Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 399 of 422 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus
    At long last, it's finally over!

One of the things I'm really happy about is I don't get to see Atty. Jose Roy's face anymore...ilang araw na ring sumasakit ang mata ko everytime the camera pans to his mug...I need to look at Atty. Karen Jimeno before I go to sleep otherwise I'd be having nightmares...mahirap yatang matulog na mukha ni Atty. Roy ang huli mong nakita, hehehe

Isn't it against the law to have a face like that???
    Hmmm... Illegal Possession of Ugly Face? Anong RA nga uli yun?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Teditorial: I Told You So - ANC <- a good read.

For me, I want a Guilty decision, with all the strings attached.
    1. All of them Sign waivers
    2. All of them investigated
    3. All of them submit to the same rule they did to Corona
    4. All guilty parties charged equally and removed from office.
    Sure ball, walang matitira. :D Except siguro...artista?

Para kasing, sige, Guilty ka Corona. IKAW LNG. Wag mo kami idamay jan. :D
    Last edited by istan; May 30th, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    panday, lipat ka na kay nognog.......

Arroyo disappointed with Revilla

Arroyo disappointed with Revilla’s guilty vote – Suarez

MANILA, Philippines – Minority Leader Danilo Suarez said former President Gloria Macapagal-Aquino was disappointed Tuesday with Senator Ramon Revilla Jr. for voting to convict her appointee, Chief Justice Renato Corona.
    Suarez told reporters that Revilla had informed top officials Lakas Christian Muslim Democrats of his vote as early as Monday night after the prosecution and defense made their closing arguments.
    “He (Revilla) told us it was a personal decision and that it should not be taken as a party matter,” said Suarez. Revilla is president and vice chair of Lakas-CMD.
    “We informed the former president of [Revilla’s] decision and she was disappointed,” Suarez said.
    A congressional source said that Revilla had decided to go with the “emerging majority vote” in the Senate because there was not enough senators to acquit him.
    Suarez said that he was leaving Arroyo’s fate to the “heavens” with Corona’s conviction.
    “We all saw how the government used its resources to kick out the Chief Justice. I think (she) is helpless with all the resources of the state at the President’s disposal. I still believe in the President’s honesty and I hope he will give everybody a fair shake, including going after his own people who are also corrupt,” said Suarez.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    Corona has only himself to blame. If he just refused his midnight appointment as CJ, the public would have been blissfully unaware of his enormous cash deposits
    He had no choice. He was there to protect former president GMA and help her keep as much power in her control for as long as possible.

Although I am curious, what kind of hold really did GMA have on Corona to make him go through all that hell in the first place? He would have known his position would not have survived with PNoy going after him with all legal guns blazing.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    At long last, it's finally over!

One of the things I'm really happy about is I don't get to see Atty. Jose Roy's face anymore...ilang araw na ring sumasakit ang mata ko everytime the camera pans to his mug...I need to look at Atty. Karen Jimeno before I go to sleep otherwise I'd be having nightmares...mahirap yatang matulog na mukha ni Atty. Roy ang huli mong nakita, hehehe

Isn't it against the law to have a face like that???
    wag ka ganyan.
    nag-iisang fil-australian aborigine sa phl yan.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    So wala na si corona..go for the kill na sa final boss...GMA

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    wag ka ganyan.
    nag-iisang fil-australian aborigine sa phl yan.

MOM of Atty. Roy

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Midas should seek refuge.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    paktay na si corona.
    malamang tumira na sa ospital nang tuluyan at ibalik pa sa icu.

reresbakan siya ng bir, tax evasion. ill-gotten wealth naman sa sandiganbayan.
    kala nya lusot na siya........

magiging busy pa rin si cuevas.

Tax, wealth raps eyed vs Corona - The Philippine Star » News » Headlines

Tax, wealth raps eyed vs Corona

MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Internal Revenue has started gathering information on the dollar accounts of ousted Chief Justice Renato Corona as part of an investigation into his possible tax evasion, BIR Commissioner Kim Henares said yesterday.

With his conviction by the Senate impeachment court, Corona may also have to face ill-gotten wealth charges before the Sandiganbayan.

“We can use that to see if there are taxes that have not been paid,” Henares said, referring to the waiver signed last Friday by Corona on his dollar accounts.

Henares said an examination of Corona’s dollar accounts would greatly help in the investigation.

She said the dollar deposits would help the BIR ascertain if Corona had correctly declared his taxable income or if his wealth is proportionate to his income.

Corona claimed that he held only $2.4 million in dollar deposits and P80 million in peso deposits.

He also admitted to not declaring this in his statements of assets, liabilities and net worth (SALNs), citing absolute confidentiality provided for under the Foreign Currency Deposit Act.

However, a 17-page report from the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC) presented by Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales before the impeachment court showed that Corona withdrew at least $3.25 million on Dec. 12, 2011 or the day he was impeached.

More withdrawals were made up to Dec. 22, 2011.

Earlier, Morales said the criminal cases filed with the Office of the Ombudsman against Corona are still active. She had been vocal about her wish for Corona’s conviction.

“Now he has to face additional charges before the Office of the Ombudsman for ill-gotten wealth,” a highly placed source said.

The anti-graft agency, as it did in the past in the case of the fertilizer fund scam and the national broadband network (NBN) deal anomaly, is expected to secure a copy of the Senate’s decision along with other documents and evidence used against Corona. With Michael Punongbayan

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor View Post
    ang hirap kasi sa sobra galing ni corona malamang wala sila naging pag uusap ng depensa nya kasi tiiwala sya na kaya nya KASO hindi nahimay at natahi ang mga sinabi nya kahit panay babala si JPE na maaaring ikapahamak nya yun.

ayun na nga ang nangyari sa kanya bumalik...galing din ng pagkakapaliwanag ni farinas...sa speech nya kahapon salitang ilokano nagpasalamat sya kay JPE at ang sagot naman ni JPE in ilocano MAGALING KA TALAGA
    magaling talaga tumay-ming yan si Farinas. now he can run for Senator sa next elections. mabubura na siguro sa isipan ng tao yun pagiging Marcos Crony niya which shadowed him for so long as well yun nagpakamatay yun "si ako" na artista na asawa nya

Impeachment against CJ Corona..