New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 478 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Manlibre ka naman sa aming mga Php earners bro. My friend who's earning in SGD is also raking it in. PHP 39.54/SGD. When he started IIRC it was PHP 32.xx/SGD. Whew! Inflation, here we come.
    Hehe...PHP earner din ako bro. It is more from the personal dollar investments that I started 2 years ago during Pnoy's admin. Biro mo 40'ish pa nun ngayon 52 na! Philippine Economy TalkPhilippine Economy Talk

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Hehe...PHP earner din ako bro. It is more from the personal dollar investments that I started 2 years ago during Pnoy's admin. Biro mo 40'ish pa nun ngayon 52 na! Philippine Economy TalkPhilippine Economy Talk

Buti ka pa. I have maybe 1k in USD. May trip pa naman kami sa US this year. Mukhang Kmart at Dollar stores ang bagsak namin nito.

IIRC the Euro was at PHP 51-52 when we were in Europe in 2012. Ngayon USD na lang mabibili ng PHP 52.

Might be coincidence, but during Pnoy's time we didn't have a single price increase. We actually had to reduce prices once or twice.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    during Aquino's term (2010 to 2016) US Fed interest rates were at zero

the financial crisis started in 2007

by Dec 2008 the US central bank had cut interest rates to zero and went on a bond buying program (money printing)

that caused the value of the dollar to drop

that's why the peso was strong during Aquino's term

Aquino had very little or nothing to do with peso strength during his term

nagkataon lang his term happened during the time when the US central bank was printing dollars to infinity
    Last edited by uls; March 7th, 2018 at 06:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and during the time when the Fed was printing dollars to infinity

all that money had to go somewhere

so money flowed to emerging markets like the Phils.

naturally the Aquino admin took credit for it

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Buti ka pa. I have maybe 1k in USD. May trip pa naman kami sa US this year. Mukhang Kmart at Dollar stores ang bagsak namin nito.

IIRC the Euro was at PHP 51-52 when we were in Europe in 2012. Ngayon USD na lang mabibili ng PHP 52.

Might be coincidence, but during Pnoy's time we didn't have a single price increase. We actually had to reduce prices once or twice.
    Yup...palpak talaga ung abnoy na un :D

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    and during the time when the Fed was printing dollars to infinity

all that money had to go somewhere

so money flowed to emerging markets like the Phils.

naturally the Aquino admin took credit for it
    You conveniently left out the dollars brought in by the manufacturing sectors, BPO industries and the OFWs. Whatever fits your narrative.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    You conveniently left out the dollars brought in by the manufacturing sectors, BPO industries and the OFWs. Whatever fits your narrative.

all those dollar earners you mentioned

they are ALL still bringing in dollars NOW aren't they?

they're bring in more dollars than ever

so explain why USDPHP is 52

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nakalibre na naman ako ng economy lesson kay uls. ☺

I'm sure there are other factors also at play, but it seems hot money flows don't necessarily follow changes to the Fed's rate.

In the Fed rate chart it was high in 2007 compared to 2009 yet the Peso was at about the same level in those 2 years.

Of concern right now is capital flight from existing investors pulling out like Daikin citing frequent policy changes and other MNCs putting up shop in other countries instead of here, like the one dreamur posted.

That can't be good for the PHP.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    all those dollar earners you mentioned

they are ALL still bringing in dollars NOW aren't they?

they're bring in more dollars than ever

so explain why USDPHP is 52
    Not at the same level that they used to plus the pull out of the dollars because of unstable policies of this administration. You do not want to credit pnoy for the dollar inflows and you will not blame your president for the drop in the dollar reserves?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My question is economically, are we better right now or pareho lang during Pnoy's? Alisin na natin yun outside factors. Ok, swerte si pnoy, malas si duts dahil sa Timing. How about yun financial teams nila?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk