New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di pa tapos ung mga problema ni Nurse Pinoy Pride in Singapore...tutulungan ba kaya ng POEA since genuine OFW naman itong ogag. Singaporeans are very sensitive to racial slang, since their country was founded from racial riots between majority ethnic Chinese and minority indigenous malays.

Filipino ex-nurse charged with sedition and giving false info to the police
    PUBLISHED ON APR 7, 2015 4:05 PM

BY ELENA CHONG

SINGAPORE - The nurse who allegedly made anti-Singaporean comments on Facebook was charged on Tuesday with sedition and giving false information to the police.

Filipino Ed Mundsel Bello Ello, who was sacked by Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), faces two charges of publishing a seditious comment on his Facebook account and three of lying to the police.

The 28-year-old allegedly said Singaporeans are "loosers" (sic) and vowed to "evict" them from their country and prayed that "disators" (disasters) strike Singapore and then he would celebrate.

He ended by saying that "Pinoy better and stronger than Stinkaporeans" in his Jan 2 post.

He also allegedly commented in another post that evening that he would "kick out all Singaporeans and SG will be the new filipno state".

The charges, under the Sedition Act, say the publications have the tendency to promote feelings of ill-will and hostility between Singaporeans and Filipinos in Singapore.

Ello is accused of lying to the police at Chong Pang Neighbourhood Police Post the next day that he did not post the comments on Facebook.

On Jan 4, he is said to have lied to a senior officer at at Ang Mo Kio Police Division headquarters that he did not post those comments and that his Facebook account had been hacked.

The last charge accuses him of giving false information to the same officer on Jan 5.

Asked why the case took so long to come to court, a spokesman from the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) noted that Ello had made false claims to the police during investigations.

Time was needed for investigations - which included digital forensic analysis of computing devices - to be completed before the case can be brought to court, she said.

The Straits Times understands that investigations took three months, and involved digital forensic analysis of computing devices, examination of server logs, and the recording of detailed statements from relevant witnesses.

Ello, who was not represented, told the court he would be engaging a lawyer.

Bail of $10,000 was offered and his passport has been impounded.

A pre-trial conference has been set for April 21.

If convicted, he could be fined up to $5,000 and/or jailed for up to three years on each charge of sedition.

For lying to the police, he could be jailed for up to one year and/or fined up to $5,000 on each charge.
    - See more at: Filipino ex-nurse charged with sedition and giving false info to the police - Singapore Courts & Crime News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 7th, 2015 at 07:46 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i can attest to some complains against pinoys in singapore. ang iingay talaga ng mga kababayan natin doon. sa bus, sa tren at sa mga foodcourts. i admit na nakakahiya dahil walang paki sa paligid nila. ang iba pa naman sa atin pag nagtawanan, todo talaga. im not stereotyping but we have to consider 2 groups of ofws, the white collar and the blue collar. no problem with white collar, blue collars on the other hand ang may malaking problema, lalo na pag linggo. pag linggo, puno talaga ang kalsada, nag uumpukan, kwentohan. wala sanang problema kung considerate tayo na may iba pa palang tao na gagamit din ng kalsada. eh kaso, nakaharang tayo doon. kahit dito sa pinas, naiinis din tayo pag nahirapan kanang maglakad sa kalye dahil okupado ang kalsada. nasa ibang bansa tayo, makibagay tayo sa host. ika nga, when in rome, do what romans do.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ Hindi pa pala streotyping yun?

For me Wala sa lahi yan.

Wala sa propesyon. Sa laki o liit ng kinikita.

Nasa ugali ng tao yan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The nurse deserve what he gets. Kung galit ka, umalis ka, simple as that. Why bark to your host country at social media where by anyone can read specially when his foreign to that country with strict security law. TANGA at he deserved to be cained. I don't mind bitayin yan para 1 less tangang pinoy. Most likely isa pa sa mga bobotante yan.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    TANGA at he deserved to be cained. I don't mind bitayin yan para 1 less tangang pinoy.
    Reminds me of Johari's window, if you know what I mean.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    Reminds me of Johari's window, if you know what I mean.
    I think he has a point there although not as eloquently stated if you know what I mean.

I've lived in Singapore for eight years but I am smart enough to understand the laws of the land to not get myself in trouble and not affect other people's views of Filipinos in general.

