Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 272 of 422 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Altis, didn't we go through with this last election? Its Gordon or nothing for them...

Oo nga, e. But last I checked, Gordon didn't win the election.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453

Oo nga, e. But last I checked, Gordon didn't win the election.
    Could have been, might have been, should have been...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    To answer your questions:

1. Short of a coup de état and the usurpation of government power by one person, there is no instance under the Constitution which allows a single person or entity to exercise executive, legislative and judicial powers.

2. You must have the short-sightedness of equating CJ Corona with the entire judiciary. Corona is one justice out of fifteen composing the SC and, if he leaves the Court due to death, resignation, impeachment or permanent disability, it will not result in the dissolution of the Court or its abolition. The Constitution provides for the removal of a SC Justice thru impeachment. So, are you implying that the exercise of such remedy is tantamount to usurping judicial power?

I think the only ones who are afraid of Corona's conviction are those whose interests lie in him continuing as CJ.

3. There's no denying the balance of power in government is very important. If PNoy commits an impeachable offense, then by all means let Congress impeach him. Then again, are you even sure he has done so? All you have is the non-sequitur conclusion that PNoy has seized control of all three branches of government. If that were the case, we won't even have to go through an impeachment trial.
    Let's not be naive here. PNOY already has the House of Representatives in the palm of his hand - the railroading of the impeachment complaint against Corona proves that. If he succeeds in getting Corona impeached, despite the dismal job that the prosecution has done, do you really think that any of the SC judges would dare to stand against him? They'd be next on the chopping block if they do so. So you'd end up with a situation where the head of the executive branch has a tame legislature and a cowed judiciary - not quite vesting one person with the powers of all three branches, but having the other branches bow to your every whim and desire is pretty much the same thing. And to top it all of, the House of Representatives is thinking of granting PNOY "emergency powers"...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Let's not be naive here. PNOY already has the House of Representatives in the palm of his hand - the railroading of the impeachment complaint against Corona proves that. If he succeeds in getting Corona impeached, despite the dismal job that the prosecution has done, do you really think that any of the SC judges would dare to stand against him? They'd be next on the chopping block if they do so. So you'd end up with a situation where the head of the executive branch has a tame legislature and a cowed judiciary - not quite vesting one person with the powers of all three branches, but having the other branches bow to your every whim and desire is pretty much the same thing. And to top it all of, the House of Representatives is thinking of granting PNOY "emergency powers"...
    Wala yang emergency powers na yan. Malay ni PNoy kung papano gamitn yan. Baka mas alam pa niya cheat codes or power combinations.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001

Emergency powers for................Mindanao electricity crisis

I don't get it first part of his term he was a wimpy, spineless kid and he is now a dictator who wants to wrest control of the 2 other co equal branches?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think its contradictory that you use control and influence interchangeably, but if you insist:

CONTROL - [B]to have power over: rule

I answered your post as to "what'll happen if the three branches of government gets controlled by one entity?

Control and Influence in politics almost have the same result.

Ok, if Puno and Llamas are your best examples, what do you make of Benjamin Abalos? The Ampatuans? Not to mention all the former AFP chiefs who received pabaons during GMA's term?

Let's wait and see. We should follow due process. For what we know baka makulong yan lahat. With or without Corona as CJ

I agree that Puno should be sacked for blatant incompetence. Llamas, for being in flagrante delicto. But these guys are amateurs compared to the class acts and rogues GMA coddled over the years.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; March 30th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Tagal naman kasi matapos niyan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Emergency powers for................Mindanao electricity crisis

I don't get it first part of his term he was a wimpy, spineless kid and he is now a dictator who wants to wrest control of the 2 other co equal branches?
    Don't ask me why they want to grant him emergency powers - tanungin mo si Belmonte :D

I never considered PNOY as spineless - more like a spoiled kid who's used to getting his way, and will go to any means to get what he wants. He seems just as incompetent a leader as his mother was (too bad he didn't inherit his father's brains and charisma), and doesn't strike me as having the moral character of either of his parents.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001

Don't ask me why they want to grant him emergency powers - tanungin mo si Belmonte :D

I never considered PNOY as spineless - more like a spoiled kid who's used to getting his way, and will go to any means to get what he wants. He seems just as incompetent a leader as his mother was (too bad he didn't inherit his father's brains and charisma), and doesn't strike me as having the moral character of either of his parents.
    that's exactly what the emergency power is for... For the Mindanao power crisis...but I've read even the palace don't think they need it...

Its not the first time we have heard granting emergency power to the president if some crisis need to be prevented or rectify but so far nothing have prosper not even the time of GMA, which I think you will agree that she's very much willing to have.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    that's exactly what the emergency power is for... For the Mindanao power crisis...but I've read even the palace don't think they need it...

Its not the first time we have heard granting emergency power to the president if some crisis need to be prevented or rectify but so far nothing have prosper not even the time of GMA, which I think you will agree that she's very much willing to have.
    I know that's what it's for, but they don't seem to be elucidating too well what those powers will be, and how they will help him solve the crisis quicker - pretty important information, in my mind. I heard him say in an interview that he's not sure whether that will be the best solution or not - points for him that he isn't asking outright for these "emergency powers", but a bit concerning that he doesn't seem to know what to do about the crisis itself.

Hehe, GMA got saddled with a pretty adversarial Senate, kept her from doing more damage than she did.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..