Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 151 of 422 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    in other words, isipin mabuti ang plan pati ang line of questioning. wag yung naghahanap pa. dapat yung pwede sagutin asap ng mga masasagot ng yes or no. hard but they have to earned it. inuuna kasi ang electoral points bago ang pagpapanalo ng case.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The prosecution should have not stapled the "copy" of dubiously sourced documents to their request, since they are only after the bank account numbers for the issuance of a subpoena. Wala naman nagsabi sa kanila na kailangan ng proof.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    You're basically saying that you can no longer present new evidence during the trial, remember walang pre-trial to.

Besides those bank documents that came from the "small lady" were not marked as evidence that subpoenaed bank documents were. Misleading yung tira ni Jingoy.
    you can present new evidence during the trial. but I think the point being made by Enrile is the prosecution should not gather evidence through requests of subpoena. kasi kung ganun ang gagawin, paano nga naman na-file and kaso kung sa trial pa lang mangangalap ng ebidensya?

As for the bank documents from the "small lady", there were two issues raised by the impeachment court. The legality and the authenticity of the documents. Dito lose-lose situation ang prosecution.

I think the effect of the TRO is more of a reminder for the impeachment court not to abuse the power given to them. Because under the same constitution that granted power to the impeachment court, the SC also have the power to settle judicial matters. But I think it is quite clear the SC cannot review the outcome of the case.

------------
    ARTICLE VIII
    JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT

Section 1. The judicial power shall be vested in one Supreme Court and in such lower courts as may be established by law.

Judicial power includes the duty of the courts of justice to settle actual controversies involving rights which are legally demandable and enforceable, and to determine whether or not there has been a grave abuse of discretion amounting to lack or excess of jurisdiction on the part of any branch or instrumentality of the Government.
    ------------

now one point being pointed out by Cuevas (which the prosecution can learn from once they are in similar situation), is that they have no legal recourse if the any of the senator-judge oversteps their mandate (e.g. asking questions not relevant to the case, leading questions, etc) because the rules of the court does not allow them to object to any clarifications/questioning made by the senators. this rule is conducive to abuse by any of the senators.

i feel that cuevas is a little bit feisty today in pointing this out. and I hope this will make our senators think before being accused of grave abuse of discretion.

now, regarding the Tupas-Santiago affair, wala na tayo magagawa kung nagmamagaling ka tapos alam pala ng titser mo na bobo ka tsk tsk tsk.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    no you can present new evidence as long as may idea ka na where to go.
    ex. if they happen to know more like the account no of CJ corona, wag muna nila divulge kasi syempre tatanunging kung pano nalaman.
    try to move around na kung pano mo mamasubpoena yung BM,
    then during the questioning pwede mo na tirahin na "mam, are you aware (or something like that) na me si CJ on your branch with account no. XXXXXX."
    this way di ka na fishing. kasi me prior knowledge ka na wag mo muna divulge syempre.. again example lang yung diskarte. i am not saying na dapat ganun.
    ang nakikita ko kasi sa kanila e kung alam nila info, broadcast kagad sa media. so the defense have to time to argue or object kasi alam na nila patutunguhan. in other words they are two steps behind(parang kanta ng banda heheheheh).
    Violation of bank secrecy law na agad banat sayo ni Jingoy nyan. Remember kahit account number lang alam mo questionable na agad yan.

Ang fishing expedition eh yung sabihin kay enrile na mag labas ng subpoena na ilabas ng banko lahat ng account na ang account name is the same with CJ. Kaya nga inatach ng prosecution ang mga documents sa pleading dahil di nila alam kung authentic yun, otherwise yun na mismo ang markahan nila to be offered as evidence later on.

I concur on the issue as far as leakage to the media is concern your honor.
    Misleading yung fishing expedition na banat ni Jingoy.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    kaya nga sabi ko pag nakalusot si corona dito, isa lang ang sisihin.
    for me madali maconvict ang isang tao sa impeachment court kesa sa ordinary court.
    yun lang you need also good trial lawyers. kala yata nila madali yung ginawa ni Joker nung unang impeachment kaya ginagaya nila. but Joker is a seasoned trial lawyer bago yung impeachment ni erap. was surprised bakit si Tupaz ang pinili ni SB considering si SB rin ang manager ng porsecution nun. mukhang malakas talaga padrino kaya sya nakuha.
    Joker even gave them a tip na to ask SB on how to handle the preparation of impeachment especially gathering evidence coz beterano sa ganyan si SB. joker should should know.
    now regarding the way of reasoning of joker ngayon, its entirely different topic.:D

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Violation of bank secrecy law na agad banat sayo ni Jingoy nyan. Remember kahit account number lang alam mo questionable na agad yan.