This nurse acted immaturely and irresponsibly which resulted in a racial slur. For this I believe he deserves what is coming to him. He does not deserve to be helped by POEA nor the Philippine consulate.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Had to search "Johari Window" at DuckDuckGo.

I learned something new today.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    i can attest to some complains against pinoys in singapore. ang iingay talaga ng mga kababayan natin doon. sa bus, sa tren at sa mga foodcourts. i admit na nakakahiya dahil walang paki sa paligid nila. ang iba pa naman sa atin pag nagtawanan, todo talaga. im not stereotyping but we have to consider 2 groups of ofws, the white collar and the blue collar. no problem with white collar, blue collars on the other hand ang may malaking problema, lalo na pag linggo. pag linggo, puno talaga ang kalsada, nag uumpukan, kwentohan. wala sanang problema kung considerate tayo na may iba pa palang tao na gagamit din ng kalsada. eh kaso, nakaharang tayo doon. kahit dito sa pinas, naiinis din tayo pag nahirapan kanang maglakad sa kalye dahil okupado ang kalsada. nasa ibang bansa tayo, makibagay tayo sa host. ika nga, when in rome, do what romans do.
    So every race is allowed to talk loud except for filipino? What is loud? Sound like what you describe is normal conversation between friends. Should filipino talk like mouse when they are in other country? What about other race when they talk? I can hear them shouting , laughing hard and it doesn't bother me as long as I am not mention in the conversation. Sometimes I admit when its loud it bothers me but what should I do? Its a public place and usually I just ignore them. Blue collar , white collar if they want to talk let them talk. Who cares. If its loud and it bothers them let them go someplace after all its a public place. Filipinos, usually living in other countries are not really out of place or loud from what I observe. If you want to compare loudness listen to americans.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    So every race is allowed to talk loud except for filipino? What is loud? Sound like what you describe is normal conversation between friends. Should filipino talk like mouse when they are in other country? What about other race when they talk? I can hear them shouting , laughing hard and it doesn't bother me as long as I am not mention in the conversation. Sometimes I admit when its loud it bothers me but what should I do? Its a public place and usually I just ignore them. Blue collar , white collar if they want to talk let them talk. Who cares. If its loud and it bothers them let them go someplace after all its a public place. Filipinos, usually living in other countries are not really out of place or loud from what I observe. If you want to compare loudness listen to americans.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ spot on brother!

Another example may mas unruly pa ba sa mga mainland chinese? Always on the news mga yan behaving badly while visiting other countries.

Pero with regards to that filipino nurse, nothing can justify yung ginawa niya.

Common sense lang kelangan, kaso not so common nowadays. Nanaig ang katangahan eh.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dolengleng View Post
    What we are talking about here is people who act rowdy and talk very loud in public spaces. Such behaviour is generally considered to be rude and inconsiderate of other people sharing the space with you. This is very true especially in close quarters spaces like buses, trains, elevators, and even in restaurants.

In Singapore, no other race talks loud and acts rowdy like the "blue collar" Pinoys. Does the other races talk loud? Yes they do. But the question is where. I often see Singaporeans also talking loud. But it is normally in a space where they would not bother anyone else's peace and well being. There is no set rule except that you need to be aware and respectful of the people around you. Common sense should apply - unfortunately this is in short supply for some.

I understand that loud and rowdy is the norm here in the Philippines so I do not expect people to understand nor do I expect them to behave otherwise. Like all the past comments in this thread, I am adjusting to the norms of the country where I live in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dolengleng View Post
    What we are talking about here is people who act rowdy and talk very loud in public spaces. Such behaviour is generally considered to be rude and inconsiderate of other people sharing the space with you. This is very true especially in close quarters spaces like buses, trains, elevators, and even in restaurants.

In Singapore, no other race talks loud and acts rowdy like the "blue collar" Pinoys. Does the other races talk loud? Yes they do. But the question is where. I often see Singaporeans also talking loud. But it is normally in a space where they would not bother anyone else's peace and well being. There is no set rule except that you need to be aware and respectful of the people around you. Common sense should apply - unfortunately this is in short supply for some.

I understand that loud and rowdy is the norm here in the Philippines so I do not expect people to understand nor do I expect them to behave otherwise. Like all the past comments in this thread, I am adjusting to the norms of the country where I live in.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast