Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty!

58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 104 of 422 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 4211
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never had the chance to watch any of the impeachment proceedings. Dito lang sa tsikot nakakakuha ng updates. What did Cuevas do ba?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Never had the chance to watch any of the impeachment proceedings. Dito lang sa tsikot nakakakuha ng updates. What did Cuevas do ba?
    Tinanong kasi ni Cuevas si Henares on his cross examination about CJ's SALN before. Ang sagot hi Henares is that she found discrepancies on CJ's SALN.

Ayun Atty. Lim buried Cuevas during redirect, sayang nga lang di ko napatapos.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    oo nga....semplang si cuevas.
    kuyog siya kay lim. natakot sa pandidilat.........

today's the day for the prosecution.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    wala mangyayari sa imbestigayon nyan sa panahon ni PNoy. alangan naman paimbestigahan mo abogado mo. 2016 onwards pwede pa. e for sure mas malakas to kay llamas yan. "ninong" neto si drilon.

yang paglabas na yan ng mga baho ni tupas e sagot lang din ng mga paninira ng kampo nila sa media. so ang laban nyan sa media lang. ganun lang yun. walang planong dalhin sa korte yan.
    at least nakalabas kahit sa media lang. pero cj has still some remedies under the law, he could file a case against tupas, other congressmen-prosecutors and p-noy himself at the office of the ombudsman for graft and corruption etc., provided he find some legal grounds thereof, bahala na kung ma-dismiss ang kaso, there are other remedies to bring the cases all the way up to the supreme court; and even granting en arguendo that said cases would just be dismissed, at least, he filed the necessary charges and just like what the prosecutors did, he should also seek the help of the media to publish the same.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    truth be told kanino painbestigahan? sa minority sa congress?

this is what I;ve been saying pinoys has the penchant of muddling the issue, "bakit ako lang, gawain din naman nila eh" well, tough luck corona is the one in hot seat now. sorry na lang siya...

there is a time and venue if he wanted to have his accusers investigated as well... pero yun ginagawa nilang eye for an eye...will just backfire...

meron naman daw silang sagot bakit hinde accurate yun inputs niya sa SALN eh, so we will wait for that...pero for me manipis yun palusot na pwede naman i-correct...sabi ko nga pag immediate ang correction acceptable pero pag na drag na ng ilang years and mukhang wala talagang planong i correct eh..ibang usapan...meron din kasabihan mga lawyers na "ignorance of the law, excuses no one" most especially if you're the chief justice...
    the proper venue is at the office of the ombudsman, cases for graft and corruption, provided that he has evidence like yong mga unexplained wealth din ng mga congressmen prosecutors & p-noy, ipa-research nya rin yong SALN & registered properties nila and use them as evidence against them. and if the office of the ombudsman dismiss the caSE, THEN, HE SHOULD FILE A PETITION FOR CERTIORARI BEFORE THE SUPREME COURT for grave abuse of discretion amounting to lack or in excess of jurisdiction of the office of the ombudsman. tapos, subokan nya ring mag-file ng impeachment case against p-noy kahit na ma-dismiss ng house of representatives, then, bring the matter to the supreme court. If i am the chief justice, I will not stand in a silent platform, i will fight the war against my accusers applying the principle of the law on retaliation.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Saguisag: Corona

Saguisag: Corona’s free use of lawyers unethical

Citing a provision in the Code of Judicial Conduct, former Senator Rene Saguisag on Monday accused Supreme Court Chief Justice Renato Corona of unethical conduct for retaining the services of lawyers for free. “Under Rule 504 of the Code of Judicial Conduct, a judge or any member of his family shall not accept any gift or favor. So here, he is not the only one complicit, even his lawyers serving pro bono are,” Saguisag pointed out.

Speaking at Monday’s Kapihan sa Diamond Hotel, Saguisag cited how the Clinton couple, during the American president’s impeachment trial, paid for their legal bills using the proceeds of their respective autobiographies.
    “But really, they (Clintons) had high-powered lawyers who were not serving for nothing. Here, they are serving pro bono, so each one of them is embroiled in violation of Rule 504 of the Code of Judicial Conduct,” he said.
    Saguisag stressed, “He (Corona) cannot accept discounted penthouses, discounted diplomas and free legal services. These are prohibited under (Rule) 504.”

According to Saguisag, he had heard rumors of Corona’s resignation after he is acquitted by the impeachment court.
    “Rene (Corona) is very badly damaged goods today. He is merely floating on the waters of the law. There is a scuttlebutt … that once he is acquitted he probably will resign anyway. That rumor is going around because he can be charged again,” he said. Saguisag explained that another impeachment complaint could be initiated against Corona next year if the current one fails.

Akbayan Representative Walden Bello raised doubts that Corona could serve effectively as Chief Justice after he is acquitted.
    Bello maintained that even if Corona were cleared he would not have the moral ascendancy to continue to serve.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Cuevas booboo in Henares cross examination? | ABS-CBN News

Cuevas booboo in Henares cross examination?

BIR chief Kim Henares stands her ground vs legal eagle

MANILA, Philippines - Did defense lawyer Serafin Cuevas unwittingly allow "damaging testimony" against Chief Justice Renato Corona to come to light?

