58 84.06%
  • Not Guilty

9 13.04%
  • i couldn't care less

2 2.90%
Page 24 of 422 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    that's crap.. bellagio condo doesn't sell for 48T per sqm kahit nung 2009.. ang going rate na nang mga bellagio that time is 80T per sqm na.. so how can he bought the unit at 14M only??

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    that's crap.. bellagio condo doesn't sell for 48T per sqm kahit nung 2009.. ang going rate na nang mga bellagio that time is 80T per sqm na.. so how can he bought the unit at 14M only??
    Ang lagay eh...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post
    Yung congressman-prosecution team parang student council ng highschool. Lalo na yung congressman tupas. Naalala ko tuloy schoolmate ko na bading.

Pag ikumpara doon sa prosecution team laban kay erap eh mas mukhang magaling paghahanda noon kaysa ngayon.
    I wouldn't say that until you actually see them try the case in the impeachment court.

BTW, the most of the congressmen/prosecutors during the Erap impeachment trial WERE MORE UNPREPARED and it had to take the hiring of such lawyers like Nani Perez and Mario Bautista to properly present object evidence and examine witnesses. Jeez. One of them, Cong. Sergio Apostol (a former RTC judge, mind you) was being prompted by CJ Hilario Davide on how to qualify a witness.

That being said, it was quite improper of them to present evidence to the media and not to the Senate sitting as the impeachment court. Were that done in another court, they would've been cited for indirect contempt. They tried to reason out that the Senate had no jurisdiction over them yet as they had not entered their appearance, yada yada yada. Question is, why are they even submitting themselves to the Senate Rules on Impeachment at all?

Any trial lawyer worth his salt would tell you that the last thing you'd want is to have a hostile judge right before you begin presenting your case. Tupas, et al should do their talking in the court. Not out of it.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I wouldn't say that until you actually see them try the case in the impeachment court.

BTW, the most of the congressmen/prosecutors during the Erap impeachment trial WERE MORE UNPREPARED and it had to take the hiring of such lawyers like Nani Perez and Mario Bautista to properly present object evidence and examine witnesses. Jeez. One of them, Cong. Sergio Apostol (a former RTC judge, mind you) was being prompted by CJ Hilario Davide on how to qualify a witness.

That being said, it was quite improper of them to present evidence to the media and not to the Senate sitting as the impeachment court. Were that done in another court, they would've been cited for indirect contempt. They tried to reason out that the Senate had no jurisdiction over them yet as they had not entered their appearance, yada yada yada. Question is, why are they even submitting themselves to the Senate Rules on Impeachment at all?

Any trial lawyer worth his salt would tell you that the last thing you'd want is to have a hostile judge right before you begin presenting your case. Tupas, et al should do their talking in the court. Not out of it.

mind conditioning... it is a coordinated effort to condition the minds of the public that impeachment is right.. regardless if it is really right or wrong... if the public is convinced, senators (especially those seeking re election) will have another factor to think about...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

"Corona has not denied that he bought the penthouse unit, and says that he is still paying a monthly amortization. Really? So where did the Certificate of Ownership to the unit in the name of a Corona come from? No one issues that unless a unit has been fully paid!"

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yes.

I think its a deliberate "peek" intended two provide some ammunition to the charges and convince the people and to instigate some senators to be wary and feel the pulse of the sambayanan or else there might be some fallback come election time.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Yes.

I think its a deliberate "peek" intended two provide some ammunition to the charges and convince the people and to instigate some senators to be wary and feel the pulse of the sambayanan or else there might be some fallback come election time.
    With Coronas dipping rating and the upcoming election, the stake is high for them.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    sa tingin nyo bibitaw kaya tong si Corona. I am pretty sure titindi pa ang character assasination na gagawin sa kanya at ng asawa nya all through out ng impeachment.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/01...ficer-confirms

Chief Justice Renato Corona's condominium in The Fort, Taguig City is fully paid.

This contradicts the statement earlier made by Corona’s lead lawyer that his client was still paying installment on his luxury condo to this day.

A Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) officer told me he personally signed a document in late 2009 which assumed that CJ Corona had fully paid up for his purchase of a 303.5 square meter penthouse and three 12.5 sq m parking space in Bellagio Tower 1 at The Fort.

“Ya, I think I signed the CAR (Certificate Authorizing Registration)” of the property in the name of CJ Corona and his wife Cristina, Makati Revenue District Officer Gerry Dumayas told me in an interview.

Dumayas confirmed he signed the certificate while he was the Revenue District Officer in charge of Taguig where The Fort is located.

I asked him if a CAR is only issued by the BIR once a unit is fully paid up.

Dumayas replied:

"That’s the assumption. Because one of the documents that has to be submitted (to the BIR before a CAR can be issued) is the Deed of Absolute Sale. A corporate developer will not issue (to the buyer) a Deed of Absolute Sale if the property is not fully paid up. Maliban lang kung may usapan sila. Madalang yon. Maaring hindi nangyayari. Nasa usapan nila yon.

Ang assumption ng BIR, bayad pag nag-request ng issuance of the CAR. Bayad yung binili."

He said the CAR is the final step before a buyer can register the property in his name with the Registry of Deeds.

Dumayas confirmed that he issued and signed the CAR for Corona’s property on December 17, 2010.

The following month, on January 25, 2010, four Condominium Certificate of Title (CCT) were issued in the name of “spouses Cristina Corona and Renato Corona, both of legal age, Filipinos” according to documents made available to me.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    question lang kasi balak ko bumile ng condo pero di ganyan kamahal.
    pano kung binile yung condo nung 2009 tapos nung lumabas ang CCT sinanla ko immediately sa banko? considered bang property ko na yun? ingat na rin dapat ngayon ehhehehe.

just thinking lang all possible na lusot ni corona.:D

Impeachment against CJ Corona..