New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
    when cory was prez .. she just flew commercially .. she would bring 1 of her kids for state affairs .. only 1 because even though she would fly free, she would pay for the other ticket herself .. so when she stepped down .. her kids were only too happy .. sobrang contrast to what we have now ..
    Its because everyone in government is so corrupted that they can get away with it. The news media might report on it but nothing really happens. After a few days, it's back to business as usual.

What we need is something like what China does. The convicted government official will be taken from the courtroom and executed behind the courthouse. Prime example to warn the rest that they would follow if they become corrupted.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here; I don't think that the P1.2B budget is too far off the mark. If and when they do get a plane, I would presume that they'll also need to renovate the cabin (maybe to look somewhat like what the Americans have), hire pilots & cabin crew members, mechanics, get spare parts, buy/rent a hangar, and other miscellaneous items and things to be purchased and done.

Playing devils advocate, I was quoting airplanes with 200 seat capacity. What the government is looking for is a smaller, probably a 50 seat capacity plane which would also be much cheaper than the planes I found on the web.

Do also note that the planes I found were complete "units" meaning the interior can be sold to cover the cost of refitting the interior for 50 people. Frankly, you don't need an Airbus A320 to carry the president of a banana republic. P1.2B can do a lot of good if used elsewhere.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hmmm, I would suggest a paint scheme for the plane.

The center would be the window where pandak will be sitting.
    . . . tapos dagdagan natin ng ganitong decal para mas sigurado

Last edited by jjmd3_787; August 15th, 2009 at 10:32 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
PGMA plans to buy own "Air Force 1"