Cuevas on Monday came under fire from the spokesman of the House prosecution team for his failed attempt to have the testimony of Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Commissioner Kim Henares removed from the records of Chief Justice Renato Corona's impeachment trial.

"Kapag tila hindi nagugustuhan ng defense iyung kasagutan, ay sila mismo ang nagpapa move to strike out," said Rep. Miro Quimbo.

Henares, during her cross-examination by Cuevas, said she found discrepancies in Corona's statements of assets, liabilities, and net worth (SALNs).

She said that in 2003, Corona's La Vista property was only declared at P3 million, when it was worth some P11 million.

Henares added that in 2004, Corona also did not declare a property in Diliman, Quezon City and another property in Fort Bonifacio in 2005.

From 2006 to 2009, Corona disclosed lower net worths, Henares said.

"My understanding is when I submit a SALN that has to be complete and true," she said when asked by Cuevas if the SALN can be corrected after it is sworn in and filed. "If it can be amended anytime, it is a useless exercise."

She also defended the BIR's move to investigate perceived irregularities in the tax records of members of the Corona family, saying the "public expects us to do our job."

Senate president and impeachment court presiding officer Juan Ponce Enrile rejected Cuevas' effort to have Henares' testimony stricken off, saying the defense will have its time to present its own evidence for Corona.

'Damaging' testimony

Quimbo described Henares' testimony as "very damaging" on the defense's efforts to clear Corona regarding allegations in Article 2 of the impeachment complaint.

"Everybody knows, kaming mga abugado, that every time you ask a question on cross examination, any answer that is given by the witness, you take the risk on what is answered by the witness," he said.

"On this case, she clearly stated very categorically, the damaging testimony pertaining to the fact that more than P50 million of the assets ni Chief Justice nung 2010, ang dineclare lamang po niya ay P14.5 million," he added.

"Huwag po nating kalimutan that the BIR is an integral part of the SALN mandatory submission," Quimbo said. "Nakalagay po iyan, kapag tayo'y nagsusubmit ng ating SALN, nakalagay po sa likod mismo, you authorize the other agencies, including the BIR, to actually use this para sukatin kung ika6'y nagbabayad ng tamang buwis."

"Kaya nga importante iyung SALN, bilang sukatan, sinasabi mismo ng Korte Suprema -- na bahagi po si Chief Justice -- na ang SALN is a way for us to measure and prevent graft and corruption," he said. "Kaya iyan under oath, para natin makita, masuma natin, macompel natin magsabi ng totoo."

"Makikita natin iyung pagtaas ng kaniyang assets. Ito, kritikal na kritikal na impormasyon sa naipakita po natin today, because clearly, the agency or at least the commissioner of the agency that is in charge of using the SALN in determining tax liabilities, malinaw na she has the required expertise that the SALN is a matter that is reviewed regularly by the commissioner of the BIR," Quimbo said.

He added that Henares' testimony given under cross examination by Cuevas is "wrapping up" of the SALN issue hounding Corona. "Lahat ng atin pong allegations o pertaining to fact that the SALNs were misdeclared or grossly undeclared considering the testimony herself of the testimony of the BIR."

Henares' statement irrelevant, says defense

The defense, however, came to Cuevas' aid.

They questioned Henares statements, saying they are irrelevant to the impeachment case.

"The discrepancies were not verified. Premature to say may itinatago si CJ Corona," said lawyer Karen Jimeno, spokesperson of the defense team.

"Di pa puwede pagbasehan yung computation (ni Henares)," she said. "Klaro na sarili niyang (Henares) opinyon yun. Hindi siya ipinresenta as an expert witness ng prosecution."

Another member of Corona's team also said that the chief justice's SALNs are accurate and they're ready to prove that when they present their evidence.

"Maipapaliwanag namin na walang inaccuracies sa SALN ni Chief Justice," said Atty. Rico Paolo Quicho. - with ANC

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS

the proper venue is at the office of the ombudsman, cases for graft and corruption, provided that he has evidence like yong mga unexplained wealth din ng mga congressmen prosecutors & p-noy, ipa-research nya rin yong SALN & registered properties nila and use them as evidence against them. and if the office of the ombudsman dismiss the caSE, THEN, HE SHOULD FILE A PETITION FOR CERTIORARI BEFORE THE SUPREME COURT for grave abuse of discretion amounting to lack or in excess of jurisdiction of the office of the ombudsman. tapos, subokan nya ring mag-file ng impeachment case against p-noy kahit na ma-dismiss ng house of representatives, then, bring the matter to the supreme court. If i am the chief justice, I will not stand in a silent platform, i will fight the war against my accusers applying the principle of the law on retaliation.
    Worst thing he will do, 100% will backfire...Kahit mga closest advisers niya will say otherwise, I'm very sure of that...first the timing is off...another thing corona has the lowest trust ratings...lalo siya mababaon

Yun mga kasamahan niyang minority sa congress hinde rin siya tutulungan dahil Kung gawin nila pati sila madadamay at ma check din SALN nila eh di lalong napabilis Si corona...

He's now at the mercy of his enemies...ipit na eh...matapang eh

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Interesting...

Of course, Corona could just pay his team. Piso per day in court?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Interesting...

Of course, Corona could just pay his team. Piso per day in court?

Amicus curiae ngang talaga......
    14.8K:cow:

Impeachment against CJ Corona..