Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 253 of 422 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    un na nga, mali ang practice. unahin itong si corona para tumuwid at magbago ang ating practice.
    mali? the law applies to all otherwise NONE at all....

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    mali? the law applies to all otherwise NONE at all....
    Ayus!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Here's my thinking on this - for me, technicalities are just as important when you're talking about the impeachment of the Chief Justice. What's at stake here isn't just about one man - it is about the balance of power in the government. If, despite a miserable job presenting a faulty case with badly-crafted articles of impeachment, and supposing the defense is able to cast reasonable doubt through evidence presented, the prosecution still gets the conviction, what is to stop Aquino from impeaching the other SC justices, until he has a nice tame Supreme Court? That is why due process, in this particular case, is so important - it makes it difficult for any one man to accrue to much power. Ultimately, these "technicalities", these laws and processes, maintain civilization and prevent anarchy - after all, if you believe that a law isn't worth following because of your own personal convictions, what is to stop another person from doing the same with another law, and so on, until each person is left to just do what he wants, with no thought to what the law prescribes? There has to be an objective code that all will follow - you cannot shortcut justice just because of your convictions and beliefs.

Also, Enrile made a good point when he was admonishing the prosecution - when you are talking about stripping a man of his dignity and honor, of rendering his life's work and effort worthless and tarnishing his name in history - you need to afford that person all the possibilities allowed to defend himself, and you had better be damn sure that your decision is correct - based on what has been presented.

The shame of it is, I truly believe that Corona should be removed from office - I really think he was only appointed to cover GMA when the inevitable cases were filed. However, I believe in following the rule of law even more - and if the prosecution cannot make a strong enough case, with evidence that the defense will be unable to impeach, then Corona should not be convicted.
    the impeachment trial is a political process, it is not a criminal trial.

since it is not a criminal trial, proof beyond reasonable doubt does not apply. it is closer to an administrative case where substantial evidence is enough. still it is a political exercise.

due process was observed, cj corona is given the opportunity to face and answer the charges.

in administrative proceedings, technical rules of evidence and procedure are not strictly applied. the concern should be on the weight of evidence rather than its admissibility.

in the end the question should be, is corona fit to continue being the cj of the sc?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    the impeachment trial is a political process, it is not a criminal trial.

since it is not a criminal trial, proof beyond reasonable doubt does not apply. it is closer to an administrative case where substantial evidence is enough. still it is a political exercise.

due process was observed, cj corona is given the opportunity to face and answer the charges.

in administrative proceedings, technical rules of evidence and procedure are not strictly applied. the concern should be on the weight of evidence rather than its admissibility.

in the end the question should be, is corona fit to continue being the cj of the sc?

yes, i do believe that he's fit enought to be our CJ.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Walang katapusang ala "collegial body kami" na palusot.
    COLLEGIAL BODY IS AKIN TO CONSPIRACY WHERE THE ACT OF ONE IS THE ACT OF ALL. . .

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE, O, TUPAS, DRILON, SINONG MAUUNA SA INYO NA BUMATO KAY CORONA?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    yes, i do believe that he's fit enought to be our CJ.
    i believe i read somewhere that:

Judges must adhere to the highest tenets of judicial conduct. They must be the embodiment of competence, integrity and independence. A judge’s conduct must be above reproach. Like Caesar’s wife, a judge must not only be pure but above suspicion. A judge’s private as well as official conduct must at all times be free from all appearances of impropriety and be beyond reproach.

A judge should personify judicial integrity and exemplify honest public service. The personal behavior of a judge, both in the performance of official duties and in private life should be above suspicion.

Judges should make sure that their acts are circumspect and do not arouse suspicion in the minds of the public. When they fail to do so, such acts may cast doubt upon their integrity and ultimately the judiciary in general.

etc. etc. etc.

unless we evaluate cj corona by a different standard since he is after all a supreme court justice, a chief justice at that and not a mere trial court judge..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    i believe i read somewhere that:

Judges must adhere to the highest tenets of judicial conduct. They must be the embodiment of competence, integrity and independence. A judge’s conduct must be above reproach. Like Caesar’s wife, a judge must not only be pure but above suspicion. A judge’s private as well as official conduct must at all times be free from all appearances of impropriety and be beyond reproach.

A judge should personify judicial integrity and exemplify honest public service. The personal behavior of a judge, both in the performance of official duties and in private life should be above suspicion.

Judges should make sure that their acts are circumspect and do not arouse suspicion in the minds of the public. When they fail to do so, such acts may cast doubt upon their integrity and ultimately the judiciary in general.

etc. etc. etc.

unless we evaluate cj corona by a different standard since he is after all a supreme court justice, a chief justice at that and not a mere trial court judge..
    GENERALLY IT applies to all GOVErment institutions sir....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    COLLEGIAL BODY IS AKIN TO CONSPIRACY WHERE THE ACT OF ONE IS THE ACT OF ALL. . .
    HE WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE, O, TUPAS, DRILON, SINONG MAUUNA SA INYO NA BUMATO KAY CORONA?
    SALN is act of all. Next!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    GENERALLY IT applies to all GOVErment institutions sir....
    Mas mataas ang standard ng nasa Judiciary. SC na mismo ang nag sabi nyan.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..