Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 118 of 422 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    hinde pa ba tapos ang boxing? ang layo ng actual net income ni Corona sa nilagay niya sa SALN...
    Di pa kasali dollar account dyan, at isang bangko pa lang yan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Can a lawyer enlighten me on this.

Guigona is always pointing out that the senate sitting as an impeachment court is not a co-equal with the executive and judiciary.

But he did say that the impeachment court is supreme over all these branches of the govt.

Our constitution grants the power to try an impeachment complaint only to the senate. Does our constitution also states that they are supreme over all other institutions in the country?
    he's right, from what I understand and from this simple mind I have, it is Senate that is co equal with the two branches, which yun ang sabi niya but while sitting as an impeachment court they are not Senate/Senators anymore, the reason why they took another oath..

and it just common sense, Senate as an impeachment court is above and supreme over the two branches since if it;s not, then they can't hear or even try the head of the other branches..

another common sense, if they are not supreme and above the two branches, then bakit pag nag decide sila ng guilty talsik either ang President ng Republic or Chief justice ng supreme court... they can't do that if they are still co equal with them...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    So na deny ni JPE yung pag subpoena yung 4 SC justices? Parang sinabi na ni JPE na defective yung pag grant ng final and executory decision regarding the FASAP case. It was done by a different SC division with a different set of Justices and not by the one who heard the case.
    di ko masisi na umaray ang FASAP at yung union nila.. sayang eh.. pera na naging bato pa... nakapag tataka din naman na sulat lang ay binawi na yung decision... na mukhang flawed nga dahil ibang division ang nag decide sa kaso ng ibang decision... nasa prosecutors now kung pano ipagkabit yung confusion na pano naging ibang division ang nag rule sa kaso ng ibang division at kung ano ang involvement ni corona dun...

pero.. as of yet.. i don't remember na naglabas na Supreme Court ng ruling after binawi yung ruling na yun upon letter from Atty Mendoza... meron na nga ba?

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    di ko masisi na umaray ang FASAP at yung union nila.. sayang eh.. pera na naging bato pa... nakapag tataka din naman na sulat lang ay binawi na yung decision... na mukhang flawed nga dahil ibang division ang nag decide sa kaso ng ibang decision... nasa prosecutors now kung pano ipagkabit yung confusion na pano naging ibang division ang nag rule sa kaso ng ibang division at kung ano ang involvement ni corona dun...

pero.. as of yet.. i don't remember na naglabas na Supreme Court ng ruling after binawi yung ruling na yun upon letter from Atty Mendoza... meron na nga ba?
    afaik wala pa. lalo na ngayong impeachment malabo maglabas ng judgement yan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    uminit nang dumating si foreign affairs......

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    On topic.

What in the world is happening to Joker?

Akala ko ba si Sen. Lapid ang joker sa court?

His acts is both disturbing and annoying.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    On topic.

What in the world is happening to Joker?

Akala ko ba si Sen. Lapid ang joker sa court?

His acts is both disturbing and annoying.
    kontrabulate lang naman sya kay Drilon. pag kay Enrile di na.:D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ever since KAMPi bankrolled his reelection natameme na kay GMA, saka Isang theory ko pa masama loob kay penot dahil wala Sa inner circle eh isip niya malakas siya Kay Cory.

Walanghiya nag kwento pa ng ginawa nila sa erap impeachment eh sila ang hinde sumunod sa rule of law ng walk out na lang nun hinde pinayagan open yun second envelope

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    he's right, from what I understand and from this simple mind I have, it is Senate that is co equal with the two branches, which yun ang sabi niya but while sitting as an impeachment court they are not Senate/Senators anymore, the reason why they took another oath..

and it just common sense, Senate as an impeachment court is above and supreme over the two branches since if it;s not, then they can't hear or even try the head of the other branches..

another common sense, if they are not supreme and above the two branches, then bakit pag nag decide sila ng guilty talsik either ang President ng Republic or Chief justice ng supreme court... they can't do that if they are still co equal with them...
    however, the law isn't just about common sense.

your interpretation of it is subject to grave abuse by the senators which we all all know are capable of that. if that happens, who will balance their power.

IMO, the constitution only granted them the right to try an impeachable official and make their own trial rules which in itself is considered a form of power over the executive and judiciary. but I am not sure if there is a provision that allows them to break some existing laws. good example dito yung PSBank president. so cgurado na bang makukulong siya kasi whatever step na gawin niya, subject to liability siya.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Kung walang tinatago si Chief Justice, sana iauthorize na lang niya mga bangko na pwede open lahat ng dollar accounts niya, para hindi na nahihirapan at naiipit ang mga bank officials at hindi magkaroon ng crisis ang 2 co equal branch...

Impeachment against CJ Corona..