Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 233 of 422 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    tagal ko nang di nakita si toby tiangco.
    ito na ba siya ngayon? 'nak ng pating.......

congressman ba siya o member ng rockband?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post

Hahahaha... Ang galing ng first witness ng defense.

Akala ko ba Majority vote dapat ang bigyan ng pansin. Eh yung dissenting opinion ni Justice Sereno eh minority lang yun kaya di dapat bigyan ng pansin yun.

Comedy.
    Last edited by CoDer; March 12th, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sinong congressman naman kaya ang witness ng defense bukas?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    which is irrelevant sa impeachment cuz whatever reasons na pumirma yun mga congressmen eh as long as 1/3 ng house pumirma deemed valid and impeach na ang impeachable official...
    Indeed. Parehas yan sa dissenting opinion ni Justice Sereno... Minority lang, no weight at all.
    Last edited by CoDer; March 12th, 2012 at 11:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012

medyo na-surprise nga rin ako sa appearance nya ngayon. nung una malayo ako sa tv akala ko bumbay ang mag-witness. dati kasi parang boy-next-door ang dating nito nung mayor pa ng navotas. parang albert martinez lang. ngayon medyo di na sila nagkakalayo ni gov. J.S. hehe. and para namang di lang sya nag-witness kanina... mukhang me kasamang sour-graping na rin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    matindi rin itong si aussie aborigine.
    kaya naco-contempt eh.......

"bald predictions" daw, definitely alluding to PNoy.....

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/160447/...ald-prediction

Defense counsel mocks Aquino for ‘bald prediction’

What exactly is a bald prediction?

Apparently taking a swipe at the balding President Benigno Aquino III, a lawyer of Chief Justice Renato Corona on Monday dismissed as a “bald prediction” Malacañang’s claim that there was “no way” Corona would be cleared in the Senate impeachment court.
    Speaking with reporters before the resumption of Corona’s trial, Jose Roy III belittled the Palace statement that the House prosecutors were able to present enough evidence to secure a conviction for the Chief Justice.

“We have heard so many fairy tales. Now we’re hearing about … bald predictions. Bold predictions, I’m sorry,” he said.
    Told to elaborate, Roy replied he just “misspoke.”
    “It’s a slip of the tongue. I had lengua for lunch,” Roy said, eliciting laughter from members of the media.
    He said Palace officials who were making their own predictions about how Corona’s impeachment trial would end “probably have a crystal ball.”

“I have yet to see infallibility in predictions, but I have heard a lot of false bravado,” Roy said.

In his previous media interviews, Mr. Aquino said he was certain the Senate would eventually hand down a guilty verdict on the Chief Justice. In an interview over state-owned dzRB radio on Sunday, deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the President was expecting Corona’s guilty verdict “given the weight of the evidence that has been presented” before the Senate.
    “It will eventually lead to a conviction,” Valte said.
    But Roy said the decision of the House prosecutors to drop five of the eight articles of impeachment showed the quality of the evidence they have against the Chief Justice.

“It’s quite simple. If you have a strong case, what fool of a lawyer would withdraw that case? If the case is solid (which would) surely result in a conviction or ouster … why would you withdraw the case? Why would you drop the articles?” the lawyer said.
    “Are we fools? Do they think we don’t know how it works? No lawyer worth his salt will withdraw a strong case. It’s that simple.”
    Asked if the Palace statement was intended to pressure the senators, Roy said: “I don’t want to keep repeating myself about the efforts of Malacañang to manipulate or influence the senators.”

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think very few people understand why other articles were dropped....i think the administration party did it intentionally as a back up plan in case corona is acquitted in this impeachment trial. if they pursue other articles and corona is still acquitted on all those 8 articles, they cannot file another impeachment case against him next time with the same grounds because of double jeopardy....the senate is also playing safe by not making a judgement on those dropped articles...to tell corona that he is not totally off the hook even if he is acquitted on the pursued articles...all the administration has to do if corona is acquitted is wait for 2013 midterm election for senators...all those who favors corona's acquittal can kiss their reelection goodbye....the administration party can then reclaim majority of the senate and get the new senate president who can decisively try corona on a new impeachment trial, go against any SC TRO's related to the impeachment trial and will eventually lead to convict corona.

also, it is possible that the senators and congressmen are arming themselves against acquitted corona getting back at them by not making any judgement on the dropped articles...it's like telling corona that "you are acquitted but don't bother getting back at us because you can still be impeached next time".

9. Join Date
    May 2011

Asteeg nga porma e.. Parang Rod Stewart lang :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Jongoy idol!

Senator Jinggoy Estrada urged the Corona camp to present evidence to counter the allegations of the prosecution.

“Nakakaantok na ho eh. Meron ba kayong ebidensya sa SALN ng chief justice? ‘Yun lang po ang hinihintay ko, ng impeachment court at ng taumbayan. Para ho makapagdesisyon na kami,” Estrada told the defense.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..