The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ah yes, taxes...forgot about that.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    *Jun- The Geo Metro tops out at 85mph maybe a bit more if going downhill and that's with the engine screaming at the top of it's lungs. I was lucky to have owned it in Guam and not the mainland so I didn't have to deal with the scare, but I wouldn't want to drive anything with less than 60hp again on any road much less an interstate. I remember driving it and thinking that a Miata looked big, until I got in my other car and saw the Miata from that point of view. Not many cars you can drive can make a Miata look big.
    Well, I was drunk that night. But, we were passing cars left and right. Our driver was trying to get us home quickly because the guy sitting shotgun said he was ready to take a dump on the seat. From what we can smell at the back, he wasn't kidding. That's why we were egging the driver to go faster.

Years before the above, I had a 1986 Nissan Pulsar NX for 4 years. It had only 55 hp. But during those 4 years, I drove that thing repeatedly between Reno and Oklahoma City. 19 hours straight (55-70 mph) with stops just for gas and bathroom breaks....... no cruise control and no A/C. I was a young man still struggling back then.

Gas mileage was pretty good. I think it was in the region of upper 30's to low 40's mpg. It's no drag racer for sure. But, it can do 105 mph.

DING! DING! DING! That's what it was. I was confusing the Metro with the Pulsar. The Pulsar also had me and 3 other guys when it did 105 mph. 2 different situations with 2 different cars.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 26th, 2008 at 09:30 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
matibay din pinoy motorists