New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    masibak na kaya si torres nyan? ... para umayos na LTO

maganda siguro i-absorb na ng LTO ang Stradcom ... para hindi na maging hostage ang database

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Malabo masibak si torres nyan. Parang inabswelto na sya ng president nyo e.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    masibak na kaya si torres nyan? ... para umayos na LTO

maganda siguro i-absorb na ng LTO ang Stradcom ... para hindi na maging hostage ang database

The president was very vocal about Mar having the privilege to pick the people that would operate under him....So unless the president gave direct instructions to retain the shooting buddy, I see no reason for torres to stay in LTO with all the negative issues around her...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think she's back....

Magaling nga sigurong mag-shoot iyan...

Noy
    Noy’s shooting buddy Torres back at LTO

By Aytch S de la Cruz
    The Daily Tribune

From all indications, President Aquino appears to prefer retaining Land Transportation Office (LTO) Chairman Virginia Torres over his Department of Transportation and Communications (DoTC) Secretary Jose “Ping” de Jesus, as the latter is out and Torres, his subordinate, is definitely in and ready to take up her position again.

Aquino has earned the reputation of coddling and protecting his friends and target shooting buddies as well as his classmates, many of whom he has appointed to high government positions.

Torres is set to return to government service soon after taking a two-month leave due to her 60-day suspension while an investigation was supposed to have been conducted.

To this day, however, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima has not furnished the public through the media the results of the investigation, and no charges — not even administration sanctions — have been filed.

Torres was suspended following her raid of the Stradcom offices, along with a faction of the LTO she favored.

The raid was caught on video, and clearly, she had no authority to raid the Stradcom offices.

Malacañang confirmed yesterday that Torres will be back at her post.

Deputy presidential spokesman Abigail Valte, however, was not able to give the exact date of Torres’ impending return at the LTO but said she is expected to be back by the second or third week of this month, counting from the time she filed her leave of absence.

Torres, who is said to be one of Aquino’s target shooting buddy and fellow gun enthusiast whom he had appointed as LTO chief, was said to be among the reasons behind DoTC’s De Jesus’ surprising resignation last Monday.

Torres used to man the Tarlac LTO but was made chief of LTO nationwide by Aquino.

She was also alleged to have been involved in the the “hot-car” illegal registration while she was the LTO Tarlac chief, although she has denied it.

De Jesus and officials from Malacañang have already denied that Torres’ return had something to do with the former’s sudden decision to quit his post but the speculations haven’t died down, especially with several sources in the DoTC already confirming that Aquino’s failure to fire Torres, as De Jesus wanted in the first place.

Malacañang appealed to the media put all the side issues to rest while claiming that Aquino is paying equal attention to DoTC since it is among the key government agencies attending to the public-private partnership programs of the administration.

“I think we should really leave it at that because it is not getting productive to speculate or to put out stories on why he (De Jesus) resigned. Secretary De Jesus had already stated that it’s his wish to return to the private sector,” Valte told the state-run radio dzRB.

Meanwhile, Valte assumed that the morale of the employees working for the DoTC is still high despite the courtesy resignations tendered by three of its key officials to make way for the new leadership at the said agency, days after De Jesus’ exit was made public.

“I wouldn’t be in the position to say (something about the morale) but I suppose also there are (already people) waiting from the ranks, our fellows from the DoTC with regard to the replacement of Secretary Ping de Jesus and I would think the transition phase is already moving toward the next set of appointees,” Valte said.

Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio “Sonny” Coloma, on the other hand, who was reportedly included in Aquino’s shortlist as a possible successor to De Jesus at the DoTC, merely issued a text message when sought for his comment regarding this matter.

“My focus is on my current assignment as PCOO Secretary. Let’s wait for the President’s decision on this matter,” said Coloma in a text message. He used to serve as DoTC Undersecretary during the administration of former President Fidel V. Ramos.

Valte reiterated presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda’s statement the other day, showing no surprise over the announcement of DoTC undersecretaries Dante Velasco, Glicerio Sicat, and Ruben Reinoso that they will also leave their respective positions by the end of the month.

DoTC Assistant secretary Racquel Desiderio “asked to be relieved from the LTO (Land Transportation Office) starting June 1,” while another senior official, Undersecretary Aristotle Batuhan, is also leaving, according to Velasco.

“I think in the case of the (resignation of the DoTC) undersecretaries and an assistant secretary, those are expected. We no longer were surprised by it because we all know that the Cabinet Secretaries were given leg rooms, so to speak, to form their teams,” explained Valte.

“The DoTC team (right now) was formed by Secretary De Jesus, so it is but natural for them to tender their resignations in order to give the incoming (DoTC) Secretary a free hand (in choosing his staff members),” she added.
    13.4K:stereo:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    “Doesn’t take a lot of beer to cause a lot of trouble” :starwars:
    “You are because of the choices you made”

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just wait, tingnan natin kung sino mas malakas kay Pnoy between Torres and Roxas...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    eh kaso di rin ata magtatagal itong si mr. palengke sa dotc. balak tumakbo uling senador sa 2013 eh......

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Presidente pa rin ang pangarap niyan, bro....

13.4K:stereo:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    “Doesn’t take a lot of beer to cause a lot of trouble” :starwars:
    “You are because of the choices you made”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mar Roxas accepts DOTC post...