Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 273 of 422 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im sure They will give out details of that emergency power if and when they will really grant it to the pres. As for now its just a suggestion that someone probably put it out in the open, no more no less.

Not something people should worry about..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Let's not be naive here. PNOY already has the House of Representatives in the palm of his hand - the railroading of the impeachment complaint against Corona proves that. If he succeeds in getting Corona impeached, despite the dismal job that the prosecution has done, do you really think that any of the SC judges would dare to stand against him? They'd be next on the chopping block if they do so. So you'd end up with a situation where the head of the executive branch has a tame legislature and a cowed judiciary - not quite vesting one person with the powers of all three branches, but having the other branches bow to your every whim and desire is pretty much the same thing. And to top it all of, the House of Representatives is thinking of granting PNOY "emergency powers"...
    Para saan nga yang emergency power na yan uli?

Labo naman.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Sinabi na ni Noynoy last week, hindi din magiging sagot ang emergency powers sa electricity problem sa Mindanao so he is not in favor of that.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Let's not be naive here. PNOY already has the House of Representatives in the palm of his hand - the railroading of the impeachment complaint against Corona proves that.
    The gentlemen in congress will always be what they are, traditional, greedy, self-indulging politicians no matter who the President is.
    If he succeeds in getting Corona impeached, despite the dismal job that the prosecution has done, do you really think that any of the SC judges would dare to stand against him? They'd be next on the chopping block if they do so.
    I can think of others who do not deserve to be there in the Supreme Court.
    So you'd end up with a situation where the head of the executive branch has a tame legislature and a cowed judiciary - not quite vesting one person with the powers of all three branches, but having the other branches bow to your every whim and desire is pretty much the same thing.
    This is exaggerated.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    The gentlemen in congress will always be what they are, traditional, greedy, self-indulging politicians no matter who the President is.

I can think of others who do not deserve to be there in the Supreme Court.

This is exaggerated.
    on the last quote lets see. sa tanda ko na to, di malayong mangyari yan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    nabasa niyo na ito????

Manuel Buencamino: A classmate's disappointment with CJ Corona - InterAksyon.com

Below is Mr. Santayana's letter to his classmates:

Dear classmates,

The attached email (the Newsbreak exposé) caught my eye because of its attachments (Corona's academic resumé submitted to Malacañan in 1992 when he worked for the Ramos administration; a screen grab of Corona's resumé in the Supreme Court website prior to its alteration in March 14, 2010; Ateneo commencement programs from grade school, high school, college, and college of law) and so I decided to briefly drop a line to this forum. I imagine there is a great deal of “talk” about the ongoing impeachment proceedings which is why I am forwarding this to the Yahoo group.

Many of the attachments in this email will be familiar to you. Certainly, they were to me. The heavy hitters in our batch were Edjop (Edgar Jopson), Bobby Jayme, Rhett Pleno, Jacques Schnabel, Inggo Diaz, Chito Gomez, Louie Hernandez, Dari Pagcaliwagan, and Benito Diaz. I never saw nor do I recall the name of Corona having stood out in any honors list during our years in the Ateneo. Do you?

The point is ... why lie about it? There are more than a hundred of us classmates—surely a large number will recall what really transpired in school? What a blatant display of arrogance and contempt! This I take personally because it touches me and it violates whatever small personal unsullied space I can still cling to in this life. I cannot stand idly by and allow myself to be made complicit in this.

If we cannot trust a man in small things, how can we trust him in big things? Grade school and high school ... who still includes those in a professional resume anymore? Frankly, it's not even worth mentioning, much less lying about. Yet, some people choose to fabricate and weave untruths ... and use it for self promotion. Anyone who can lie about such small things can lie about anything—yes, even the biggest things.

In this particular instance it is very difficult to show any support even for a classmate, unless you are prepared to compromise your own principles. Personally I was reserving judgment and waiting for events to unfold. It seems the wait is over. This is an issue we are all familiar with. This has nothing to do with Malacañang, nothing to do with the Senate, nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with principle, character and integrity.

Regardless of the outcome, this early Rene Corona himself has shown me that he is unworthy of his position—or any other responsible position. The cumulative weight of all those petty lies and belabored half-truths is crushing and it leaves him bereft of any moral ground to stand on. He should just admit his guilt, resign immediately and hang his head in shame.

It's 2:17 in the morning. More than 5 hours have gone by and still I cannot bring myself to press the “send” button. In the end I realize that I will have to—or suffer the loss of my own principles. But that does not make it any easier. What an utter disappointment! For all of us.

tapos ito yun resume nya.. click the link to read the full article.... booommmmmm!!!

Corona lied about academic honors?

ed 03/14/2012 8:37 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Did Chief Justice Renato Corona embellish his academic achievements brandished on the website of the Supreme Court (SC) before it was altered just a few days ago?

Given some inconsistencies with records seen by Rappler, he might have been, at the very least, negligent or had allowed false claims to be made about him. At the most, he himself could have misrepresented his own achievements.

In his own resumé which he submitted to Malacañang in 1992, when he was assistant executive secretary for legal affairs of then President Fidel V Ramos, Corona said he finished grade school to law school in the Ateneo with honors.

He made the same claims on the SC website as of March 9, 2012.

Corona claimed too, in his resumé that he earned his Bachelor of Laws degree “with honors as no. 5 in the class of 44 members.” There were 44 students in his batch.

He likewise said he finished his Bachelor of Arts course “with academic honors.”

Corona wrote in his resumé that he graduated from high school with “silver medal graduation honors,” and “gold medal graduation honors” in grade school.

Our investigation shows these are not true.

ON RECORD. Corona submits his own resume and information to Malacañang when he was assistant executive secretary in 1992.
    http://static.rappler.com/images/coronaCV-p1-420.png
    http://static.rappler.com/images/coronaCVp2-420.png

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    on the last quote lets see. sa tanda ko na to, di malayong mangyari yan.
    unless grace lee is an imelda clone

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    unless grace lee is an imelda clone

hiwalay na sila!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Since wala pa naman impeachment dahil bakasyon.
    Also with permission to the thread starter which I truly respect and admire.
    Bakit mainit ang dugo ni Nonoy kay Corona?
    Aside from mas ok talaga kung siya and nag hand pick sa list the Judicial Bar Council, meron pa bang iba?
    From his oath taking to his speech in one conference to his pasaring in his interview to the approval of Congress and finally to its transmittal to the Senate and the commencement of his Impeachment trial.
    Na guguluhan ako at minsan naawa, but ano ba talaga?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    According kay Pnoy, marami ng chance na binigay niya kay Corona upang patunayan niya na hindi siya bias kay GMA. eh napuno na si Pnoy, ayun.... na impeach.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..