New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    In the Blue Ribbon Committee Hearing, there is no burden of proof to discharge. This is an exploratory activity of the Senate. It may be in aid of legislation or a basis of filing a complaint for preliminary investigation. During PI, the complainant and his witnesses are required to satisfy the requirement of Probable Cause. Your lawyer knows this. In trial for conviction or acquittal: the former needs GUILT BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT; while in the latter, the defense just needs to cast a doubt and he would be free. If we take the case of Garcia in Plunder, maybe, the Ombudsman prosecutors have seen that their pieces of evidence are not so tight that they did not risk losing the 150M-sure na yun ibalik sa gobyerno. And, perhaps, they thought that it was a better deal because, sure na rin ang conviction for a lighter offense of bribery. Wala din kasi witness that could prove the scheme of plunder. It has to be a series of act. The auditor's, now whistle blower, statements or findings, may prove na nawawala ang pondo. But how? You have to specifically prove the scheme. That's the pain of fully discharging guilt beyond reasonable doubt.
    i see. . .salamat, sis ai

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    i see. . .salamat, sis ai
    you're welcome, Sir.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Di lang pala loyal sa bandila ang sundalo, sa asawa din. Si Garcia offered to enter a plea of guilt sa bribery when his wife and children were about to be extradited. Willing to give back 150M just to save his wife and kids. So with the late Reyes...he put an end to his life.
    cool talaga ng justice system satin... nagnakaw na nga 307 million si Garcia, tapos ibabalik nalang daw niya 150M(ibigsabihin umamin na nagnakaw nga ng daang milyon or baka bilyong piso pa) pero ayun nakakalaya parin.. e ang daming napapatay ng pulis sa lansangan dahil nag nakaw lang ng cellphone tapos itong gunggung naito hindi maikulong kulong...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    you're welcome, Sir.
    kung naging kasingkapal lang ang mukha ni reyes kila garcia at amo nyang pandak e buhay pa sya ngayon. . .he didn't have to tell anything to those hyenas in the senate

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mabait pala si Lacson........

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/02...-pabaon-system

Lacson: PNP also has pabaon system

MANILA, Philippines - Senator Panfilo Lacson revealed today there is also a slush fund in the Philippine National Police, saying it is high time that the agency be investigated as well.

Despite being in hiding, the fugitive senator could not contain himself from reacting to the controversy that started in the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).

In a statement, Lacson said: “Having first hand knowledge of these facts, I strongly support the proposal to expand the investigation of the ‘welcome and send-off gifts tradition’ to include the AFP's across-the-street neighbor, the PNP.”

He said when he took over as chief of the PNP, he was informed that there was P40 million in “commander’s reserve” at his disposal.

He also said he was offered a monthly gas allowance “equivalent to the consumption of 50 vehicles or more even if allowed to run 24 hours a day.”

He said he was also presented with a “high limit credit card with the information that I could swipe it both for personal and official purposes.”

Lacson claimed he did not accept all these perks, and instead channeled all these to the needs of those in the front lines.

“Instead of enjoying these 'perks', I focused on getting rid the police ranks of the ICU's - the Inept, Corrupt and Undisciplined police officers and providing a no-nonsense law enforcement service to our people,” he added.

He claimed he was the one instead who gave a “pabaon,” via the PNP Foundation, Inc.

Earnings from the fund are still being used to augment the PNP's scarce resources, he said.

“Beyond those borders, I call on President Benigno Aquino III to seize this unusual opportunity of his time, highlighted by Heidi Mendoza and the
    supreme sacrifice inflicted by Gen Angelo Reyes upon himself, by including all other agencies of the national government in an extensive accounting of how the taxpayers' money are being spent. I am afraid, this opportunity will not present itself again even in the next one hundred years,” he added.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^ Charring Lacson.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Mis-Behavior of a Official