New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I think the lack of government spending is the biggest hurdle. PNoy got his wish... less kurakot... but he's got to FORCE people to spend money on infrastructure anyway, even without the kickbacks they're used to.

Which is different from Gloria "Let's buy more cheap rice to give away" or "Let's give out lots and lots of money to the poor so they'll forget corruption issues" Arroyo?

The program Conditional Cash Transfer was first executed during GMA's term and was a brainchild of the current DSWD head and member of the Black & White movement and Hyatt 10... And they don't want to call it DOLEOUTS!

The problem is what happens if the goverment can no longer afford it... MORE TAXES!

ILOILO CITY, Iloilo, Philippines — Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Secretary Corazon Soliman clarified that the Aquino government’s poverty alleviation conditional cash transfer (CCT) program is a tool for empowering the poor and not a dole out.

“This is to ensure that children of poor families can have a fighting chance,” said Soliman as she addressed representatives of civil society organizations (CSOs) from the Visayas during the DSWD Visayas Cluster Forum on CCT held in Iloilo City recently.

The CCT program, which is also known as Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program of the Aquino administration aims to alleviate the quality of life for impoverished Filipinos by giving cash grants for health, nutrition and education for poor families who have children 14-years-old and younger.

According to latest survey results of the Social Weather Stations (SWS), 10.4 million Filipino families consider themselves poor.

“We need to break the intergenerational poverty cycle and empower these children so they will know how to read, write, and count and not become victims,” Soliman emphasized.

As of August, approximately P9 billion has been released for more than two million family beneficiaries.
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 1st, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008

This is what brings the Philippines down.

Spending Billions for the Skwakings with zero ROI.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

meron ROI...

in about 15 yrs labor-for-export yan

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    like i keep saying it's govt spending

PNoy cut back on govt spending to reduce/eliminate corruption

yan ang solution niya -- huwag maglabas ng pera, walang makukurakot

galing no?
    Very stupid. Stopping projects ain't curbing corruption. What I want to see is a president that gets things done and more. Never mind if they're taking 10%, as long as these projects are sustainable and beneficial for everyone.

OT: You'd always wonder how "corruption" helped to establish the Chaebol and that Malaysian car company.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Very stupid. Stopping projects ain't curbing corruption. What I want to see is a president that gets things done and more. Never mind if they're taking 10%, as long as these projects are sustainable and beneficial for everyone.

OT: You'd always wonder how "corruption" helped to establish the Chaebol and that Malaysian car company.
    Why does everyone keep bringing up Malaysia? Corruption matters much less if you have billions of dollars of oil money floating around. Just look at the 20th Century USA... despite rampant corruption and self-interest lobbying, they could grow because the US had a huge industrial base, lots of resources and was rich, rich, rich. Now look what two or three Republican administrations pandering to big business interests has done to the US (and the global) economy...

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    So what would we rather have?

I'm thinking our infra spending will be going up in the coming years though. Wasn't last year supposed to be more of an audit year that's why a lot of things were halted?
    Yup. That's why this year... no more excuses. It's sink or swim time for the Aquino administration. I gave them 2010 and the first half of 2011 to get things right. But now that they seem more set on pursuing political agendas than economic ones, my patience is wearing thin.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ^^^

meron ROI...

in about 15 yrs labor-for-export yan
    Wahahaha!!! :hysterical:

-

It's stupid spending money just to continue supporting marginal cases. We should be doing targeted microfinancing, instead.

What the Philippines really needs is a "Women's Bank", as in India. Because giving money away to poor men is a freaking waste. Most of them will spend it away gambling or drinking or diddling around to have more kids.

Women care more about the family and making money... which is why so many are working as househelp or "labanderas" while their husbands are drinking on the sidewalk.

This is why microfinancing programs that target women (as long as those women are well-selected) are relatively successful. Because you're sure they'll put it into a business, and that they'll pay attention to it and work at it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

I'm thinking our infra spending will be going up in the coming years though. Wasn't last year supposed to be more of an audit year that's why a lot of things were halted?
    I do hope you're right that last year they just implemented the steps in which to curb some corruption in the system. But this year there must be a better performance kasi dapat nakapag-adjust na gov't.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    OT: I think this is a nice read on why Korea prospered and not the Philippines.

Crony Capitalism

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    OT: I think this is a nice read on why Korea prospered and not the Philippines.

Crony Capitalism
    The reason why Penoy is dating a korean

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqoCHR14n8]Milton Friedman - The Free Lunch Myth - YouTube[/ame]
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Palace justifies 3.7% economic growth in 2011