New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    maybe it's doing us a favor to pretend to be poor, at least makakapag-meal ka pa ng less P100 ngaun unlike sa mga highly-developed neighbors natin like Singapore & Hongkong baka pambilli na lang ng candy nila ang P100 hehehe

yan ang isang reason why I'm so thankful sa mga politicians natin. by telling the world that we are poor, pumapayag yun mga intl. community na mas mababa ibebenta yun basic necessities such as food, raw materials and medicine. imagine sa mcdo na lang sa America, $3 to $4 na per meal, halos P165 na yun dito. pero syempre bawi naman sila sa mga electronics stuff & car stuff, mas mahal naman dito.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Speaking of food, I normally spend 200 in Chili's just me, wife & 2 kids here in the desert.
    Convert it to peso, that's almost 3000. Di lang apat na tao ang mapapakain mo sa Chili's Greenbelt.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    maybe it's doing us a favor to pretend to be poor, at least makakapag-meal ka pa ng less P100 ngaun unlike sa mga highly-developed neighbors natin like Singapore & Hongkong baka pambilli na lang ng candy nila ang P100 hehehe

yan ang isang reason why I'm so thankful sa mga politicians natin. by telling the world that we are poor, pumapayag yun mga intl. community na mas mababa ibebenta yun basic necessities such as food, raw materials and medicine. imagine sa mcdo na lang sa America, $3 to $4 na per meal, halos P165 na yun dito. pero syempre bawi naman sila sa mga electronics stuff & car stuff, mas mahal naman dito.
    the philippines is NOT pretending to be poor.....

the philippines IS poor...... i stayed in new york city (most expensive city in USA) late 2001 and i was able to eat half-fried chicken with 2 cups of fried rice for only $2.25 or P120......but we have to remember that minimum wage in NY is around $7 PER HOUR or $56/day or P3,080 per day compared to P325/day dito sa manila.....kahit P50 na lang ang one piece chicken sa jolibee, it would comprise 15% of the minimum wage pero sa US 4% lang ng kinita nila sa minimum wage.....P9 lang ang isang kilo ng bigas sa Thailand kumpara sa P19 sa atin considering Thailand is slightly "richer" than our country.....

mura ang medicine dito? dude, medicines here in the philippines is the most expensive in south east asia......electricity is 2nd most expensive behind Japan in Asia.....

guys, the current exodus of skilled workers and professionals to other countries is evident of the fact that the philippines is indeed POOR....

the philippines might be richer compared to Nigeria but if you go around Southeast asian like thailand, singapore, malaysia, brunei and even indonesia, then you will see how we have lagged behind in economic prosperity

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yes... indeed the philippines is not poor.. kaya lang parang poor kasi ang revenue ng government more than half napupunta sa corruption. kaya mga tao may pera ang government wala kasi ubos sa corruption.

i dunno if you'll agree with me if i say na ang naghihirap lang naman sa bansa natin ay ang mga squatter sa manila, ito yung mga taong pumupunta ng manila umaasa nandito ang pera at trabaho.

samantalang if you go to the countryside masarap buhay doon relax.. hindi man nga mayaman mga tao hindi naman mahirap na namumulubi
    Last edited by pissword; October 24th, 2005 at 11:51 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm136:2
    Amen bro! Totally agree with you. Finally, somebody who's got positive outlook.
    haha, it was actually a corrupt politician who said that. he was criticized kase for using expensive limousines during trips to the US while most of his countrymen go hungry. His reponse? "The Philippines is a rich nation pretrnding to be poor."

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    correct. the philippines is poor and it will get even poorer in the years to come. lalo na pag presidente na si lito lapid (or bong revilla, or jinngoy) hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz

the philippines IS poor...... i stayed in new york city (most expensive city in USA) late 2001 and i was able to eat half-fried chicken with 2 cups of fried rice for only $2.25 or P120......but we have to remember that minimum wage in NY is around $7 PER HOUR or $56/day or P3,080 per day compared to P325/day dito sa manila.....kahit P50 na lang ang one piece chicken sa jolibee, it would comprise 15% of the minimum wage pero sa US 4% lang ng kinita nila sa minimum wage.....P9 lang ang isang kilo ng bigas sa Thailand kumpara sa P19 sa atin considering Thailand is slightly "richer" than our country.....

mura ang medicine dito? dude, medicines here in the philippines is the most expensive in south east asia......electricity is 2nd most expensive behind Japan in Asia.....

guys, the current exodus of skilled workers and professionals to other countries is evident of the fact that the philippines is indeed POOR....

the philippines might be richer compared to Nigeria but if you go around Southeast asian like thailand, singapore, malaysia, brunei and even indonesia, then you will see how we have lagged behind in economic prosperity
    I always go to NY - but I never seen a $2.25 meal. Where exactly did you got that deal? Did you use a coupon or something? Thats way cheaper than the $20/hr parking that I usually pay there.
    Last edited by airshaq20; October 25th, 2005 at 12:43 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005

wala kasi tayo nuclear power plant kaya mahal electricity dito.
    Last edited by oldblue; October 25th, 2005 at 02:45 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    I always go to NY - but I never seen a $2.25 meal. Where exactly did you got that deal? Did you use a coupon or something? Thats way cheaper than the $20/hr parking that I usually pay there.
    where exactly?i got that deal in a chinese take out resto in Far rockaway NY......in between 97th and 98th street if i can clearly remember...take a NYC subway and go down Far Rockaway station (almost at the end of the subway line at the southeast portion of NYC)

how often do you go to NYC? how often is always? how much per meal in your home state,say half chicken and 2 cups of rice?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    where exactly?i got that deal in a chinese take out resto in Far rockaway NY......in between 97th and 98th street if i can clearly remember...take a NYC subway and go down Far Rockaway station (almost at the end of the subway line at the southeast portion of NYC)

how often do you go to NYC? how often is always? how much per meal in your home state,say half chicken and 2 cups of rice?

Typically, half chicken and a rice is about about $8,9 bucks. We usually drive there between 4-8 times a year. We're not that far (about 200 something miles) but I just dont like going there.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
if you think the Philippines is poor..