Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414748495051525354 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^glenduke differs

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Groundbreaking of Ternate-Nasugbu Road Project - YouTube

Ternate-nasugbu road (kabiang tunnel) was inaugurated by glory 2009, continued by pnoy and I was able to drive thru it last 2015

It was a picturesque and skillful drive

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reflections on the Aquino Leadership and Administration
    By Motoo Kinishi

As we read and hear the outpouring of gratitude for President Benigno S Aquino III, highlighting his accomplishments and his virtues, I wanted to write a bit about how much the World Bank has learned from President Aquino.

World Bank’s institutional goal is to eliminate extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity. On this, President Aquino will tell you three things. First, unless you improve governance and reduce corruption, you can never eliminate extreme poverty. Second, unless you can tackle climate change and natural disasters, you can never eliminate extreme poverty. And lastly unless you can grow the economy that lifts the entire country from bottom up and create meaningful jobs you can never eliminate extreme poverty. Those three conditions for eliminating poverty was really taken to heart by the World Bank.

The Aquino administration walked the talk. Here are some examples of things which the World Bank learned as part of advising the Administration.

On Governance and Corruption: Philippines was one of the eight founding members of the Open Government Partnership – a global partnership between Government and Civil Society to promote transparent, inclusive and participatory governance; Anti-corruption effort in DPWH brought down the cost of large national contracts by 25-30% (much of it due to elimination of corruption payments); tax revenues improved from less than 12% of GDP (one of the lowest in the region) to over 15%, including the passage of Sin Tax, and using the multilateral banks to create the huge fiscal space which the current Administration is using to borrow to finance the heavy cost of Covid-19 expenses. The improvement was so impressive that the World Bank held conferences of heads of tax authorities in the region on how it was accomplished. Support to DBM on Bottom-Up Budgeting to direct more resources towards rural and poverty reduction programs and budget reform and transparency. Breakthrough work on the Bangsamoro Peace Process and the Organic Law. And of course most importantly, the drive for good governance led to one of the fastest economic growth rates globally, rivaling that of China.

On climate change and natural disasters: The Bank, ADB and JICA were able to help NEDA put together the Typhoon Haiyan Reconstruction Plan in less than six months after the typhoon and delivered several billion dollars of assistance packages in matter of few months (again a new record at the Bank). A complete game changer in the world of post disaster reconstruction planning and it has now set a new global standard on disaster response. In addition, to reduce and mitigate the financial burden caused by natural disasters, DOF instructed the World Bank to create a wholly new Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance Program (now a new product line offered globally by the World Bank).

On improving the quality of growth and lifting the whole country from the bottom up, Aquino Administration expanded the program to provide universal coverage of health insurance; doubled the families covered under the Conditional Cash Transfer Program that pulled 7.7 million Filipinos out of poverty (largest and one of the best managed program of this type in the world). And nearly tripling the budget for social services (education, health and DSWD – unheard of increase in social services globally).

The Aquino administration was committed to delivering on its promises to the Filipino people and knew how to maximize the resources available to them to ensure that these objectives were met. We worked hand-in-hand with them in ensuring that only the cutting edge policy solutions were proposed and implemented. My senior staff were practically embedded in many of the Departments. We would scramble and work with our Washington teams to put together global best practice notes in 24 to 48 hours. Many of the reports were produced in-house in Manila. The Philippines Jobs Report and Mindanao Jobs Report both were monumental work produced by teams led by our brilliant senior economist Karl Chua who is now the Secretary of NEDA.

Over the 35 years that I served at the World Bank, I have worked with Presidents and Ministers in over thirty countries. But the four years as the Country Director for the Philippines has been the most challenging, most impressive and most rewarding because of the Aquino leadership and administration.

We witnessed and appreciated the difficulty and effort that was required to stabilize and turn a country around that was in a downward spiral. We also saw first-hand the togetherness and shared vision that is necessary to put a country on a true growth path. We were inspired to work for a President and a Cabinet truly pushing to eliminate poverty and bring a brighter future for its citizens. And we all know that this is because of the President’s unwavering devotion to the Filipino People, to improving their lives, and to retake the position of Philippines as a nation to be proud of and a nation that will succeed and excel in Asia.

