New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by limgo
    and i decided that i want to retire there when the time comes.

oh, and i plan to eat a lot of lechon, bbq, crispy pata, balut, chicharon bulaklak, chicharon bituka, sinigang, tapa, taho, pancit, halo-halo....you get the point

Kris

ah eh baka hindi ka na umabot ng retirement nyan sa listahan ng food na kakainin mo... hehehe.

Sa buhay dito sa pinas talagang walang tatalo, masarap mabuhay dito, in spite of the government situation, pollution and traffic.

I was an immigrant in Canada and I used to work there but I decided to come back here for the same reason already stated. I experienced the good life here, malaki sweldo, ganda benefits, nice car, eat at the finest restaurants. Now, wala na naman ako work and I decided na bumalik na lang ako sa Canada para makipagsapalaran.

tsk, tsk, tsk buhay nga naman, parang life...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    arkansas isn't really the poorest state in the US, pero halatang probinsya. whatever i don't like about this state isn't specific to this state; i'm sure there are stupid people everywhere

some of you guys make it seem like if i move to the philippines for work, parang magiging forever na. ayun ba ang mangyayari kahit na ang plan ko ay temporary stay lang diyan?

Kris

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    are you going to work just for show and experience? cause if you are like most people who works for MONEY, it's not here, specially if you came from the states. Are you expecting subsidy from your parents or relatives here? suck it up there, man. move to a non-redneck state perhaps. my relatives moved there and found work (the whole family). maarte ka lang siguro

I'm guessing that you or your family is probably rich in the states. yung tipong magmamasters degree nalang kasi ayaw magtrabaho ng mahirap (like some people I know- doctor at real estate and parents sa states
    Last edited by bad driver; October 1st, 2005 at 11:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by limgo
    arkansas isn't really the poorest state in the US, pero halatang probinsya. whatever i don't like about this state isn't specific to this state; i'm sure there are stupid people everywhere

some of you guys make it seem like if i move to the philippines for work, parang magiging forever na. ayun ba ang mangyayari kahit na ang plan ko ay temporary stay lang diyan?

Kris
    Not necessarily kapatid. In the end, you still decide for yourself kung san ka nga ba talaga lalago. There are pros and cons in every country, whether sa States man or sa Pinas. It's how you live your life, may nagsabi dito na kung san ka masaya, dun ka. Kung enjoy ka sa ginagawa mo, dun ka. I totally agree with that.

Malaki nga ang kinikita mo kung lahat naman yun e mapupunta lang sa medical expenses because of stress related illnesses, balewala rin. Maski maliit ang kita kung nag-eenjoy ka sa buhay mo, that's the whole point in life. Remember, everything is temporary, including your life.

Suggestion lang kapatid, why don't you ask the One above, He always listens and will always give you the right direction.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bright is my favorite color.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    amf, sinabi ba naming ****-hole ang Pinas? We are not talking about 'roots' here kapatid, REALITY ang pinaguusapan natin. Ngayon, kung isa sya sa mga mapapalad na tao sa Pinas (kagaya ng previous post kung nagbasa ka nga ng tatlong pages) eh di hindi mahirap ang buhay sa Pinas. He did touch his roots when he came to visit, did he not? Or did you fail to read the entirety of 3 previous pages? Wow, kung talagang mabubuhay lang kami ng nanay ko sa Pinas, sana hindi na sya nag migrate dito sa US.

Hindi rin namin sya dini-discourage, sinasabi lang namin ang mga na-obserbahan sa Pinas at ang aming mga opinyon. Bulag ka ba or sadyang mayaman ka kaya hindi mo antala ang kahirapan sa Pinas?

pero sabi ni limgo, sasaluhin na daw sya ng tito nya pag-dating sa work. So, isa sya sa mga mapapalad na tao sa pinas.

Saka wala satin ang ultimate decision ni limgo, binibigyan lang namin sya [pb]opinyon[/b]. Ngayon, datapuwat maraming hindi magandang feedback from our fellow tsikoteers, sya pa din ang makakapag desisyon.
    amf.....i read the entire 3 pages before i made my comment.....hey hey! we are not talking about your mom's situation and your situation back here in the Philippines OR the lives of those filipinos below the porverty line......why be so overly sensitive about it?
    Limgo specifically wrote that he wanted to have working experience with the help of his uncle here in the philippines and he wrote that he will NOT stay longer than 5 years here......
    what is the connection of the "reality" here in the philippines you are talking about with Limgo's desire to work with his uncle or through his uncle's help? he never said he is coming over and take his chance without connection in the philippine jobmarket......
    "bulag sa katotohanan"? you are clearly implying that im an insensitive person eh....i give FREE consultations/drug dispersal 5X a week in my clinic in manila.....i do emergency medical treatment/obstetrical delivery in far flung areas of urban pangasinan to those i dont even know inspite of the uncertainties and possible danger at the wee hours of the morning because they cant afford hospital admitance......i do military/civilian medical mission left and right FOR free throughout the year.....i know people getting sick just because they cant afford to buy antibiotic worth P12.....so please do not lecture me for being "bulag sa reality".....do not pre-judge someone you dont even know personally
    ok so if im not "bulag to reality", then i must be rich? karding, if you think being rich is being insensitive to the plight of the ordinary filipino then you must change your perception towards rich people.....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34
    yes makakabili, pang show off lang $13 per hour lang pala sahod.

that would not be the case if you're the franchise operator's daughter

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    baby come on

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did it ever cross your mind that employers here when you decide to come back with Phil. based experience might not even consider the experience you gained since they can easily tell you, it won't weigh anything to them? most companies here look for people who have "local" experience.

which was what happened to me...btw....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    that has actually crossed my mind and i meant to ask you guys kung may alam kayo sa ganoong situation. thanks for that pare!

Kris

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Might move back to the Philippines...may mga tanong lang