Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 110 of 422 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    If the impeachment subpoenas the SC justices, and none of them bothers to show up using the seperation of powers courtesy ekek; can the impeachment court hold them in contempt and have them arrested? Who will determine if the impeachment court has jurisdiction over the SC justices?
    well yan siguro yung tinatawag na Constitutional Crisis.

but i doubt it. it will be presided by AJ Carpio. iba kung ang magprepreside e isa dun sa walo.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Gaguhan na! defense nag file ng petition sa SC to nullify impeachment complaint, bank acct subpoena...
    care to elaborate?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    If the impeachment subpoenas the SC justices, and none of them bothers to show up using the seperation of powers courtesy ekek; can the impeachment court hold them in contempt and have them arrested? Who will determine if the impeachment court has jurisdiction over the SC justices?
    I doubt it if enrile and the senators will issue subpoena to the justices, sinabi na nila if it's voluntary ok lang pero to compel hinde nila gagawin,

The question is are the justices as fair as enrile and the senate not to issue TRO To stop the proceedings

No need for any institution to determine who has jurisdiction over whom, constitution already said who has sole power over Impeachment proceedings and what is the mandate of the proceeding

Where are people now who kept on harping about constitutional crisis if the impeachment against CJ will happen?

Ngayon sila lumabas at magsabi ng cons crisis if and when the SC issue a TRO to stop the proceedings. Senate will never follow TRO I think pag naglabas SC.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96

care to elaborate?
    Nope! Defense action speak for itself..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the problem with this impeachment court (and our constitution for that matter) is that there is feeling among some of the senator judges and probably the prosecution panel that it above and supreme to any other institution in the government. that they can summon anyone or subpoena anything even if existing laws are being violated. i find it ironic that you try someone because of some alleged violations and they want to prove it by evidence gathered through illegal means by itself.

fortunately, enrile has some sense in being cautious with some of the requests because we maybe getting rid of one "corrupt" person but in the end we cause more damage and rift among the different institutions in our country.

kung ginawa lang ng prosecutors ang assigment nila, hindi aabot sa ganito. in a sense, tama si bad boy farinas.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Nope! Defense action speak for itself..

i guess ginagago nila ang mga bobo

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Malacañang breathes down neck of Karen Jimeno
    February 8, 2012
    By benign0

Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte haughtily announces Malacañang’s looking forward to Jimeno’s “explanation” of a “statement” she signed “from the University of the Philippines College of Law faculty dated January 2010 urging then President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo not to appoint a chief justice since it would be considered a midnight appointment”.

more....
    Malacañang breaths down neck of Karen Jimeno | Get Real Post

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the problem with this impeachment court (and our constitution for that matter) is that there is feeling among some of the senator judges and probably the prosecution panel that it above and supreme to any other institution in the government. that they can summon anyone or subpoena anything even if existing laws are being violated. i find it ironic that you try someone because of some alleged violations and they want to prove it by evidence gathered through illegal means by itself.

fortunately, enrile has some sense in being cautious with some of the requests because we maybe getting rid of one "corrupt" person but in the end we cause more damage and rift among the different institutions in our country.

kung ginawa lang ng prosecutors ang assigment nila, hindi aabot sa ganito. in a sense, tama si bad boy farinas.
    What illegal means? Subpoena nga eh para legal... hulihin nila yun short lady siya nag violate ng bank secrecy law..

So presiding officer and impeachment court is being fair, so whats the problem?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

i guess ginagago nila ang mga bobo
    Mga bobo at uto uto na naniniwala sa defense and kay corona

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    na subpoena na rin ba si short lady?

Impeachment against CJ Corona..