Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang galing ni Pacyou....

Pacquiao wants lessons on political boxing from Chavit
    By Frank Cimatu, Leoncio Balbin Jr.
    Inquirer Northern Luzon
    First Posted 21:02:00 06/23/2010

VIGAN CITY, Philippines—After attending his classes on local governance at the Development Academy of the Philippines on Monday, boxing champion and Sarangani Rep.-elect Manny Pacquiao immediately flew to Ilocos Sur to attend the 69th birthday bash of his friend, Governor-elect Luis “Chavit” Singson.
    Pacquiao, however, said he came here not only to greet Singson but to learn “political boxing” from the veteran politician.
    “He has been in service for so long. I will learn a lot from him as a public servant and it’s a privilege to be his friend," Pacquiao said in Filipino.
    Pacquiao planed in from Metro Manila, where he was taking a crash course on local governance as preparation for his first term as the Sarangani representative. He came in with his wife, Jinkee.
    “I want to bring livelihood programs to my people. I will file a bill for the establishment of a provincial hospital and a provincial college or university [in Sarangani]," he said.
    Pacquiao said he would also look after the welfare of his fellow athletes.
    Singson, Pacquiao’s constant companion in his boxing training and fights, described Pacquiao as one of the most intelligent and humble boxers he met.
    But he gave Pacquiao an initial jab. “It’s difficult to balance boxing and politics. I wish you would slow down or minimize on the other things you are doing. Look after the welfare of your constituents," he told Pacquiao.
    Singson, considered kingpin of Ilocos Sur and the leader of the Singson political clan, said politics and boxing are almost the same.
    “You should have discipline," he said. “You should study and learn from your enemies.”
    He also said a “killer instinct” would be necessary for boxing as well as for politics. He asked Pacquiao to learn to walk the talk. “Huwag kang masyadong madaldal. Kailangang gawin mo ang sinasabi mo (Avoid talking too much. You should do what you are saying)."
    Pacquiao was not the only celebrity to grace Singson’s birthday party. President Macapagal-Arroyo, an ally of Singson’s, attended the party and led the oath taking of elected officials in the province.
    Television host Willie Revillame also mingled with the crowd.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Magaling na titser iyan... Walang palya....

10.2K:chicken:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    aw! gusto matuto ng "dirty tactics" from one of the masters!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^siguro sa kanya natutunan ni Pacman na makisabay sa agos...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Utay-utay na niyang natututunan ang laro ng politika.

# 1 . Maging Politikal butterfly (este bubuyog) agad di na pinatagal :flower1: :bee: :flowerysmile:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Pacman for Congressman