Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 107 of 422 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    si robin padilla kung naging lawyer ay si cong. farinas.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Parang walang breeding si Farinas. Dinadaan sa bola. Ito yung nagpakamatay na starlet-asawa...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    bumalik na pala si brenda. paki update lang brad mga nangyayari sa impeachment trial. wala ako monitor dito.
    wala si brenda. sumulat lang sa senate.
    kung bumalik yun, di magulo na naman ang hearing.

huwag na siya bumalik!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Parang walang breeding si Farinas. Dinadaan sa bola. Ito yung nagpakamatay na starlet-asawa...

sagutan between Farinas and Enrile?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz

sagutan between Farinas and Enrile?
    Wala yan bata rin ni Enrile yan, strong north... But he's funny...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buti na Lang Wala Si Santiago, kundi natuluyan na yan nun nagsalita Si farinas

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Farinas turned on the charm offensive kanina. Pero many senators seemed not impressed. Sadomasochist yung tao.

Sad Story of the late Maria Theresa Carlson Farinas...

In a Probe interview in October 1996 Maria narrated: "At the start, there would be occasional slapping on the face, physical abuse, beatings. He will box you... all over. I was subjected to water torture. I had a gun at me in my mouth... a wet towel all over my face, pour [sic] Sprite, 7-Up or continuous water...

"I do not wish to embarrass him. I do not want humiliate him. I'm not out just for any money. I'm even willing to give up everything. I just want my freedom, and my independence. I want my annulment and I want what's due to me as my constitutional rights as a Filipino."
    Long before 1996, Maria had cried out many times for help.

In a 1988 interview, she slipped a note to reporter Nini Valera that said: "Please help me, I am literally being tortured."

Valera was interviewing Maria in the Fariñas home. She noted that the husband was not far away in the same room, cleaning his gun. Near the end of the interview, when Fariñas left for a few minutes, Nini discovered that Maria had been dabbing powder to conceal cigarette burns on her chin.

In 1992, Maria got in touch with the Kalakasan hotline, an NGO for women in distress. Anna Leah Sarabia said, "Sa umpisa, saglit-saglit lang ‘yan. At saka walang pangalan. Umiiyak... Hindi naming alam kung sino..."

By 1995, Maria was able to identify herself. Sarabia said, "Pero tatawag siya, saglit-saglit lang, siguro one minute, two minutes. Tapos, Ibababa ‘yong phone. Kaso sabi niya, ‘They're watching me.' Tapos, ‘pag wala nang tao, tatawag uli."

Back in his arms. A week after her Probe interview, Maria went back to her husband. An article in Cosmopolitan magazine, "Cry for Help," said:

"With no money, no government protection, but only a baby begging to be delivered, Maria was left with no choice but to return to her husband. On October 15, she gave birth to her sixth child, a baby boy. It was also her birthday. She was 34."

She appeared on television, Magandang Gabi Bayan, with her husband beside her and she took back everything she had said against him. She told host Noli de Castro that she was just feeling insecure. "Baka dahil buntis po ako. Hindi ako maganda sa kanya. Puro motherhood, puro housewife na lang." The plump, matronly Maria was a far cry now from her beauty-queen days.

Meanwhile, Fariñas had things to say, too: The media "violated our rights as husband and wife." He accused Probe of messing up with their lives, interfering in a petty marital quarrel. He said to the Manila Times, "Saan ka naman nakakita ng tampuhan lang ng mag-asawa, ipa-flash mo sa TV?."

Maria Theresa Carlson-Fariñas, 38, died on November 23, 2001. She plunged from her apartment on the 23rd floor of Platinum 2000, Greenhills, San Juan. She landed on the condominium's third floor airwell. (Ironically, the condo is adjacent to the Atlanta building where Nida Blanca died.) Maria was found dead by a roving security guard at 2 o'clock in the wee hours.

Initially, everyone suspected foul play. But San Juan police said there was no indication of anything wrong at the scene and ruled it a suicide. Her husband called it an accident.

A Loyola Memorial services assistant told the GMA-7 news crew, "Walang ulo. Yung utak niya dumikit sa mga ano... nagkalat, pinulot ko isa-isa. Nakakatakot talaga. Wasak ang mukha, durog, sabog ang skull niya.

The househelp who was with Maria at the rented condo unit, said that Maria jumped. Days before that, she was going around the saying, "I miss my baby... don't leave me."

In the weeks that followed her death, her husband, now a congressman, faced the media relentlessly. In an interview with Butch Francisco in the Philippine Star, he recounted, "I loved being with her. We enjoyed the same kind of things... Okay lang sa kanya that she would be the butt of my jokes. And I really appreciated the fact na inalagaan niya ang dalawang anak ko sa ibang babae.

"During the elections, nangangampanya ‘yan. She'd go on a house-to-house campaign. Pero kapag sinumpong ‘yan... she'd start hearing things. And then, she becomes uncaring. Ang pagkakamali ko, sana naki-ride on na lang ako. May mga pagkukulang din ako sa kanya," the scion from Laoag, Ilocos Norte said.

Postscript. After Maria's death, a women's coalition lobbied arduously to have a law passed in Congress.

The women succeeded in 2004 when Republic Act 9262 or "Anti-Violence against Women and Children Act" was signed on March 8, International Women's Day. Many women are now aware of their rights and how to seek protection from all forms of abusive relationship.
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 7th, 2012 at 07:09 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magkano ba ang billable hour ng isang lawyer with the caliber of Cuevas?

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Awkward! Signatory pala spokesperson ng defense si Karen jimeno doon sa UP na pag condemn nila sa midnight appointment ni corona...it's one of the article, right?
    afaik, even Cuevas is against the midnight appointment. i guess ganyan talaga.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Corona son-in-law in hot water | Top Stories

Corona son-in-law in hot water

CHIEF Justice Renato Corona’s son-in-law Dr. Constantino Castillo will face a huge responsibility to the Bureau of Internal Revenue if he fails to prove that he has no capacity to buy different expensive properties.

The prosecution team said this yesterday as they stressed that they leave the fate of Mr. Castillo to BIR Commissioner Kim Henares when the agency holds its investigation against the Coronas.

In an interview, Marikina Rep. Miro Quimbo, prosecution team spokesman, said although Castillo is not included in the impeachment, it is important to know what the result of BIR investigation be.

This developed after an information surfaced that Castillo is only a medical intern way back in 2000 so he obviously has no capacity to have huge properties such as La Vista Subdivision in Quezon City.

Quimbo refused to confirm the information but he said this is very important and should be cleared by Corona’s camp.

“I don’t have that information, I know he is a doctor but there is no specific information kung ano ang trabaho niya,” Quimbo told the Journal Group.

Aside from the La Vista property worth P18 million, Castillo also owns properties in Diliman, Quezon City worth P15 million and P10.5 in Cubao, Quezon City. Castillo may also be included the “joint dollar account” named after the couple Renato and Cristina Corona at the PS Bank worth $700,000 or equivalent to P34 million. Marlon Purificacion

Impeachment against CJ Corona..