Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anybody have read this? Maguindanao massacre

Grabe

Some backgrounder

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It's a simple "UBUSAN NG LAHI" sa mga Muslim clans pag nag-aaway.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quite frightening that such a thing can still happen in this day and age. I doubt any justice will be given though. Madadaan lang iyan through political patronage since the alledged leader is a known ally of GMA. Ma-forget na ito by next year like everthing else in this country...

Datu Andal Ampatuan has been elected governor of Maguindanao three times previously, always unopposed, although he resigned earlier this year, apparently to circumvent term limits on elected officials.

Of the 22 mayors in his province, most are sons, grandsons or other relatives.

Two of Ampatuan’s sons have been killed in violence linked to clan wars.

Ampatuan has told reporters that people did not run against him or his family members in elections because they had little chance of winning.

“It’s because of popular support,” he said. “Because I am so loved by the constituencies of the municipalities, they ask me to have my sons as representatives.”

Ms Arroyo has called Ampatuan a valuable ally in the past. In the 2004 presidential elections, she won most of the votes in Maguindanao. In one town, her rivals did not get even a single vote.
    Last edited by Monseratto; November 24th, 2009 at 10:50 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tiquico View Post
    It's a simple "UBUSAN NG LAHI" sa mga Muslim clans pag nag-aaway.
    It might be "simple" to them but to a lot of people, it ain't.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    perhaps this is why they want mindanao as an autonomous state. . .
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Listening to the radio, the goverment officials there doesn't want to touch the case, especially the police. Apparently the place is a hot potato, even GMA doesn't want to categorically condemn the Ampatuan.

In Maguindanao, no one dares cross the Ampatuans
    Last edited by Monseratto; November 24th, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009

I heard about this yesterday- over the radio and the internet. Just waiting somebody to post here.

This massacare dwarfed the record of Marcos-era "killings". Barbaric and uncivilized (muslim) people.

And I doubt the military (AFP or Alms Forces) can handle this.
    Last edited by KERSMcRae; November 24th, 2009 at 11:41 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    lakas pala ng kapit sa palasyo.... tsk. tsk. tsk. pakialaman kaya yan ng international community? maghugas kamay kaya si pandak?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Reminds me of the movie Black Hawk Down, warlords, militias, clans killing each other

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUJ6cxWdZwA"]YouTube- Black Hawk Down Trailer[/ame]

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Yan ang BATAS!!! Mga walang kunsensya...kawawa naman yung mga tao na naghahanap buhay, Maka pang corrupt lang papatayin kahit sino

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
Maguindanao Massacre