New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by karl88 View Post
    yung actual na pagkakasabi pa nung isang commisioner..."Se-nay-tor elect Frances Juseph Iscudero"
    Sensya na...Bisdak kasi (bisayang dako!)
    Anyone knows what their platform is? Wala yata akong matandaan...suri man gid! All i know is oust GMA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Why am I not surprised at the recent pronouncements of these so-called "se-nay-tors"? Si Trillanes, first order of business daw e impeach GMA. Tapos, the others say they will again pursue the Jose Pidal & Garci issue. Di pa man nag-uumpisa ang sessions nila, alam na agad na aksaya lang ng pera ni Juan dela Cruz ang aatupagin nila. Tapos very vocal pa sila sa mga juicy commitees na gusto nila mapasakanila. Kadupangan na yan!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Why am I not surprised at the recent pronouncements of these so-called "se-nay-tors"? Si Trillanes, first order of business daw e impeach GMA. Tapos, the others say they will again pursue the Jose Pidal & Garci issue. Di pa man nag-uumpisa ang sessions nila, alam na agad na aksaya lang ng pera ni Juan dela Cruz ang aatupagin nila. Tapos very vocal pa sila sa mga juicy commitees na gusto nila mapasakanila. Kadupangan na yan!
    first order of business nila is impeachment siguro. there goes the economy .

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    Pinagsabihan na si Trillanes ng nakatatandang Pimentel. Hindi naman talaga maganda sa ekonomiya natin kung yun ang aatupagin nila. OK lang sa akin na kontrahin yung pamamalakad niya.

Isipin nyo na lang kung si De Castro ang magiging presidente sakaling matanggal nga si GMA baka mas malala na ang mangyayari sa bansa natin.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    imho, the senate's first order of business would focus on self preservation. with malacanang gearing up for another chacha push and with the supreme court having acknowledged the validity of such an endeavor, i wouldn't be surprised if the admin starts going on the offensive against the upper house before this year ends.

trillanes is a fool if he thinks he can wage a one man impeachment complaint against GMA. the admin controls the congress. both houses will use the impeachment "threat" to force malacanang to let loose the juice (CDF) to ensure enough numbers vote against the complaint.

essentially, walang pagbabago from the situation we had before the midterm elections. but now, mas konti ang magiging tangible results ng government spending kasi kakatapos lang ng elections at kelangan uling mag-ipon (mangurakot) for the presidential elections in less than 3 years time.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I just hope that the opposition senators voted focus more on legilating law rather than wasting their time mudslinging. Hope that they can prove me wrong.
    If they can refrain from doing any committee investigations for the first 100 days, it would be great. Hopefully, they can pass some much-needed legislation like:

1. The Lemon Car Law
    2. Exemption of Minimum Wage Earners from Income Tax
    3. Cheaper Medicines Law

I'm betting that the senator who can push for these bills to become law will have an inside track on the presidency come 2010.

The House of Representatives under JDV, on the other hand, would do well to stop their overtures for a shift to a parliamentary form of government and just come up with counterpart bills for these desired laws.
    Last edited by Altis6453; June 8th, 2007 at 08:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    IMO, they should focus more on the peace and order problem and eliminating graft. Masama talaga ang perception ng Pinas abroad re: these 2 areas. Foreign investors are really turned off. Yung mga kamag-anak nga namin sa Tate ayaw na magbakasyon dito because of all the bad things they've been hearing, so much more the businessmen.

Passage of laws making it easier to weed out corrupt cops and high-ranking civil servants. As it is, hindi implementation ang problem, talagang mahirap mag-patalsik ng bugok na pulis. Buti pa sa AFP, madaling ma-restrict sa quarters at tanggalan ng armas yung mga tiwaling sundalo, pero its a different matter with the PNP. May kaso na nga (both administrative and criminal), napo-promote pa!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    all impeachment moves must come from the house which is dominated by pro-gma forces. that's why all international observers see our "midterm elections" as no bearing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
mr. se-nay-tor . . . what r u going to do next?