New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 64 of 478 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Economics of Jueteng

“Now if I don’t have a replacement for jueteng, what can I do? It’s easy. If there’s another form of gambling that takes over, I’ll say, ‘You get out of there’ and arrest them all. Then what is the activity—economic activity? None. Now if there’s jueteng … at least money goes around. Some people will get hungry, others will be able to eat, [but] there’s commercial activity,” he said.

Duterte: Economy in the doldrums | Inquirer News

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I was hoping to retire before 50..change of plans

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Novice question about BSP interest rate, how does it affect our loans? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentt View Post
    Novice question about BSP interest rate, how does it affect our loans? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Something DOF should think about...

Toyota expanding but wants retention of incentives >> Manila Bulletin Business

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    nope

new taxes took away spending money from consumers

stagnant wages couldn't keep up with rising inflation (which ate into the tax cuts)

BSP total 50 bps rate high means higher interest for loans (credit card, auto loans, housing loans etc)

brakes have been applied on the economy

we'll see evidence in upcoming economic data
    I think the public sector build, build, build (borrow, borrow, borrow) can cover for the lethargic consumer spending.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    I think the public sector build, build, build (borrow, borrow, borrow) can cover for the lethargic consumer spending.
    With raw materials and labor from China, I highly doubt it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/outofas...me-his-legacy/

"Nonetheless, Duterte’s ambitious infrastructure vision could be hobbled by chronic challenges. Experts have expressed doubts over absorption capacity of government agencies to undertake projects competently and on time; risk of large-scale corruption and bidding anomalies affecting foreign, especially Chinese-led, projects; lack of construction workers and skilled labor; as well as growing pressure on Philippine peso and international reserves due to need for importing intermediate goods and technology for infrastructure boom."

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Philippine Finance Chief Says Inflation 'Absolutely' Under Control

Philippine Finance Chief Says Inflation 'Absolutely' Under Control – Bloomberg

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    With raw materials and labor from China, I highly doubt it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/outofas...me-his-legacy/

"Nonetheless, Duterte’s ambitious infrastructure vision could be hobbled by chronic challenges. Experts have expressed doubts over absorption capacity of government agencies to undertake projects competently and on time; risk of large-scale corruption and bidding anomalies affecting foreign, especially Chinese-led, projects; lack of construction workers and skilled labor; as well as growing pressure on Philippine peso and international reserves due to need for importing intermediate goods and technology for infrastructure boom."

There are certain pressures. But the amount of money circulating because of govt investment may may buffer poor consumer spending. Most raw materials are imported anyway.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    After opening on the positive... Closes in the negative.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    After opening on the positive... Closes in the negative.

But that is due to external factor.