Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 404 of 422 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Actually, sya nga. Even after that, he's still at his old antics pa rin.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    ^ Not surprising. Midas Marquez has been more of a mouthpiece for ex-CJ Corona than for the Supreme Court. It remains to be seen if he'll remain as Supreme Court Administrator once a new CJ is appointed.
    COURT AD pa din yan...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Non-declaration of dollar accounts in the SALN is too shallow a reason to convict the highest magistrate of the land.

The reason given by the Senators who gave a guilty verdict is very untenable in law and in reason.

First, they said that the Foreign Currency Deposit Act is repugnant to the Constitution. OMG. They are the ones who crafted the law and now they are saying that it is unconstitutional? This should be a wake-up call for us to re-evaluate the senators that we elect in the Senate. Kahiya-hiya sila sa mga taong may pinag-aralan. Kahiya-hiya sila sa mundo. Kahiya-hiya sila sa kasaysayan.

Second, why do these Senators interpret the law? Is it not that the job to interpret the law is lodge by the Constitution with the Judiciary? If they interpreted the law in the sense that Filipino public officials are exempted from the Foreign Currency Deposit Act, then they should have done so when they crafted the law itself. If it were so, such interpretation must have a prospective application. It is unfair to apply such interpretation to a man who has relied in good faith in the law that Congress has passed. If at all, Congress should be blamed for they are not doing their job well.

Third, if CJ Corona's intention was really to hide his dollar accounts, as many of the congressmen do, why would he place all his accounts under his name? He should have named them after somebody else's name.

Fourth, the law provides that the SALN can be corrected. If it can be corrected then the law does not intend it to be heinous or grave as any other impeachable offenses enumerated by the Constitution.

Fifth, what is the standard of proof used by the Senators in arriving at their decisions? Their personal opinions, public opinions, opinion of the one in power? An impeachment trial is a quasi-judicial/quasi-political proceedings. It uses standard by which they evaluate the evidence presented to them. In our case, the senate used the Rules of Court in supletory effect. How come they based their decisions on non-disclosure of dollar accounts onn an AMLAC Report which is nothing but hearsay evidence.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    The bill of rights stands supreme over all powers of the government including the power to impeach. And no where is this precept more apposite than in this case where the government has mustered all resources at its disposal NOT ONLY TO SECURE EVIDENCE AGAINST THE CHIEF JUSTICE BUT FURTHER TO ENSURE HIS CONVICTION. - Senator BONG BONG MARCOS

PNOY CAN DO THIS TO THE CJ, HE CAN DO THIS BEYOND DOUBT TO AN ORDINARY FILIPINO AND TO ANYONE ELSE WHO STANDS CONTRARY TO HIS WHIMS AND CAPRICES.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    to my fellow tsikoteers.... ur beloved country just passed through a historic phase in what may be reckoned as a difficult test to our democratic processes and our character as a nation. For the first time, a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court was impeached and put on trial where, as in this age, was viewed by the whole world. Being adjudged guilty (20-3) by the Senator Judges, will our country surge forward from HEREON? Or shall it be the REVERSE? For in its wake, P-noy will appoint a replacement who is more likely, more friendly to him than his predecessor. For who will appoint someone who would oppose the appointing officer? When that happens, I'm afraid that the unmarried, childless and never-been-poor P-noy will eventually yield a monopoly of power at his disposal. I am starting to cringe, not because I'm afraid (I am secured with the Lord Jesus), but because the real and present danger of darkness may start to creep in our dear Homeland that will affect our children. Oh yes, as they say, "dura lex, sed lex" or the law is hard, but it is the law, and we ought to follow it. But the Scriptures say, the letter of the law kills, but the Spirit gives grace. By taking out the Chief Justice, they thought they have done this country service. No sir!! The lawmakers should have borne this in their minds, there is more to the law than just following it blindly. He may have committed a fault, but don't negate his vital role in maintaining the balance of power this side of heaven. No one dumps an EXCELLENT CAR JUST BECAUSE THERE IS A LITTLE DENT ON ITS FENDER. To see the entire picture is a whole lot better to appreciate than to look at one detail. This is just a piece of my mind. I apologize if I may have offended anyone (about 84% of the members here at tsikot) who comes across to read this...

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    The start of a kangaroo court is about to begin. Tie a yellow ribbon now and welcome the Supreme Yellow Court
    Time is running against the CONJUANCOS.
    SC must work overtime to reverse the decisions against them.
    So seat back and relax. This is what the "majority" wants, let's give them what they want. Let us see where their beliefs will take them... GOOD LUCK FELLOW TSIKOTEERS.....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    :popcorn: :pepsi:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    seat back & relax......
    welcome to tsikot, jacoby!
    Last edited by chua_riwap; May 30th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    just talked to one of the lawyers of the prosecution

aba, pinagyayabang pa ang picture with pnoy sa malacanang

mukhang time to share in the spoils of victory na, i.e. juicy government appointments/contracts

sabi ko nalang sa kanya, ingat ka lang sa SALN mo

:naughty2:

Impeachment against CJ Corona..