New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 75 of 478 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    that's the goal of raising rates

discourage borrowing --> slow down credit creation --> lessen money in circulation --> slow down inflation rate

but BSP is afraid to be too aggressive coz they don't wanna kill growth

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    that's the goal of raising rates

discourage borrowing --> slow down credit creation --> lessen money in circulation --> slow down inflation rate

but BSP is afraid to be too aggressive coz they don't wanna kill growth
    Exactly uls. We want to project GROWTH under this administration, right?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes the govt says they have a 7-8 percent growth target

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    having that growth target is probably why the BSP is not stepping hard on the brakes

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    having that growth target is probably why the BSP is not stepping hard on the brakes
    And that I believe is the answer to your burning question my friend.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    ImHO increasing interest rates will translate to borrowers defaulting on their existing loans or lowering of appetite for investing in real estate or buying new cars. The banks will end up owning a huge chunk of properties which will bring market prices down. Then the bubble will burst.

Not at this point in time.

What you should look at is an increase in unemployment and decrease in real wages.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    7.7 % inflation in the armm region. Philippine Economy Talk No wonder people are getting jittery over there

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    if nobody deployed capital to build something or put up a business manual labor will be sitting around playing tong-its

--

there's too much money in circulation

one contributor you cannot ignore is the large salary increase in PNP and AFP (which started in January this year)

suddenly hundreds of thousands of households have more money to spend
    kaw na din nagsabi there's too much money in circulation, meaning there is capital. hinde kasi kelangan kumita ang lahat ng capital na nakapaikot ngaun sa Pilipinas, ang kelangan lang 20%, hence the 20 80 Rule or the Pareto Principle.

so kung say 100 Billion ang floating, kahit malugi 80 Billion nun, yun 20 Billion na area ng economy ang magpapalago sa economy.

it has always been like that. the call center industry was like a minority when it started (circa 2000 to 2003) maybe not even 20% of GDP, pero kitam mo ngaun, it's a big industry nasa atin

just have faith, let the BSP do their work. they have more data than any of you private analyzers. kasi kayo pera lang ang habol nyo eh, businessmen kayo eh. pero ang BSP holistic ang approach, meaning as a whole, public, private, welfare etc.

ako ever since holistic ang approach ko sa buhay. I knew what happened in 2008, kaya yan ang bi-nuild ko since, protection sa inflation.

kayo ngaun utang ako ng utang, kasi tanggap ko naman sa sarile ko when the going gets tough for the Philippines, me and wife can stay in a 2 bedroom apartment with just one sofa, one induction stove, one smart tv, one bed, 1 cr etc. napanood ko yan sa Total Recall the reboot, yun kay Kate Beckinsale, i can live in that small apartment as long as the essentials are there to make me bounce back

----

pero kung madami kayo business / properties na expense trap, paktay talaga sya economy nato. coz the overhead will eat all your resources. mahirap talaga pag ang basis ng existence and respect nyo is puro materialism or assets.

the mind and body are an asset of its own. look at celebrities or artists, they dont own all the good and expensive stuff and yet laway at picture picture lang sa instragram they can easily recover. but materialistic business people mahirap talaga, kasi kung wala yan lahat ng properties or assets nyo, ano na kayo diba? can your smile earn money? hinde, pero si anne curtis and erwan pwede hihihi. but am not sayiing kelangan maging celeb kayo, dapat lang may face value kayo, yun tipong sa tindig nyo pa lang katiwatiwala kayo. but how? most people just invested in materialistic things. that doesnt add any aura to your whole being.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Exactly uls. We want to project GROWTH under this administration, right?

exactly we need to project growth. in the news, in 2019 we will be the first to roll out 5G. I mean hows that for prestige and being the first. we're gonna be faster than any 1st world out there, even Japan. for a country who has always been criticized for having the slowest internet in the world, now were gonna pioneer in 5G.

I think even those who enjoy 1000mpbs internet right now like for example Germany, we will get an audience coz of this news.

so doom and gloom nyo, wag na pls. it's just self-fulfilling prophecy. if you always think that things will go wrong, it will go wrong, for you. but not for us, coz we see a brighter future. us DDS and the 16M who voted for him

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012