal Dutch Shell PLC, was checking into the matter, a spokeswoman said.

Philippine annual inflation climbed to its highest in more than five years at 5.7 percent in July, prompting the central bank to raise interest rates for a third time this year on Thursday.

Along with the switch back to Euro II-fuels, Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi also ordered the government’s Philippine National Oil Company-Exploration Corp to import “low-priced petroleum products, particularly diesel, to mitigate the impact of volatile oil prices.” (Reporting by Manolo Serapio Jr.; additional reporting by Enrico dela Cruz; editing by Richard Pullin)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ i don't know whether to laugh or cry Philippine Economy Talk

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Pathetic.

Mas importante yun presyo kaysa sa hangin na sinisinghot

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Pathetic.

Mas importante yun presyo kaysa sa hangin na sinisinghot

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    This goverment doesn't believe that the freaky weather outside is caused by global warming...