Dear President Aquino, on behalf of all the World Bank staff who worked on the Philippines during your administration, it’s been a true honor and privilege to serve you. Bravo for the pride that you have brought back to the Filipino people.

May you Rest In Peace and thank you for the devotion and sacrifice you have made for this great country.

- Motoo Konishi, World Bank Country Director for the Philippines, 2012-2016; Distinguished Fellow, the Asian Institute of Management, 2016-Present

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/l...-tbc-projects/

BUILD BUILD BUILD daw sa ribbon cutting

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've been watching the CJ Corona trial in the past few days (not sure why it popped in my recommended videos) I didn't watch the whole trial a decade ago and now I could see how the Pnoy admin did CJ Corona so dirty!

I recall a tsikoteer (was it ULS?) saying that the Aquinos are so vindictive and now I see it after watching the trial. He just would not accept PGMA's appointment. The defense had a brilliant lawyer (Cuevas) and I appreciate Miriam Defensor Santiago even more because she stuck to her guns and remained objective, following the law/no political bias.

It seems like CJ Corona died from a broken heart. It's so tragic what the admin did to him

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^
    yung ginawa ni presdu kay delima eh retaliation yun sa ginawa ni noynoy/delima kay gloria arroyo yung pinahiya sa airport.

sa gobierno the overwhelming majority eh corrupt, si gloria corrupt, mga nakapaligid kay noynoy eh corrupt. Pero bakit ganun kapersonal ginawa nila.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I've been watching the CJ Corona trial in the past few days (not sure why it popped in my recommended videos) I didn't watch the whole trial a decade ago and now I could see how the Pnoy admin did CJ Corona so dirty!

I recall a tsikoteer (was it ULS?) saying that the Aquinos are so vindictive and now I see it after watching the trial. He just would not accept PGMA's appointment. The defense had a brilliant lawyer (Cuevas) and I appreciate Miriam Defensor Santiago even more because she stuck to her guns and remained objective, following the law/no political bias.

It seems like CJ Corona died from a broken heart. It's so tragic what the admin did to him
    yes ako yun

it was Corona who made the final decision on Hacienda Luisita

di ko alam ung detalye pero it has to do with the land reform and the gov't would pay the cojuancos but the amount is much smaller than the amount the cojuancos wanted

sa sobra badtrip ni Noynoy kay Corona he went on a mission to destroy him

sabi senators were bribed to impeach corona
    Last edited by uls; May 29th, 2023 at 12:58 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Drilon admits receiving P1M after Corona trial
    MANILA, Philippines – Senate President Franklin Drilon on Sunday, September 29 admitted getting P100 million worth of disbursement after the conviction of former chief justice Renato Corona in May 2012, but insisted that the amount was not a bribe.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yes ako yun

it was Corona who made the final decision on Hacienda Luisita

di ko alam ung detalye pero it has to do with the land reform and the gov't would pay the cojuancos but the amount is much smaller than the amount the cojuancos wanted

sa sobra badtrip ni Noynoy kay Corona he went on a mission to destroy him

sabi senators were bribed to impeach corona
    I'm so affected now. No wonder the man died from a broken heart. MDS was right all along. I have to admit that I did NOT follow the trial closely and I also thought CJ Corona was guilty, pero yung binabato nila na wealth, it's justifiable naman with his career earnings and inheritance (plus wife's pa), His assets were modest for a person of his stature.

Enrile did well as the chair but in the end voted guilty. 3 lang not guilty: Joker Arroyo, Miriam Defensor Santiago and Bongbong Marcos

Na politika talaga si CJ Corona. Now I understand yung galit ng ibang tao sa Aquino. Also, it is NOT true na puro masa/bobo lang ang galit sa Aquinos because I know a lot of well off people that hate the Aquinos (never understood them then but now I get it) I don't regret voting for Pnoy but the Aquinos are NOT blemish free as others paint their family to be.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

buti namulat mata mo

dito sa forum i got bashed for my anti-delaw stance

but i'm sticking to my views

Noynoy aquino