New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

[SIZE="3"]Jail warden bares plot to free Ampatuans[/SIZE]

AIE BALAGTAS SEE, GMANews.TV
    05/01/2010 | 02:13 AM

A jail warden on Friday bared an alleged plot to free the detained members of the powerful Ampatuan clan who have been implicated in the killing of 57 people in Maguindanao last November.

In an exclusive interview with GMA News' Susan Enriquez, Supt. Clemen Laboy claimed to have received two text messages from a colleague recruiting him to join the plot to spring the Ampatuans from their detention cell in Camp Bagong Diwa in Bicutan in Taguig City.

Had he decided to join, Laboy said, he and his colleague would have split the payment of P50 million pesos between the two of them.

The first text message read: "Bahala ka Edoy kung sasama ka basta tinanggap ko na ang down payment P10 million. Text back to confirm kung sasama ka ok? (It’s up to you Edoy if you want in. In any case I already got the P10 million down payment. Text back to confirm if you are joining, ok?)"

It was followed by another text message which said: "Kinausap nga ako ni mayor P50 million daw ha ano i-set up ko na ha? Sama ka Edoy tig-P25 million tayo text back if ok. (The mayor talked to me, he says it’s P50 million. How about it, shall I set it up? Hop in Edoy we’ll have P25 million each. Text back if ok.)"

Six members of the Ampatuan family are currently detained in the Bicutan facility on charges of multiple murder, namely: clan patriarch Andal Ampatuan Sr., prime suspect Andal Jr., suspended Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) governor Zaldy, and clan members Sajid, Anwar and Akmad.

Andal Sr. and Andal Jr.'s legal counsel Sigfrid Fortun for his part said it was impossible for the family to carry out such escape plans.

In a text message to GMA News, Fortun said his clients "have absolutely no intention of going anywhere until the case is over."

"Impossible… Andal Sr. is sickly [while] Andal Jr. wants to clear his name," Fortun said. "People should stop speculating and remember instead that both accused continue to have rights under the Constitution. They are not convicted felons," he added.

Relieved

Meanwhile, the two jail officer who were on duty last Thursday when the alleged plot was discovered have been relieved as part of the precautionary measure," said Laboy.

Authorities have likewise beefed up their security measures, reshuffled the jail guards “to avoid familiarization with the Ampatuans," and limited the number of visitors in Camp Bagong Diwa while the investigation is still going on.

for sure naman e pinapalaya naman yan paminsan minsan!

same with trillanes

same with erap

yan ang bulok na sistema sa atin

Jail warden bares plot to free Ampatuans