Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 281 of 422 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    tindi ng presentation ni conchita. na corner si corona dito.
    kaya nga pinagreresign na ni corona

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The one who made the call to put the Ombudsman on the witness stand may have just inadvertently sunk the CJ. I mean, for trial lawyers, it's a rule that you don't put a witness on the stand or ask a witness questions unless you already know what he or she intends to say.

I'm pretty sure Cuevas is giving the third degree to his co counsels now, especially Judd Roy (law dean, kuno).
    Last edited by Altis6453; May 15th, 2012 at 08:01 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Section 26. Inquiries. —

(1) The Office of the Ombudsman shall inquire into acts or omissions of a public officer, employee, office or agency which, from the reports or complaints it has received, the Ombudsman or his Deputies consider to be:

(a) contrary to law or regulation;

(b) unreasonable, unfair, oppressive, irregular or inconsistent with the general course of the operations and functions of a public officer, employee, office or agency;

(c) an error in the application or interpretation of law, rules or regulations, or a gross or palpable error in the appreciation of facts;

(d) based on improper motives or corrupt considerations;

(e) unclear or inadequately explained when reasons should have been revealed; or

(f) inefficient performed or otherwise objectionable.

(2) The Officer of the Ombudsman shall receive complaints from any source in whatever form concerning an official act or omission.t shall act on the complaint immediately and if it finds the same entirely baseless, it shall dismiss the same and inform the complainant of such dismissal citing the reasons therefor.f it finds a reasonable ground to investigate further, it shall first furnish the respondent public officer or employee with a summary of the complaint and require him to submit a written answer within seventy-two (72) hours from receipt thereof.f the answer is found satisfactory, it shall dismiss the case.

(3) When the complaint consists in delay or refusal to perform a duty required by law, or when urgent action is necessary to protect or preserve the rights of the complainant, the Office of the Ombudsman shall take steps or measures and issue such orders directing the officer, employee, office or agency concerned to:

(a) expedite the performance of duty;

(b) cease or desist from the performance of a prejudicial act;

(c) correct the omission;

(d) explain fully the administrative act in question; or

(e) take any other steps as may be necessary under the circumstances to protect and preserve the rights of the complainant.

(4) Any delay or refusal to comply with the referral or directive of the Ombudsman or any of his Deputies, shall constitute a ground for administrative disciplinary action against the officer or employee to whom it was addressed.
    for reference lang ... para kay cuevas ... baka sakali tsikoteer sya

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo

for reference lang ... para kay cuevas ... baka sakali tsikoteer sya
    I raise a technical issue... Which may be irrelevant sa casi ni CJ... But relevant to us all...

Granted na may constitutional basis si Ombudsman to do her work investigating CJ... Relevant ba malaman kung nauna ba nirequest ng Ombudsman from AMLAC yung records? Or was it AMLAC "volunteering" the records?

kay CJ malamang it wont matter sa botohan... But for us private citizens... Who may happen to have some money....

Lesson: don't cross the powers that be...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Corona-defense-in-shambles

i guess the trial regained its ratings

i like seeing brenda in overdosed condition ... so peaceful, she was applauded

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    I raise a technical issue... Which may be irrelevant sa casi ni CJ... But relevant to us all...

Granted na may constitutional basis si Ombudsman to do her work investigating CJ... Relevant ba malaman kung nauna ba nirequest ng Ombudsman from AMLAC yung records? Or was it AMLAC "volunteering" the records?

kay CJ malamang it wont matter sa botohan... But for us private citizens... Who may happen to have some money....

Lesson: don't cross the powers that be...
    The Ombudsman can investigate any goverment official on a mere "report". The law specifically says that the AMLAC may only investigate on a court order. The ombudsman however counters it may request 'assistance' from any goverment agency including AMLAC. Which takes precedent, the court order or the request 'assistance? Should the Ombudsman have gotten a court order first?

Hopefully the BIR can't do the same to us lower citizens with such assistance...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what I know, the bank can or should notify the AMLAC if a depositor made transactions of 500K pesos or more in the said bank, especially if the said transaction is deemed by the bank as suspisious.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto

The Ombudsman can investigate any goverment official on a mere "report". The law specifically says that the AMLAC may only investigate on a court order. The ombudsman however counters it may request 'assistance' from any goverment agency including AMLAC. Which takes precedent, the court order or the request 'assistance? Should the Ombudsman have gotten a court order first?

Hopefully the BIR can't do the same to us lower citizens with such assistance...
    As you've said the law mandate that office of the ombudsman can investigate on mere suspicion or report so we don't need to worry that BIR can do the same to us since they don't have the same mandate as the ombudsman...

Saka I don't think AMLC illegally obtained the documents, can AMLC even obtain bank documents illegally, eh banks reports to them suspicious or P500k and more deposits...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    checkmate na ba si cheap justice?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    From what I know, the bank can or should notify the AMLAC if a depositor made transactions of 500K pesos or more in the said bank, especially if the said transaction is deemed by the bank as suspisious.
    Yes. Per AMLA, the bank follows a set of rules to report transactions. The AMLAC doesnt have to make any request as these reports are automatic as long as it falls into the conditions set or if bank officials see anything suspicious.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..