New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Eto, kahit pa mag-pururot itong si FG, talagang tuloy na siya. Walang eme-emergency landing. Diretso Tate.......

PhilStar.com
    Nov.29, 2008

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=68

MANILA - Speaker Prospero Nograles and several congressmen are flying to Las Vegas next week to watch the Manny Pacquiao-Oscar de la Hoya boxing match on Dec. 6.

“Every fight of the champ from Mindanao, I really watched all through the years, whatever position I had in the House,” Nograles, who is from Davao City, said in a text message to The STAR.

“That’s public knowledge and you know that also,” he said.

“I will travel with my wife. It’s her birthday and we will celebrate there on December 6,” he said.

He said he will leave after the House votes on the decision of the committee on justice to dismiss this year’s impeachment case against President Arroyo.

“Can’t leave ’till this is over,” he said.

Nograles pointed out that he and his wife are traveling on “our own personal expense.”

The House is expected to take up the justice panel’s report on Tuesday.

Responding to a question, Nograles said he did not know who among his colleagues are flying to Las Vegas.

Radio dzRH reported yesterday morning that no fewer than 20 House members and some senators are going to watch the Pacquiao-De la Hoya slugfest in Las Vegas.

This is in addition to Cabinet members and other officials like governors and mayors.

Environment Secretary Lito Atienza yesterday said he still has to seek permission from President Arroyo to watch the Pacquiao-De la Hoya match.

Atienza maintained his belief that Pacquiao will win this boxing match even when the Filipino boxing champion is being considered an underdog in the bout.

“I think Manny Pacquiao will win… His training is excellent, and he is in excellent condition,” he said.

Interior and Local Government Secretary Ronaldo Puno was earlier reported to have plans attending the fight but DILG assistant secretary for public affairs Bryan Yamsuan said there is no truth to the report.

Scores of officials and Pacquiao friends have watched his previous fights, including Atienza, former Ilocos Sur governor Luis Singson, First Gentleman Jose Miguel Arroyo and his brother, Negros Occidental Rep. Jose Ignacio Arroyo, and Bacolod City Rep. Monico Puentevella.

Last Wednesday, shortly after the House committee on justice voted to dismiss the impeachment complaint against President Arroyo, Rep. Teofisto Guingona III accused Mrs. Arroyo’s allies of railroading the case.

“You rushed judgment on the case so you can dismiss it in plenary next Tuesday. The following day, Wednesday, you are flying to the United States, where you will party and celebrate and watch the Pacquiao fight,” he said.

“After the celebration, you will focus on Cha-cha (Charter change), which aims to lengthen Mrs. Arroyo’s stay in office beyond 2010,” Guingona said. –Jess Diaz, Katherine Adraneda, which aims to lengthen Mrs. Arroyo’s stay in office beyond 2010,” Guingona said. –Jess Diaz, Katherine Adraneda, Cecille Suerte Felipe

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Personal expense? Natural pag nakabig mo na ang pork barrel papunta sa personal bank account mo personal mong pera na yun...So ganun din yun..nagmalinis pa

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    baka mamalasin pa si manny sa mga yan

Lawmakers, Officilas, Get Ready for Pacquiao - Dela Hoya Fight