New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    the problem here is not politics but focus. hongkong's focus was economic growth, they dont mind if sira sira politics nila, basta they should grow. you cannot have it all naman eh, kaya nga earth hindi heaven.

mahirap ba philippines? we are sitting on $1 trillion worth of minerals (gold, copper, and nickel)... as my mom said, 'its not your fault if you are born poor, but its your choice if you die poor...' there are only three kinds of filipinos. those who and mine (working class), thos who dine (loafers and corrupt), and those who whine (unproductive so-called activists)... kawawa tayong nagwowork habang sangkatutak na so-called 'activists' rallying on the streets thinking they are changing the country for the better...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the best and worst thing about the Philippines is population.

kaya hindi malinis ang mga lansangan natin, madali masira ang mga facilities natin bec. of the number of people na gumagamit.

take for example MRT and LRT2. laspag na laspag ang stations ng MRT sa sobra dami ng pasahero pero LRT2 since kokonti lang naman nagtrabaho sa Maynila, ang sosyal pa din ng LRT2.

best thing about overpopulation. it keeps our standard of living low. puwede ka pa makakain ng meal sa mga malls ng below P 100 kasi dinadaan na lang ng mga negosyante sa volume.

sa ibang bansa mahina P300 per meal pag tourist ka sa malls nila

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Philippines is not that bad, its just that people in the government makes it worst.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Philippines POOR? I dont think so... more than 30 years na ninanakawan ng mga currupt na Politiko ang kabang bayan ng Pilipinas di pa tayo naba-bankcrupt.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    the problem here is not politics but focus. hongkong's focus was economic growth, they dont mind if sira sira politics nila, basta they should grow. you cannot have it all naman eh, kaya nga earth hindi heaven.
    on the contrary... HK worked hard to eradicate corruption in the government. That's why gov't workers make more than people in the same field.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    Philippines is not that bad, its just that people in the government makes it worst.
    I don't agree with this either...

Let's not put the blame on the government solely.

i.e.

Who is it that causes traffic in the streets mostly? It's not the government (although unfinished construction work does add to it). It's the people. People who don't know how to give way, who don't know how to follow the rule of law, who think they're above the law.... etc etc etc

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    my two cents:

the problem with our country today is "patriotism" or love for country...

when foreigners asks us: "how is the Philippines" are answers typically ranges from its corrupt, the politicians are screwing us, its always traffic, blah, blah, blah... everything that comes out of our mouths paints a negative picture of our country... we can't even rally FOR our government (legitimacy questions aside)... whatever policies they come out with, we always whine and complain (eg. EVAT) how else will we succeed if we dont join hands and save our country? How else will we become a 1st world if every person that sits as our president always has to look out for herself/himself? We're so used to playing the blame game that nothing positive is happening...

JFK said it right 'think not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country'... LOVE FOR COUNTRY

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    I don't agree with this either...

Let's not put the blame on the government solely.

i.e.

Who is it that causes traffic in the streets mostly? It's not the government (although unfinished construction work does add to it). It's the people. People who don't know how to give way, who don't know how to follow the rule of law, who think they're above the law.... etc etc etc
    OT:Natawa naman ako.In the first place i did not ask somebody to agree with me.It's just my humble opinion bro.. Alam mo bakit sabi ko government may problema?Sino ba nag iimplement ng mga batas?Diba government din?Tayo, sumusunod lang kung ano ang batas.Now hear this, if a person thinks he is above the law then that person is or has connection in the government.Kaya nagugulo tayo dahil dyan sa connection na yan.Now tell me who's to blame for all the sufferings of our country?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    All poor countries have 1 thing in common.

The majority of the people are ignorant. And a minority are very smart, intelligent, and cunning.
    Ah well, I guess I'm in the minority here...

Ops, talo pala ako ni Chavit de Venecia faker...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    How about a population control plan? Like ung mga nasa prison, sunugin sabay sabay. And ung mga squatters na walang ginawa kundi magsquat, reklamo, mamalimos and magnakaw, sunugin din or gawing workers/slaves just like the old times (Egypt), productive pa. Tapos kokonti tao nun sigurado, dito pa lang sa QC baka 1/8 na lang matira na tao.

Tapos ung mga lot ng mga squatters, idevelop na, since most naman eh gov't property sila nag-squat. Isama na din yang Bingbong Crisologo na yan. MMDA clearing pinipigilan, yabang pa manghamon dun sa MMDA official eh ang payat nya! Hahahaha parang palito vs paquito sila sa TV e.

if you think the Philippines is poor..