New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 478 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The reversal of fund flows in recent months has been prompted primarily by the tightening of monetary policy in the US as the Federal Reserve continues to unwind its quantitative easing scheme that has been in place over the last decade.

PH dollar reserves fall to six-year low as outflows continue | Inquirer Business

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 7th, 2018 at 08:28 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    like i posted in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    BIG PICTURE

dollars flowing back to the US

rest of the world is slowing down
    that's basically what's going on

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    pero aside from call center that brings dollars, ang isa pa pabrika natin eh dollar earning OFW.
    so i doubt that long term ang effect ng dollar tightening ng US sa mundo

and with our great President great timing sa partnership with China, we could do xdeals in some tradeable things and just bypass the dolar

napansin ko na to sa mga products na ship from abroad from Lazada and Shopee, sobrang mura parang walang exchange rate, as in mas mura pa sa binondo / divisoria retail shop

Andyan lang naman sa tabi factory ng mundo so aiguro sabi ng intsik mag secret deal na lang tayo sa mga pinoy, ignoring the intricacies of dollar exchange

I talked to some soldiers some 3 months back, when Russian ship went here they bartered AK47s for our toopx in exchange for export quality bananas

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    but we're overcompliant...

so BSP has to lower RRR

bad timing
    I think the more correct term would be we will be less competitive in the region due to higher rrr.
    Last edited by A121; July 9th, 2018 at 03:35 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The poor peso is really hurting businesses.

We delivered our strongest year in 5 years and surpassed targets, yet profitability is down due to forex.

Higher sales are just being eaten up by higher import costs. The economy can only absorb so much so the peso needs to turn soon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The poor peso is really hurting businesses.

We delivered our strongest year in 5 years and surpassed targets, yet profitability is down due to forex.

Higher sales are just being eaten up by higher import costs. The economy can only absorb so much so the peso needs to turn soon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    i think we lost between 8 to 9 % to the dollar.

Imagine 9% in terms of billions.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ANg dami nakikinabang na employment ngayon. Lahat kita ko sa factory babaan lahat van para pumasok mga tuwang tuwang mga chinese workers.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    ANg dami nakikinabang na employment ngayon. Lahat kita ko sa factory babaan lahat van para pumasok mga tuwang tuwang mga chinese workers.
    BTW, speaking of chinese immigrants, and daming junkets ngayon na pwedeng sideline.

Hatid-sundo lang sa airport. Mga ex-pat from mainland.

Sila rin reason kaya tumataas properties.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Philippines' trade deficit rises to 5-mth high in May | Reuters

Lesser car imports I guess...hehehe

Imports grew 11.4 percent in May, slower than the previous month’s revised 23.1 percent annual pace, while exports declined 3.8 percent in May, less than the previous month’s revised 4.9 percent contraction.

That resulted in a trade deficit of $3.7 billion in May, which was wider than the previous month’s revised deficit of$3.48 billion and the biggest after last December’s $4 billion.

Hefty purchases of fuel, iron and steel, electronic products, telecommunication equipment and electric machinery overseas fuelled import growth in May.

The import-driven trade gap is expected to worsen the Philippines’ current account deficit this year, which could put further pressure on the peso, one of Asia’s worst performers so far this year.

The Philippines, like other Asian economies that have external deficits, is under pressure to follow the U.S. Federal Reserve in shifting away from low interest rate settings or risk capital flight as investors seek higher yielding assets.

The central bank raised interest rates last month for the second time in six weeks, becoming the region’s second central bank to deliver two hikes in a short time, after Indonesia.