New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



View Poll Results: Senate's verdict on CJ

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

    58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

    9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

    2 2.90%
Page 261 of 421 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 4205
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    26,770
    #2601
    Enrile: Classic case of wrong survey is the Man on the cross

    By Cynthia D. Balana, Marlon Ramos, TJ Burgonio
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    1:24 am | Wednesday, March 21st, 2012

    The cold facts of evidence, not poll surveys, will decide the fate of impeached Chief Justice Renato Corona come judgment day, senator-judges said Tuesday.

    Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile and his colleagues belittled the effect of surveys on their final decision to convict or acquit the Chief Justice, after a Pulse Asia survey showed that close to half of the respondents believed he was guilty.

    “I will look at the evidence,” Enrile told reporters. “If we use surveys to convict or not to convict a person charged in courts, then we do not need the courts. All we have to do is conduct surveys whenever somebody is charged.”
    Enrile recalled that one senator voted in favor of then impeached US President Andrew Johnson in the 1860s, and was “destroyed by public opinion, but in the end, was vindicated.”

    “The voting was almost even and one senator voted in his favor to save him. This guy was destroyed by public opinion but later on it turned out that he was correct,” he said.

    Enrile was referring to US Sen. Edmund Ross who provided the decisive vote that acquitted Johnson, who was impeached over his reconstruction policy.

    Administer justice
    Enrile said he was not preoccupying himself with surveys because the job of the impeachment court was to administer justice.

    “We are administering justice here and the classic case of a survey that was wrong is the man on the cross… He was judged by a survey and until now people are worshiping him,” he said of Jesus Christ.

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,872
    #2602
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Enrile: Classic case of wrong survey is the Man on the cross

    By Cynthia D. Balana, Marlon Ramos, TJ Burgonio
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    1:24 am | Wednesday, March 21st, 2012

    The cold facts of evidence, not poll surveys, will decide the fate of impeached Chief Justice Renato Corona come judgment day, senator-judges said Tuesday.

    Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile and his colleagues belittled the effect of surveys on their final decision to convict or acquit the Chief Justice, after a Pulse Asia survey showed that close to half of the respondents believed he was guilty.

    “I will look at the evidence,” Enrile told reporters. “If we use surveys to convict or not to convict a person charged in courts, then we do not need the courts. All we have to do is conduct surveys whenever somebody is charged.”
    Enrile recalled that one senator voted in favor of then impeached US President Andrew Johnson in the 1860s, and was “destroyed by public opinion, but in the end, was vindicated.”

    “The voting was almost even and one senator voted in his favor to save him. This guy was destroyed by public opinion but later on it turned out that he was correct,” he said.

    Enrile was referring to US Sen. Edmund Ross who provided the decisive vote that acquitted Johnson, who was impeached over his reconstruction policy.

    Administer justice
    Enrile said he was not preoccupying himself with surveys because the job of the impeachment court was to administer justice.

    “We are administering justice here and the classic case of a survey that was wrong is the man on the cross… He was judged by a survey and until now people are worshiping him,” he said of Jesus Christ.
    Wow. So, Enrile is likening Corona to Jesus Christ?!?

    If that's the case, let's just have every bible waving, scripture-quoting priest, reverend, pastor or bishop conduct the impeachment and sit as judges. Memo to JPE, if you want to compare Corona to Christ, just be sure he's actually nailed to a cross first. The allegorical similarities would be much closer.
    Last edited by Altis6453; March 22nd, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #2603
    Read between the lines:

    Jesus was unfairly condemned by public opinion.

    The INC unfairly declares Jesus to be a prophet, not a deity.

    Corona is supported by the INC.

    Enrile will vote for conviction.

    -

    Pero he's right. Surveys are meaningless. They even said in the reports on the surveys that most people said they weren't watching the trial. What worth is their opinion if they're not informed? What should be worrying for Noynoy is that only 43% think he's guilty. Despite their media blitz, and all the accusations regarding the PGMA TRO, despite many people thinking PGMA and Mikey Arroyo are guilty as sin, not everyone is convinced Corona is complicit in her misdoings.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    21,346
    #2604
    after the voting by the judges....iya-announce ba sa court kung sinong senator-judges ang nag-vote for conviction or kung sino ang for acquittal?

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,872
    #2605
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    after the voting by the judges....iya-announce ba sa court kung sinong senator-judges ang nag-vote for conviction or kung sino ang for acquittal?
    Rule XXI, Par. 2 of Senate Resolution No. 9, adopting the Rules of Procedure on Impeachment Trials prescribes that each senators shall be called to vote or answer "guilty" or "not guilty" when asked by the Presiding Officer on each article of impeachment. The senator may explain his vote for not more than 2 minutes.

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    144
    #2606
    talaga.. each article sila mag vote.

    hindi yong.. isang vote lang kung "guilty" or "Not Guilty"

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    26,770
    #2607
    per article naman talaga ang botohan.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,423
    #2608
    and i think isang article lang ma-prove na guilty siya impeached na agad siya

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,476
    #2609
    surveys are important to politicians

    and since the impeachment proceedings is in reality a purely political one, expect these politicians to vote where the public sentiment lies

    mas importante sa mga politiko na ito ang imahen nila sa publiko kesa hustisya or katarungan


  10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,221
    #2610
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    surveys are important to politicians

    and since the impeachment proceedings is in reality a purely political one, expect these politicians to vote where the public sentiment lies

    mas importante sa mga politiko na ito ang imahen nila sa publiko kesa hustisya or katarungan

    yep and they can always say later na nagkamali sila just in case mali ng decision nila or vice versa.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..