Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 352 of 422 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I think wala naman nagawa ung defense sa closing arguments na makakapagsway sa votes ng mga bobotong iconvict si Corona. Mas maganda naging closing argument ng Prosecution. And even SP Enrile I think is leaning towards convicting CJ Corona. The only way na hindi macoconvict si Corona is not because the sen-judge would for him to be acquited but sa dami ng mag aabstain. And yun na yun. It's either convict or maraming abstain.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Unfortunately for Mirian, there is already a precedent in which people choosing "favorable interpretations" to get out of registering assets to the SALN got removed from office. So there is a precedent.
    Yes. The court interpreter, the BIR official, etc.

The point is... if you do not want your finances to get scrutinized, do not join government.

FDCL vs SALN Law. Ano mas matimbang. IMO, once you are a public official you're bound to show all your financial dealings.

Remove him from office. Walang moral ascendancy na. If CJ won, then its high heavens for corrupt public officials.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    And I think the powerpoint presented by Farinas sealed the deal for the Prosec.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What is cupal, este culpa?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Culpa- Noun. Latin for fault, blame or guilt.

Cupal - Noun. English for kopal?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ombudswoman morales set the tone for this impeachment..her "mea culpa"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ombudswoman morales set the tone for this impeachment..her "mea culpa"
    ano naman yung mea culpa?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A chief justice that makes palusot...

'Corona not 'morally fit' to be Chief Justice'

As the impeachment case comes to a close, the prosecution team reiterated that Chief Justice Renato Corona does not deserve to be the country's top magistrate.

The prosecution team asserted in its closing statement that Chief Justice Renato Corona is not “morally fit” to serve.

“Is Corona morally fit to remain as chief justice of the Supreme Court? The damning revelations go to the very core. Pagkatao ang pinaguusapan natin dito,” lead prosecutor Iloilo Rep. Niel Tupas Jr. said.

Tupas said the prosecution has presented evidence that “cast doubt on the moral fitness of the chief justice,” proving that Corona lied about his statements of assets, liabilities and net worth “to conceal his wealth.”

He noted that Corona himself admitted that he owns peso and dollar accounts which he did not declare in his SALN.

But Corona justified his non-disclosure of dollar accounts by citing the banking secrecy and foreign currency deposit units (FCDU) laws, which Tupas said is unacceptable.

“This interpretation of the law is very disturbing. There is no conflict between the constitutional requirement of SALN and the FCDU Act.

SALN requires all government employees to declare assets. It makes no distinction between peso and dollar,” Tupas said.

The prosecutor said Corona should be judged by the "highest standards” as what he did is of “highest order.”

“The House of Representatives took the first step to fulfill our oath that we are the keeper of our people's trust. It is now up to the senator-judges to take the final step to restore the greatness that we have lost.

The people are hopeful. Let us make it right. Let's decide in favor of truth. Let us be done with Chief Justice Corona,” Tupas said.
    source: 'Corona not 'morally fit' to be Chief Justice' - Yahoo! News Philippines

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    "My fault" or "My mistake"

Si Pandak, "I am sorry" ang sinabi...di niya daw kasi alam i-pronounce yung mea culpa, hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    my fault

short short

Impeachment against CJ Corona..