New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    personally, hindi ko maisip kung ano... but from what ive read from the replies... mukang tama yung jeepney. does not want progress, pinoys stick to what they know will work and does not bother with innovation.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ The "Innova" doesn't help either

Me too, hindi ko maisip kung anong best analogy. The ricer sounds valid also, because we all know a lot of Pinoys are very self-conscious of their "image" but some just get too self-conscious that it skews their perspective on things

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Nah I wouldn't call it a Chery. I am not an optimist of our country, while I am very optimistic for the Chinese car makers and China as a whole. We are always going to be a backwater country (accept na lang my sorry sa mga patriots out there) and so I say we are the pedicab Slow......

I disagree with the pedicab. Somalia, Liberia and Rwanda yan.

PHUV na tayo...naudlot nga lang....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    I disagree with the pedicab. Somalia, Liberia and Rwanda yan.

PHUV na tayo...naudlot nga lang....
    PHUV?

assembled here
    parts imported elsewhere

:D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I think you nailed it on the head... jeepney lang talaga yung metaphor for the Philippines.

When it was first launched, the jeepney was full of the promise of a bright tomorrow and economic progress.Yet our people concerned themselves more with exploiting the fruits of this miracle for profit instead of improvement.

Now, decades later, we're still stuck with the same old jeepney. Unwilling to change, unwilling to look forward from the past, and dying a slow death of obsolesence in a rapidly changing global marketplace.

hehe... I like this answer sir niky. :2thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    siguro a Honda civic that has all the ricey stuffs and what have you and thinks that he is faster than an porsche..

in tagalog, bulok naman and yet tingin sa sarili eh sila pa rin ang pinakamagaling/pinakmaganda sa buong mundo...
    or a Jeep with all the ricey stuffs including, whistle turbo sound effects in the exhaust and thinks it can beat a Honda fanboy. hehe... mabilis daw yung jeep dahil sa lakas ng hangin habang nakasakay.
    Last edited by rion; May 10th, 2008 at 05:29 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A Ford Taurus. Why? I dunno. Every time I think of a car and the Philippines, a Taurus comes to mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
If the Philippines is a car...