The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    😂

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4-6 hours lang layo ng Chicago to Kentucky sana nag hire na lang Sila ng van to drive their employees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The drop in share price (albeit temporarily), is worth way more than $800.

But on the long term, the reality is that 4 airlines control all domestic US flights, United being one of them, so they aren't going to suffer with their bottomline. In a local perspective, even if Ceb Pac dragged someone off the flight, people won't suddenly shift to PAL because they can't afford it, or because PAL doesn't serve their route.

Nonetheless, what's wrong with voicing out disagreement when something wrong is done? Porket walang impact papabayaan mo nalang?

That kind of mentality is also the reason why our government officials get away with impunity, because people just let it be.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    If that was my lolo... i would kill a fly

my 80yo lolo wouldve agreed peacefully with the deplane.

but no, only that crazy passenger was defiant. his action led to his head hitting that metal arm rest.

my plane my rules. in this case it went overboard.. like i said

unfortunately the social media has again created an impact..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    If that was my lolo... i would kill a fly

my 80yo lolo wouldve agreed peacefully with the deplane.

but no, only that crazy passenger was defiant. his action led to his head hitting that metal arm rest.
    The doctor probably had a compelling reason to reject $800. As the reports say, he also needed to be in Louisville. Put yourself in his shoes, say a loved one died and the burial was tomorrow and you'd miss it if your flight got moved. I'd have been as defiant especially as I paid for my ticket and have just as much right to be on that plane as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    my plane my rules. in this case it went overboard.. like i said

unfortunately the social media has again created an impact..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Good thing you don't own an airline.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    $800 voucher for your next ticket. Thanks but no thanks. Gawin nilang US$2k cash! Sigurado Marami mag volunteer. Almost 24 hrs and next flight nob

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I generally have the same appreciation of the situation as this lawyer.

fb_img_14919521246111-.jpg

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    $800 voucher for your next ticket. Thanks but no thanks. Gawin nilang US$2k cash! Sigurado Marami mag volunteer. Almost 24 hrs and next flight nob

Federal law limits maximum bumpoff pay at $1,350.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Federal law limits maximum bumpoff pay at $1,350.

Yup, Capped nila. Pero airlines still has prerogative to give more. I don't know if that's max is for cash pay or in terms of voucher or combination. United can mix match to come up with more than amount. And bump off means passengrs still not seated in plane. From what I understand and I might be wrong bumping off should be done while checking in or the most waiting for boarding.

Last edited by shadow; April 12th, 2017 at 01:43 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I think it could have been dealt with in a much better way. Why wait for everyone to board and offer $800, when they could've offered a lot more on the ground, or bumped off the person on the ground.

If that person didn't want to go, then move on to the next selected passenger and bump up the offer. The next person could have been less defiant and more accepting of the situation.

regarding stock prices and market value, unfortunately in the long term no one really cares, stock may swing wildly after such events but airlines are in the sort of situation where no one is really happy to begin with and it takes a whole lot to impress a passenger. It is still about seat sales and utilization at the end of the day. A quick look at Cebu Pac's stock price on dec 2014 and jan 2015 showed that immediately after the dip due to the holiday delays and cancellation, their stock went up considerably. I remember public sentiment back then was very negative, but still.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ganyan ung sigaw pag nagkakatay kami ng baboy..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast