New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I saw this news item at GMA 7's 24 Oras. Nabangga at wasak yung Montero. May nakita pang long firearm sa vehicle (parang AK-47).

I agree that Mr. Llamas is entitled to personal protection and his bodyguards can carry firearms. Pero si Llamas was not in the vehicle. Out of the country siya. Sino pinoprotektahan nila that time?

Lacierda says the investigation will spare no one? Let's see.
    KKK yan eh........

Palace wants clarifications on PNoy adviser's 'abuse of authority' - Nation - GMA News Online - Latest Philippine News

Malacañang will take a closer look into the circumstances surrounding a road accident involving a presidential adviser’s vehicle in Quezon City last Friday, amid questions involving possible “abuse of authority."

Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said the Palace will ask presidential political adviser Ronald Llamas’ office for “clarifications" on whether his office’s personnel can carry high-powered firearms – even if Llamas himself was still in New York City at the time.

“I’m not privy to details of those firearms, but we will ask for further clarification on their part," Lacierda said over the weekend on government-run dzRB radio, when told that non-uniformed personnel are not supposed to carry high-powered firearms, and that even bodyguards can only carry handguns.

Authorities had found an assault rifle in the Mitsubishi Montero of Llamas after the sport-utility vehicle figured in a road accident in Quezon City before dawn Friday.

But Lacierda cited information from Llamas’ office indicating the firearm was licensed, even as he said Llamas is likely allowed a measure of protection as his job is “sensitive."

Carrying a licensed firearm, however, still requires a permit to carry.

“We would ask the office of the political adviser (OPA) [if] the firearms are licensed and carrying them is allowed. Sec. Llamas holds a very sensitive position and requires a certain level of security," he said.

Lacierda also noted Llamas himself was out of the country, attending a meeting of the United Nations High Commission for Refugees.

When asked if the investigation will spare no one, he said, “Yes."

Lacierda also said they will look into information that the same SUV had been involved in incidents where the driver showed abusive behavior.

One such incident allegedly involved the vehicle going against the flow of traffic in San Juan City.

“We will call the attention of Sec. Llamas and the OPA," Lacierda said. —

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, the story is they were "instructed" to bring the car home and went out on a joyride instead :chopper: (based on the last news article i read). I'll bet this Monty Sport is one of those idiots who drive around the Metro with no wangwang nga pero may backup or hagad boy with hazard lights always on.

But yes, the gun had no issue being in the car since the principal wasn't even there.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So the accident is a "blessing", otherwise those staff members would have continued their abusive joyride.

Llamas sacks staffers involved in traffic mishap
    abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 10/09/2011 5:40 PM | Updated as of 10/10/2011 8:35 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Presidential Political Adviser Ronald Llamas has sacked two of his staff members, who failed to secure his firearm before this was discovered by police during a traffic accident.

In a statement, the Office of the Political Adviser confirmed that the 2 occupants of the sports utility vehicle that rammed into a truck on Friday belong to its administrative and support staff. They are Joey Valderama Tecson and John Brilliant Alarcon.

The 2 were supposedly instructed to use the vehicle to go to Llamas’ house and ensure that it was secure in his absence. Llamas is still in Switzerland and was not around when the incident happened.

Without authorization, the 2 used the vehicle for their own personal purposes, the OPA said.

After the accident, police and members of the media discovered a firearm inside the SUV.

The OPA said it is duly-registered. Nonetheless, Llamas had given explicit instructions that the firearm be unloaded from the vehicle and safely secured but the 2 failed to comply, it added.

Security detail immediately went to the scene to secure the contents of the vehicle.

Tecson, who drove the car that day, was also brought to the police station.

The OPA said it “deeply regrets this unfortunate incident and has already initiated the process to effect the immediate dismissal from the service of these two staff members.”

“The OPA is also extending full cooperation to the ongoing police investigation, and fully supports any legal and judicial processes that may arise as a result of this incident,” it added.

The OPA also stressed, “there has been no attempt by anyone to withhold information about the incident, either from the police, media, or the public, or to allow those found responsible to escape culpability for their actions.”
    Llamas was a known leftist activist and member of Akbayan. Tauhan siya ni LOSER Mar Roxas who now have tasted political power. From activist, siya na ngayon ang abuser...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Haha tong mga to typical na jologs, reminds me of an incident before pinauwi ni erpats yung sasakyan namin dati sa driver kasi maaga kinabukasan sila lalakad para hindi ma late. Na total naman yung sasakyan kasi nabuyo daw yung driver namin ng mga kapitbahay nila at nag videoke. Nalasing, wasak..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    eto pa... yung mga tauhan ng bigshot na amo feeling siga

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Haha tong mga to typical na jologs, reminds me of an incident before pinauwi ni erpats yung sasakyan namin dati sa driver kasi maaga kinabukasan sila lalakad para hindi ma late. Na total naman yung sasakyan kasi nabuyo daw yung driver namin ng mga kapitbahay nila at nag videoke. Nalasing, wasak..
    Parang mga driver na nakakasabay ko minsan (since i live near a school), naka SUV (i.e. Fort, eVerest, Monty Sport) tapos nag-yosi with window open tapos malakas radyo. Pero obvious na driver lang (usually galing sa school nag-hatid ng mga anak ng amo nila).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Parang mga driver na nakakasabay ko minsan (since i live near a school), naka SUV (i.e. Fort, eVerest, Monty Sport) tapos nag-yosi with window open tapos malakas radyo. Pero obvious na driver lang (usually galing sa school nag-hatid ng mga anak ng amo nila).
    yan kasi ang gagawin nila pag may sarlili sila sasakyan

they're playing "pretend"

"let's pretend this is my car... wow grabe... ang porma ko..."

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    So the accident is a "blessing", otherwise those staff members would have continued their abusive joyride.

Llamas was a known leftist activist and member of Akbayan. Tauhan siya ni LOSER Mar Roxas who now have tasted political power. From activist, siya na ngayon ang abuser...
    there's a press conf. going on at malacanang. gma7's michael pajatin asked llamas:

"bakit po hindi m16 ang gamit nyo ? natanong ko po yan kasi, madalas kong makita yang ak47 sa mga leftists & insurgents lang."

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ^Hard to tell the origin without seeing the S/N, receiver and stock. Red furniture finish, forward sling loop and narrow forestock band indicates it's a Type 3 clone though.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ANC has an Editorial on the issue.. or Teddy Locsin... right on the spot!

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/ins...iGCUrOkvqm_b7q

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Palace wants clarifications on PNoy adviser's 'abuse of authority'