Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 252 of 422 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    galing FB
    Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

dito din ako sama ko si ping at chiz sa convict
    100% voting for Conviction

1. Drilon
    2. Lapid
    3. Trillanes
    4. Sharon este Kiko P
    5. Cayetano A
    6. Cayetano P
    7. Osmena
    8. Guingona
    9. Ralph Recto (pwedeng bumaliktad ) ??
    10. Angara (hari ng mga balimbing)
    11. chiz
    12. ping

Acquittal

1. marcos
    2. brenda
    3. enrile
    4. legarda
    5. villar
    6. pimentel ???
    7. gringo
    8. jungoy
    9. sotto
    10. bong r.

11. arroyo

mga artista-senator siguro ang aabangan ko...

pano ba boboto mga senator-judges?? taasan lang kamay o kailangan pa nila ipahayag yung kanilang sintemyento de-bobo?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    But am not sure about it. Criminal trial daw is differrent to Impeachment trial..no need to prove beyond reasonable doubt ang Impeachment. So just a mere technicalities cant just be grounds for acquital. Ganun nga po ba?
    Here's my thinking on this - for me, technicalities are just as important when you're talking about the impeachment of the Chief Justice. What's at stake here isn't just about one man - it is about the balance of power in the government. If, despite a miserable job presenting a faulty case with badly-crafted articles of impeachment, and supposing the defense is able to cast reasonable doubt through evidence presented, the prosecution still gets the conviction, what is to stop Aquino from impeaching the other SC justices, until he has a nice tame Supreme Court? That is why due process, in this particular case, is so important - it makes it difficult for any one man to accrue to much power. Ultimately, these "technicalities", these laws and processes, maintain civilization and prevent anarchy - after all, if you believe that a law isn't worth following because of your own personal convictions, what is to stop another person from doing the same with another law, and so on, until each person is left to just do what he wants, with no thought to what the law prescribes? There has to be an objective code that all will follow - you cannot shortcut justice just because of your convictions and beliefs.

Also, Enrile made a good point when he was admonishing the prosecution - when you are talking about stripping a man of his dignity and honor, of rendering his life's work and effort worthless and tarnishing his name in history - you need to afford that person all the possibilities allowed to defend himself, and you had better be damn sure that your decision is correct - based on what has been presented.

The shame of it is, I truly believe that Corona should be removed from office - I really think he was only appointed to cover GMA when the inevitable cases were filed. However, I believe in following the rule of law even more - and if the prosecution cannot make a strong enough case, with evidence that the defense will be unable to impeach, then Corona should not be convicted.
    Last edited by umi001; March 16th, 2012 at 06:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ayosbathere View Post
    ^^ 100% voting for acquittal ba yan :D
    Depends on what the defense presents - if they can explain the allegations in the articles of impeachment that are left, then yes he should be acquitted; if they fail to do so, even for just one article, then Corona should be removed from office. It's too early in the game to say yet - the defense is not yet done presenting their case.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Here's my thinking on this - for me, technicalities are just as important when you're talking about the impeachment of the Chief Justice. What's at stake here isn't just about one man - it is about the balance of power in the government. If, despite a miserable job presenting a faulty case with badly-crafted articles of impeachment, and supposing the defense is able to cast reasonable doubt through evidence presented, the prosecution still gets the conviction, what is to stop Aquino from impeaching the other SC justices, until he has a nice tame Supreme Court? That is why due process, in this particular case, is so important - it makes it difficult for any one man to accrue to much power. Ultimately, these "technicalities", these laws and processes, maintain civilization and prevent anarchy - after all, if you believe that a law isn't worth following because of your own personal convictions, what is to stop another person from doing the same with another law, and so on, until each person is left to just do what he wants, with no thought to what the law prescribes? There has to be an objective code that all will follow - you cannot shortcut justice just because of your convictions and beliefs.

Also, Enrile made a good point when he was admonishing the prosecution - when you are talking about stripping a man of his dignity and honor, of rendering his life's work and effort worthless and tarnishing his name in history - you need to afford that person all the possibilities allowed to defend himself, and you had better be damn sure that your decision is correct - based on what has been presented.

The shame of it is, I truly believe that Corona should be removed from office - I really think he was only appointed to cover GMA when the inevitable cases were filed. However, I believe in following the rule of law even more - and if the prosecution cannot make a strong enough case, with evidence that the defense will be unable to impeach, then Corona should not be convicted.
    +1000
    one of the best post. at sigurado kong majority ng tao ay ito ang kanyang saloobin. *thumbs up*

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Fence-sitter ako. If I were a judge, I might actually vote to acquit.

While I do think Corona has violated the trust of his office, voting for acquital would send a message to the administration that they can't just expect things to roll their way simply because they have the numbers. They have to work for what they want, and do things the right way.

In other words, two wrongs don't make a right.
    Gagaya na lang ako sa iyo.

I want Arroyo and Corona out. But to do it the way they did it would not make things better.

Lose lose situation tayo dito.

Anu gusto natin:

1) Manatili si Corona at magkaroon si Arroyo ng chance na hindi makulong (chance lang naman, hindi pa sure kung mangyayari).

O

2) Maalis si Corona at ang whims naman ni Noynoy ang masusunod (e.g Luisita, KKK)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    wala naman sa hulog itong sa depensa. ang SALN ni corona ang pinag uusapan dito. tapos kinukumpara sa ibang SALN. ipagtanggol at justify nila ang SALN ni corona, yan ang dapat gawin ng depensa.
    baka naman ang gusto lang patunayan ng depensa eh... it is a practice sa almost all govt. officials.... actually sir pati nga po mga mga empleyado ganun din....

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Fence-sitter ako. If I were a judge, I might actually vote to acquit.

While I do think Corona has violated the trust of his office, voting for acquital would send a message to the administration that they can't just expect things to roll their way simply because they have the numbers. They have to work for what they want, and do things the right way.

In other words, two wrongs don't make a right.
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Gagaya na lang ako sa iyo.

I want Arroyo and Corona out. But to do it the way they did it would not make things better.

Lose lose situation tayo dito.

Anu gusto natin:

1) Manatili si Corona at magkaroon si Arroyo ng chance na hindi makulong (chance lang naman, hindi pa sure kung mangyayari).

O

2) Maalis si Corona at ang whims naman ni Noynoy ang masusunod (e.g Luisita, KKK)

I love you niky and fourtheboys96

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    catch 22---so I'll go for the lesser evil...conviction! opinion lang po...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    baka naman ang gusto lang patunayan ng depensa eh... it is a practice sa almost all govt. officials.... actually sir pati nga po mga mga empleyado ganun din....

un na nga, mali ang practice. unahin itong si corona para tumuwid at magbago ang ating practice.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    un na nga, mali ang practice. unahin itong si corona para tumuwid at magbago ang ating practice.
    Walang katapusang ala "collegial body kami" na palusot.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..