New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Basta for me,dapat hindi na ginawa ang PP1. It's a failure for na magtanggal ng president tapos ipapalit eh wala masyadong background sa governance. In my opinion,mas maganda pa ang buhay ng tao noon than ngayon. You live in a democratic country nga pero wala naman law and order. Ano pa bang sense? Marcos has been the greatest president for me kasi kahit may controversy marami pa rin siyang naipatayo at nagawa para sa tao..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post

oh yeah (and OT): nagkwentuhan ang barkada and naalala namin na jose rizal wasn't advocating philippine independence. what he wanted was to make us a province of spain, with a filipino representation in the spanish parliament. why? he realized that filipinos are too fragmented and cannot run a country.
    Posible po yun. Bakit? Ang pinakamagandang panahon talaga natin bilang bansa ay nung Commonwealth. Pag alis ng mga Amerikano 1=1 ang peso at dolyar. Maganda ang takbo ng lahat.

Kahit naman po ang karamihan ng pinaka successful na kumpanya dito dayuhan ang nagpapapatakbo. Yung mga tycoon hindi ba po expat na Chinese sila?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundEffex View Post
    Basta for me,dapat hindi na ginawa ang PP1. It's a failure for na magtanggal ng president tapos ipapalit eh wala masyadong background sa governance. In my opinion,mas maganda pa ang buhay ng tao noon than ngayon. You live in a democratic country nga pero wala naman law and order. Ano pa bang sense? Marcos has been the greatest president for me kasi kahit may controversy marami pa rin siyang naipatayo at nagawa para sa tao..
    nice point of view and i'll be perfectly honest na naisip ko na din ito on several occassions. the truth is, mas maganda talaga ang buhay dati. and right now, i am of the belief that crony capitalism actually works (like i said, look at hongkong, singapore and thailand, even russia).

but the issue then (circa 1980's) was freedom. the press was so controlled. anyone who dared mention anything negative about the administration was instantly abducted (without any warrants) and, more often than not, jailed (without due process). andaming political prisoners. andaming dinadampot-dampot na lang basta basta nang walang pakundangan. usong uso ang "salvaging." the prevailing sentiment at the time was freedom and democracy above all.

then again, like i said, we were fed lies. we were made to believe that life would be better. the thing is, we got our democracy back all right, but at what cost? the economy plummeted. the country was in ruins. which is why these events led me to accept that economic progress is pretty near-impossible in a democratic setting and that crony capitalism, in spite of its ugliness, actually works.

now, the issue is economics. are we willing to sacrifice our freedom for economics? parang back to square one tayo niyan a.

punta kayo ng hongkong at singapore. nakakainggit ba sa ganda ang mga bansa nila? ung inggit (o paghanga) na nararamdaman niyo, ay ang siyang inggit at paghanga na nararamdaman ng mga kapit-bansa natin noong dumadalaw sila dati sa pinas. yung mga puno nga sa orchard road ay dinonate lang natin dati sa singapore e.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    nice point of view and i'll be perfectly honest na naisip ko na din ito on several occassions. the truth is, mas maganda talaga ang buhay dati. and right now, i am of the belief that crony capitalism actually works (like i said, look at hongkong, singapore and thailand, even russia).

but the issue then (circa 1980's) was freedom. the press was so controlled. .
    kakatuwa nga yan.ala daw freedom of the press nong time ni macoy, pero tignan naman natin ano nangyayari ngayon sa freedom na nakuha.overstated reports, dimo na nga alam kung alin ang totoo sa mga reports nila e.then dahil sa sobrang freedom, andyan ng ginawang passport yong mga malalaking ID nila sa traffic.parang nawala na nga ang main purpose ng press e, naging plain business na ngayon.what a freedom.

now, the issue is economics. are we willing to sacrifice our freedom for economics? parang back to square one tayo niyan a.
    i would rather have a suppressed press than living on a poor nation.

punta kayo ng hongkong at singapore. nakakainggit ba sa ganda ang mga bansa nila? ung inggit (o paghanga) na nararamdaman niyo, ay ang siyang inggit at paghanga na nararamdaman ng mga kapit-bansa natin noong dumadalaw sila dati sa pinas. yung mga puno nga sa orchard road ay dinonate lang natin dati sa singapore e.
    kawawang pinas.all of this miseries can be attributed to PP1.the two lead persons who are hungry of power should be blamed for this.i still prefer the regime of macoy over the combined regime of tabako, galunggong, erap and pandak.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mas maganda ang buhay noon? Rationing, curfew, padrino, salvage, riot (imbes na rally)? There's a reason why the term 1st quarter STORM was coined ha.And if you think this is bad, when we went from 27/28 USD per peso to 42-43 try going from 5-21 in a similar amount of time -- without OFWs.There would've been even more OFWs then pero iilan lang ang maka-afford sumakay ng eroplano o mag-abroad at all!I was in the US in the late 80s and they had nothing but glowing reports about the country and Apa Ongpin's dad. Pero gulat ko pagdating ko dito pero super jaded mga tao sa taas ng expectation!Pero teka, ilan ba talaga dito ang buhay na nung 70s?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    gasgas ng masyado ang peoples power nayan.the first one gave us fame but the second , third or fourth and so on and so forth, that's too much na.buti nalang yong mga militar dito hindi kasing kitid ng mga nasa china.tignan naman natin nangyari don sa tiananmen square nila,paktay kang intsik ka.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    IMO putting Cory as a figurehead at that time was a bitter pill we have to swallow.

The country needs to rally around someone, and at that time, Cory was the only "cleanest" choice. Who are you gonna put there at that time, Doy Laurel? Damn that's like shooting our selves in the foot again.

The guardians of democracy during those times (Lorenzo Tanada et al.) cannot be considered catalyst during those situations, the only choice was Cory, it's a stupid choice, but its what common sense dictates during those days and during those situation.

IMO we would be in a more unpleasant situation now if Enrile and Ramos decided to go against putting Cory as the Head of State and kept the powers between themselves.

Sad part of Cory's Goverment was when her inner circle included "leftist" officials, she was constantly threatened with coups from the right. Kaya malaking utang ng loob kay Ramos. However, Cory's Legacy left us with poorly concieved constitution. This protectionist constitution has hobbled our economy and does not define several issues including political dynasties.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Sad part of Cory's Goverment was when her inner circle included "leftist" officials, she was constantly threatened with coups from the right. Kaya malaking utang ng loob kay Ramos. However, Cory's Legacy left us with poorly concieved constitution. This protectionist constitution has hobbled our economy and does not define several issues including political dynasties.
    I know.

What I was trying to point out was that Cory and Enrile/Ramos was the only available option the country had during those times. It's either we have a housewife for a president that the people (at that time) trust and rally around to or we will have a military junta.

To be honest with you, personally I would have opted for a junta/transition government, but that's just my personal preference.

Enrile/Ramos will not hand over the power to somebody that the people will not rally around to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Mauulit pa po kaya ang "People's Power"?