New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 65 of 478 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    After opening on the positive... Closes in the negative.

rallies are selling opportunities

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Beware of Greeks bearing gifts, as the saying goes.

China’s Debtbook Diplomacy: How China is Turning Bad Loans into Strategic Investments

Belt and Road is not the Marshall Plan: it’s comprised of loans, not grants, and China expects a return for its money.

Take the case of Hambantota, until a decade ago a little fishing town in southern Sri Lanka — a place few could ever envision becoming a geopolitical flashpoint. In 2007, a Chinese state-owned company came in to build a major port financed by Chinese loans. When the port flopped commercially, it became a money pit, as Sri Lanka threw good money after bad in a fruitless attempt to turn the project around. Despite President Maithripala Sirisena’s campaign promises to reduce Sri Lanka’s dependence on China, last year its mounting debt burden drove Sirisena’s government to sign over the strategically-located port to a Chinese state-owned company on a 99-year lease. The deal has alarmed some U.S. and Indian experts who fear that Hambantota could one day become a Chinese naval outpost in the Indian Ocean.
    China’s Debtbook Diplomacy: How China is Turning Bad Loans into Strategic Investments | The Diplomat
    Last edited by leonleon; June 25th, 2018 at 05:17 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    this is what happens when you undertake foreign-funded infrastructure projects just when your local currency is depreciating

the projects become more expensive in local currency terms

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    What exactly have they started to build under these so called build build build projects? And am not talking about stuff started in the previous administration.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    What exactly have they started to build under these so called build build build projects? And am not talking about stuff started in the previous administration.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro
    Nada. Talk talk talk.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i think they haven't even started yet

With 1 ‘Build’ projects in the bag so far, PH says it’s ready for business | Inquirer Business

Documents provided by the Department of Finance to reporters showed that at least 10 of the 75 flagship infrastructure projects under “Build, Build, Build” will start construction in 2018.
    the govt has been taking a lot more money from the private sector since the beginning of the year and they're sitting on it

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003

With 1 ‘Build’ projects in the bag so far, PH says it’s ready for business | Inquirer Business

the govt has been taking a lot more money from the private sector since the beginning of the year and they're sitting on it
    I guess they don't want too much liquidity in the system. Anyway, let's see how will they manage this.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012

sitting where? on their pockets maybe.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    tama na nga yun projecting hard times ahead. hard times ahead kasi july saka august na. these people know that business and trading will be all time low during these months as well as its the ghost month. ang gusto lang nila makakobra ng malaki sa respective businesses nila by raising prices on on small demand.

pag di ka talaga nakakaintindi ng law of supply and demand, yari ka sa media.

the BSP will be cautious on raising interest rates as the provinces are being developed. they need the proper boost so that in the future, when we say Philippines, hindi lang Manila. Parang US, may chicago, new york, la, miami ganun.

yan ang main objective ng admin, and yes this is bitter pill to swallow for those living in Manila because we are being fed wrong analytics and doom and gloom

basta tuloy lang ang gastos at utang.

up to 100K na ang discount ng Toyota Fortuner ngaun. that is market correcting itself for greedy businesses taking advantage of everything, riding on everything. and so the once mighty Toyota is not immune to people's taste.

for sure all PPVs will go back to 1.5M level even lower. just dont buy expensive things this coming months if your believe Chinese Feng shui. ano lang relax lang, bile sa grocery, tapos internet na lang sa bahay, tapos pag weekend kain lang sa not so expensive restaurants like mga bonchon, torichizu na lang.

let these businesses who jack up prices go down as the market will dictate.

I just dont get these big business, pag bull season wala pakelamanan, pag mahina benta na kung anu-ano fini-feed sa media. just go down or use your reserves if needed be. maybe going down is best for all in the long run as we wont have expensive necessities in the future