New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What do you want regarding our current political situation?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • GMA to resign

27 29.67%
  • GMA to be impeached

15 16.48%
  • GMA not to resign

43 47.25%
  • Wala lang, you'll just accept whatever happens

6 6.59%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    At this point, I don't want her to resign, because:
    1. I don't want Noli to replace
    2. I don't want a Junta government
    3. The opposition has not offered a good replacement for her.

Then, go to the process of impeachment.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May konting katanungan na rin po with regards to politics. What does the word "gate" have to do with political scandals? I seem to notice that was also used with Nixon (watergate) & Dubya's (coin gate) political woes. Then same goes with our local counterpart with 2 scandals; gloriagate & jueteng gate?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    At this point, I don't want her to resign, because:
    1. I don't want Noli to replace
    2. I don't want a Junta government
    3. The opposition has not offered a good replacement for her.

Then, go to the process of impeachment.
    babalik ka pa rin sa #1 after the impeachment, flawed logic formulation

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    May konting katanungan na rin po with regards to politics. What does the word "gate" have to do with political scandals? I seem to notice that was also used with Nixon (watergate) & Dubya's (coin gate) political woes. Then same goes with our local counterpart with 2 scandals; gloriagate & jueteng gate?

Basically nothing it's only a catch phrase to get attention. As to us using it on our scandal maybe our press people have no imagination or they just love kissing white behind.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    from wikepedia:

The Watergate Hotel is a luxury hotel in northwest Washington, DC best known for being at the site of burglaries that led to the Watergate scandal and the resignation of President Richard Nixon.

ang gloria-garci, may tape na involve so seguro, doon na rin kinuha label, ang jueteng walang tape na involve (as of now) ewan ko rin kung bakit nagkaroon ng gate na suffix...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    After watergate hotel/nixon incident american press decided to use "gate" as a catch phrase to denote political scandal, nothing else.

To us using "gate" is just a mere copycat for not wanting to think for ourselves.

Ot sorry for the double post forgot about the edit button.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    There are 42 MILLION registered Filipino voters in the Philippines, why would Arroyo listen to the calls for her to resign from a "number" of people whose exact number will be hard to determine? THIS IS NOT DUE PROCESS.

How can you say these noisy people are the MAJORITY?

So why would you let these "handful" of noisy people be the one to decide who is the next president? Don't you want your own voice to be heard too? You are still a Filipino, why allow others to decide the fate of this country in your behalf ????

just what mayor osmena of cebu said. its not just manila, meron pa visayas at mindanao...visayas supports GMA.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    And the liberal party, what gives? who really takes 'em seriously? They are as
    liberated as some girls in the bar. Kahit kanino pumapatol. Did you know that
    they supported Erap during his presidential campaign? Tapos they withdrew support Kay Erap nun nagkakaipitan na. Then they supported GMA in 2001 then ngaun
    babaligtad na naman. They really gave true meaning to the word "balimbing".

talk about TRAPO!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    babalik ka pa rin sa #1 after the impeachment, flawed logic formulation
    I think what j_avonni has analyzed is that any impeachment against Arroyo will not win (the opposition has not yet come up with an accusation that is impeachable in nature). So if we do an impeachment trial, we have practiced the constitutional procedure, and the same time Arroyo will still remain President because she will win the impeachment trial. That is why he is going for the impeachment.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    By the way, why are the names of the Tsikoteers visible in this thread's poll survey? Shouldn't poll surveys supposed to be anonymous like a secret balloting?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
[Merged:] Should PGMA resign, impeached or stay in her position?