Ang fishing expedition eh yung sabihin kay enrile na mag labas ng subpoena na ilabas ng banko lahat ng account na ang account name is the same with CJ. Kaya nga inatach ng prosecution ang mga documents sa pleading dahil di nila alam kung authentic yun, otherwise yun na mismo ang markahan nila to be offered as evidence later on.

I concur on the issue as far as leakage to the media is concern your honor.
    Misleading yung fishing expedition na banat ni Jingoy.
    now kung kay jingoy lang di ka makakalusot, e i dont think pwede kang sumali. kaya nga sabi ko example lang yun. do not take word for word for it. bago ka sumabak dapat me idea ka na character ng mga judges. alam mo naman pano ka lulusot. you should know more than jingoy. dapat you should be above sa line of thinking ni jingoy. dyan papasok yung prep.:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Back read lang ako sa thread and read the news on the impeachment earlier.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    pwede na palitan ng fellow tsikoters ang prosecution team.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    you can present new evidence during the trial. but I think the point being made by Enrile is the prosecution should not gather evidence through requests of subpoena. kasi kung ganun ang gagawin, paano nga naman na-file and kaso kung sa trial pa lang mangangalap ng ebidensya?

As for the bank documents from the "small lady", there were two issues raised by the impeachment court. The legality and the authenticity of the documents. Dito lose-lose situation ang prosecution.

I think the effect of the TRO is more of a reminder for the impeachment court not to abuse the power given to them. Because under the same constitution that granted power to the impeachment court, the SC also have the power to settle judicial matters. But I think it is quite clear the SC cannot review the outcome of the case.

------------
    ARTICLE VIII
    JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT

Section 1. The judicial power shall be vested in one Supreme Court and in such lower courts as may be established by law.

Judicial power includes the duty of the courts of justice to settle actual controversies involving rights which are legally demandable and enforceable, and to determine whether or not there has been a grave abuse of discretion amounting to lack or excess of jurisdiction on the part of any branch or instrumentality of the Government.
    ------------

now one point being pointed out by Cuevas (which the prosecution can learn from once they are in similar situation), is that they have no legal recourse if the any of the senator-judge oversteps their mandate (e.g. asking questions not relevant to the case, leading questions, etc) because the rules of the court does not allow them to object to any clarifications/questioning made by the senators. this rule is conducive to abuse by any of the senators.

i feel that cuevas is a little bit feisty today in pointing this out. and I hope this will make our senators think before being accused of grave abuse of discretion.

now, regarding the Tupas-Santiago affair, wala na tayo magagawa kung nagmamagaling ka tapos alam pala ng titser mo na bobo ka tsk tsk tsk.
    Misleading nga yung regarding sa Bank account issue. Remember the prosecution cannot present the documents given to them by small lady. Tsaka you cannot present them as evidence, basis lang yung ng pleading ng subpoena precisely because Enrile won't issue a subpoena on bank accounts unless the prosecution knows the account numbers.

There's no way for them to verify it, least they will violate the bank secrecy law.

Dapat tuloy-tuloy ang pag taas ng BP ni brenda.
    Last edited by CoDer; February 14th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    now kung kay jingoy lang di ka makakalusot, e i dont think pwede kang sumali. kaya nga sabi ko example lang yun. do not take word for word for it. bago ka sumabak dapat me idea ka na character ng mga judges. alam mo naman pano ka lulusot. you should know more than jingoy. dapat you should be above sa line of thinking ni jingoy. dyan papasok yung prep.:D
    Yan na nga ang point regarding Jingoy. No matter how you go about it, kailangan mong violate ang bank secrecy law kung susundan mo hirit nya.

Abay kahit account number lang alam mo eh bawal na yan unless si Corona mismo nag bigay sayo nyan. Kundi ba naman tanga tong si Jingoy.

Impeachment against CJ Corona..