New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    VP Binay promises govt action vs MILF attacks - Nation - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News

Haha galing ni Binay alam kung pano haplusin ang damdaming pilipino....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    VP Binay promises govt action vs MILF attacks - Nation - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News

Haha galing ni Binay alam kung pano haplusin ang damdaming pilipino....
    Yan ang pwedeng i-insert sa Basilan at mainland Mindanao. Di na kelangan ng camouflage gear.:ninja:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yan ang pwedeng i-insert sa Basilan at mainland Mindanao. Di na kelangan ng camouflage gear.:ninja:
    Wag lang siyang ngumiti...
    Wag din siyang dumilat na hindi naka shades.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post

potek... almost fell off my chair

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    FTW! :jawdrop:
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003

at di na rin kelangan magpahid ng uling sa mukha at katawan........

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ^^Hindi talaga mapapansin dahil mapagkamalang katutubo.....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    President Aquino’s statement on the aftermath of the armed encounter in Basilan, October 24, 2011 | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines

Statement
    of
    His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III
    President of the Philippines

On the aftermath of the armed encounter in Basilan on October 18, 2011

[Delivered in the President's Hall, Malacañan Palace, on October 24, 2011]

On the 18th of October, the Armed Forces began operations to pursue lawless elements in Al-Barka, Basilan. It resulted in the neutralization of nine criminals; unfortunately, 19 of our own soldiers were also killed.

Our soldiers were in pursuit of criminal elements with valid warrants of arrest—among them the fugitive Ibrahim Malat Sulayman, a leader of the Abu Sayyaf bandit group and a notorious criminal wanted for nine counts of murder. They are criminals whose actions stand outside of the peace process and what it signifies.

There have been calls to wage an “all-out war” against the MILF. While it is tempting for government to join the chorus in calling for blood, we believe that such a course of action is not appropriate at this point. We are not interested in knee-jerk reactions that will jeopardize our efforts to address the roots of conflict in the region. Anong klaseng pag-iisip ang nagsasabing awayin ang lahat, sabay-sabay, miski ang nananahimik, sa lahat ng sulok ng Pilipinas, para lang masabing may ginagawa ka?

We recognize that these calls, or at least some of them, for all-out war may come from those who do not have a full awareness of all the factors at play. However, my decisions cannot be borne out of ignorance. They have to be based on available facts. It is so easy, out of frustration, to close the door on negotiations at this time. If we go down this path, more innocent civilians will be put in harm’s way. The difficult peace process cannot be enhanced by shedding more blood and generating more ill will. We have to exhaust all possibilities for attaining peace through dialogue.

We will not pursue all-out war; we will instead pursue all-out justice.

All-out war is indiscriminate and borne out of anger. All-out justice is sober and fair; it is based on the rule of law, and leads to lasting peace.

In line with this, I have instructed intensified operations against all these criminal elements. The mailed fist of the state will be brought to bear upon them so that justice may be served. There is no question that the state will find them; the only remaining question is when. There will be sacrifices in addressing this decades-old problem. We expect everyone to understand this, and are confident of the cooperation of our citizenry.

This is not a purely military or police effort. Our local government and community leaders must assist in our efforts to achieve a holistic solution to the problems of the region.

In conducting their operations, our armed services have always been, and always will be, mindful of the safety of the civilians. Rest assured that the government will do everything it can to maximize the safety of the people and attend to their needs.

The men who sacrificed their lives in service of our people have the deepest respect of their commander-in-chief, and the utmost gratitude of the State. Siblings of one of the deceased, through their mother, indicated their desire to enlist in the military, in the midst of their loss. As I stood over their remains, I made a personal pledge to do all that I can so that, in the future, such sacrifices will no longer be necessary.

Let me remind everyone that there are those who will try to use this incident to gain political leverage and further agitate the public. Rash decisions fueled by a thirst for vengeance can only serve to dishonor the memory of the 19 brave souls who died last week, and the many others lost in our efforts to win the peace.

I urge our people to keep their eye on our long-term goals. May naalala po ba tayong magandang desisyong nagawa habang mainit ang atin pong ulo? Buhay po ang nakasalalay dito.

Maipapangako po namin sa inyo na sa darating na mga linggo, isa-isang mananagot ang mga kriminal na ito, habang tuloy-tuloy naman ang pag-aaruga natin at pagbibigay serbisyo sa mga mamamayang maaaring maapektuhan ng situwasyong ito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    President Aquino’s statement on the aftermath of the armed encounter in Basilan, October 24, 2011 | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines

Statement
    of
    His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III
    President of the Philippines

Let me remind everyone that there are those who will try to use this incident to gain political leverage and further agitate the public
    He has to look no further then his next in command.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/82385/p...bs-moro-rebels

They have launched an air and ground assault. Maybe this is the time not to go to Zamboanga City and Cotabato.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Philippine Army SF unit ambushed vietcong style in Mindanao