New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 478 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I used to have "seller's remorse" bro a day after unloading only to find out share prices went up further. Heck, I got heart burns thinking of the extra bucks had I waited for a day. It took sometime to accept that it is not worth the stress. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Ako rin ganyan bro.,- dahil nga siguro, salaried person ako... Sayang, di ba?

But I remember one time, I did not sell, and it was a significant amount of money. And then I lost it all.....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    A lot of insights here, and I enjoy reading them.
    The Question the I want to bring in now is until when do we play this kind of Game of supply and demand? Who's truly benefiting on this economic system? And why it doesn't work?

We've been using this model since the time immemorial - supply, demand, consume. But for me its twisted. Today we talk about consumption driving the economy to heights, demand pushing the prices up and supply keeping the consumption in normal level. But in between we talk about over supply and how food is being wasted for instance. The fact that poverty is never really shrinking and that the gap between poor and ultra rich is widening every year. The rich is getting richer, poor is getting way poorer. In between we have this clueless Middle class society who believes that there no other way but consume and be entertained, follow the Law, pay taxes, take loans, push themselves to be one of the rich, teach their kids how to be like them, and die quietly like slaves. And the cycle goes on and on.

Come to think of it, it should have been simpler - we need food, clothing, shelter and means to sustain that. Now we have wants that we dont really need. Media is driving this to our minds, telling us be like this and be like that. Entertainment pushing our imagination to compete and fight over the top -- sports heroes telling you to be the best in this, best in that and in order for you to be the best you should wear what they wear, use what they use, drink what they drink. Another example is hollywood movies and stars telling us what beauty is supposed to be, what handsome or ***y gorgeous should be wearing, what kind of face and complexion should be ideal, and that teens with pimples and blemishes are a complete turn-off. And then we see Facebook post encouraging kids to be themselves and fight off bullies? Really? Like when a kid doesnt wear Lacoste, he should be with kids wearing Blue Corner (no offense meant).

70 years of average life expectancy and we spend 4years with our yayas or grandparents as a kid (lucky for u if u were nursed by your own parents), 18 years in school in our teens, 35 years working to consume, pay taxes and debts, 13 years to enjoy your remaining life at an old age. What are we missing? We keep chasing the Good Life -- an imaginary lifestyle set by the elite to keep us hungry for more, to keep us on the loop like rodents on the spinning wheel, keep us chasing the dream they made for us. In return we became slaves, and we revered it. Its a prison that we accepted and considered Normal.

Some great economist and state leaders says: Its the Economy stupid -- I say,--- NO. It's not working, You are stupid for not realizing that, and insane for repeatedly trying the same thing and expecting a different result. The economy is anchored on greediness. The more greedy you are, the more money you'll have.

Well, this is just me saying my take on this economy stuffs. I admit, I dont have the formulla to beat or change whatever it is that I wanted to change. In fact Im part of the problem. Because im one with the problem. Its just me wishing life can offer much more than Live, Work, Die.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ako rin ganyan bro.,- dahil nga siguro, salaried person ako... Sayang, di ba?

But I remember one time, I did not sell, and it was a significant amount of money. And then I lost it all.....

Haha...I remember bro during the dot com bust in Y2K, stocks went underwater and lots of people lost big time. A tender offer was made but it wasnt enough to make them happy. Oh well...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DenNix View Post
    A lot of insights here, and I enjoy reading them.
    The Question the I want to bring in now is until when do we play this kind of Game of supply and demand? Who's truly benefiting on this economic system? And why it doesn't work?

We've been using this model since the time immemorial - supply, demand, consume. But for me its twisted. Today we talk about consumption driving the economy to heights, demand pushing the prices up and supply keeping the consumption in normal level. But in between we talk about over supply and how food is being wasted for instance. The fact that poverty is never really shrinking and that the gap between poor and ultra rich is widening every year. The rich is getting richer, poor is getting way poorer. In between we have this clueless Middle class society who believes that there no other way but consume and be entertained, follow the Law, pay taxes, take loans, push themselves to be one of the rich, teach their kids how to be like them, and die quietly like slaves. And the cycle goes on and on.

Come to think of it, it should have been simpler - we need food, clothing, shelter and means to sustain that. Now we have wants that we dont really need. Media is driving this to our minds, telling us be like this and be like that. Entertainment pushing our imagination to compete and fight over the top -- sports heroes telling you to be the best in this, best in that and in order for you to be the best you should wear what they wear, use what they use, drink what they drink. Another example is hollywood movies and stars telling us what beauty is supposed to be, what handsome or ***y gorgeous should be wearing, what kind of face and complexion should be ideal, and that teens with pimples and blemishes are a complete turn-off. And then we see Facebook post encouraging kids to be themselves and fight off bullies? Really? Like when a kid doesnt wear Lacoste, he should be with kids wearing Blue Corner (no offense meant).

70 years of average life expectancy and we spend 4years with our yayas or grandparents as a kid (lucky for u if u were nursed by your own parents), 18 years in school in our teens, 35 years working to consume, pay taxes and debts, 13 years to enjoy your remaining life at an old age. What are we missing? We keep chasing the Good Life -- an imaginary lifestyle set by the elite to keep us hungry for more, to keep us on the loop like rodents on the spinning wheel, keep us chasing the dream they made for us. In return we became slaves, and we revered it. Its a prison that we accepted and considered Normal.

Some great economist and state leaders says: Its the Economy stupid -- I say,--- NO. It's not working, You are stupid for not realizing that, and insane for repeatedly trying the same thing and expecting a different result. The economy is anchored on greediness. The more greedy you are, the more money you'll have.

Well, this is just me saying my take on this economy stuffs. I admit, I dont have the formulla to beat or change whatever it is that I wanted to change. In fact Im part of the problem. Because im one with the problem. Its just me wishing life can offer much more than Live, Work, Die.
    That's a mouthful but the only thing I can say is to live within our means. Income less savings = expenses maybe a good formula but it does not work all the time. If you just keep the savings in the bank, it will not get very far. So Id say take home pay x 20% investment x 40% savings x 40% expenses = zero.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Q4 2017 PH GDP

6.6%

lower than previous quarter

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Q4 2017 PH GDP

6.6%

lower than previous quarter

Uls, what is the forecast for Q118?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PH 2017 balance of payments (BOP) negative 863M USD

BOP is basically dollars coming in and dollars going out

PH saw more dollar outflow than inflow in 2017

despite high dollar inflow in December it wasn't enough to offset dollar outflow in previous 11 months

source:
    BOP deficit in 217 rises to $863 M >> Manila Bulletin Business

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    PH 2017 balance of payments (BOP) negative 863M USD

BOP is basically dollars coming in and dollars going out

PH saw more dollar outflow than inflow in 2017

despite high dollar inflow in December it wasn't enough to offset dollar outflow in previous 11 months

source:
    BOP deficit in 217 rises to $863 M >> Manila Bulletin Business
    Understandable. With the current political situation, I would rather keep the dollars that I already have or stop sending dollars into a local account in PH in case the government suddenly restrict dollar withdrawals.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    USDPHP breaks above 51

despite the weak dollar