New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What's appropriate?

That they allow people to say absolutely anything they want?

You know they removed the word "bayaran" because you used it in a way that suggests a certain someone is corrupt. Not because you used it as a means of describing the person's function as a cash teller at a bank. In other words, it's fodder for a slander case.

So what other "common" words are banned? Basura? Jologs? Epal?

Note: From the comments section:

In other words, they've got someone looking things over and removing stuff that doesn't meet their journalistic standards. If you want to complain about something, complain that they don't catch all irregular comments... though, of course, even us full-time website moderators can't catch all that, so part time comments section moderators can't see everything.
    That is the problem. Just like you, they assumed that I used that word to imply something that is insulting or slanderous. When in fact I was to suppose to use it to describe the payment of 5million to MILF.

something to this effect ".....nag-isip muna bago bayaran ng 5m ....." (i will be surprised if you find this insulting)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    And what was the post in its entirety? Would it simply have been better for them to erase the entire post?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I guess you can't really expect them to be so direct, ayaw din nila makasuhan later on for publishing it.

Playing safe ika nga. Karapatan nila yan kaya talagang hindi mo sila mapipilit IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Simple... Their house, their rules...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I like trains...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    I like trains...
    I had to google that. :D

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    And what was the post in its entirety? Would it simply have been better for them to erase the entire post?
    It was just a phrase in my 3 sentence post.
    Hindi naman litanya yung comment ko hehehe.

Actually, before you can submit the post, the website checks for banned words. You can still comment but they will tell you that a banned word is detected in the text and it has to be changed before it can be posted.

Problema lang, mukang machine or software ang nagbabasa so yung words na may multiple meaning like "bayaran" assumed na pangit pinaggamitan. Palaliman ata ng Tagalog ang labanan.

Sabi ko nga, ok lang linisin ang comment board. Sana ayusin lang. Lagyan na lang ng moderator na magbabasa at mag-dedelete.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    It was just a phrase in my 3 sentence post.
    Hindi naman litanya yung comment ko hehehe.

Actually, before you can submit the post, the website checks for banned words. You can still comment but they will tell you that a banned word is detected in the text and it has to be changed before it can be posted.

Problema lang, mukang machine or software ang nagbabasa so yung words na may multiple meaning like "bayaran" assumed na pangit pinaggamitan. Palaliman ata ng Tagalog ang labanan.

Sabi ko nga, ok lang linisin ang comment board. Sana ayusin lang. Lagyan na lang ng moderator na magbabasa at mag-dedelete.

Given the volume of responses a "moderator" would have to filter through, he cannot spend more than a few seconds to decide to keep or delete your post. He also uses a "bad word" filter to help him screen out obviously objectional words.

Also who said the news papers have a dedicated staff to review all your feedback responses? It would be some staffer who has been assigned to do it among his other many daily tasks to do.

So if you want to get your feedback response posted, keep it simple and to the point. Trying to get "wise" with wordplay will not get far.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Word filters are a godsend for moderators.

The best word filter we ever implemented on the US forum I frequent:

"autoplay=1"

Keeps those damn youtube embeds from autoplaying.

I don't see the big deal. "Bayaran", "bigyan", "ibayad"... sheesh.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Words such as Intsik and buwaya are also ban in Philstar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hypocrisy in the Philippine Press