New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    minor rant ito hehehe

nagbabasa ako regularly ng online news ng Philippine Star at Inquirer.

minsan nagcocomment ako sa Phil Star.

to my surprise, sinecensor nila yung ibang words. today censored sa comment ko yung "ngoyngoy" at "bayaran". tsk tsk

hindi nila ilalabas yung comment mo hanggat hindi inaalis yung mga salitang banned sa forum tsk tsk

tapos ipagsisigawan nila freedom of expression?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pera pera lang yan.. nung isang araw nga.. pati Ad nang CPP NPA na publish sa Inquirer..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    minor rant ito hehehe

nagbabasa ako regularly ng online news ng Philippine Star at Inquirer.

minsan nagcocomment ako sa Phil Star.

to my surprise, sinecensor nila yung ibang words. today censored sa comment ko yung "ngoyngoy" at "bayaran". tsk tsk

hindi nila ilalabas yung comment mo hanggat hindi inaalis yung mga salitang banned sa forum tsk tsk

tapos ipagsisigawan nila freedom of expression?

Freedom of expression does not mean you can outright shout insults at people without having to take RESPONSIBILITY for your own actions.

Note the difference....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree!!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    "Ngoyngoy"... yeah... and you're surprised it's censored?

Freedom of the press doesn't mean you can hurl insults at people without consequences. Forums like this don't take it so seriously, but a newspaper, and by extension, its website, is responsible for what's published inside. And they can be sued for slander and libel and stand to lose their license for anything printed therein.

Obviously, then, they don't want stuff like that on their website.

In other words, you can wear whatever you like when you go to a public market, but don't expect them to let you into a restaurant wearing only shorts and slippers (no shirt).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    how is ngoyngoy an insult? that is how i want to call him just like how others want to call GMA a crook.
    plus i am not in a habit of insulting others in any forum. you can check all my posts here even in other forums bearing my username.
    and how is "bayaran" even a word worthy of being banned?

there people there throwing insults at each other and i can understand they want to make the comment section clean. but they should do it in a better way. or just delete the comments section.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As said. Their site. Their responsibility. Theirs to run any way they want.

Just as tsikot is a private site, and they can choose to allow people here to say certain things, but not post certain things (nude pictures, gory pictures, etcetera). Here, you can say Ngoyngoy or Nognog all you want, but post several times in a row in textspeak and you get banned.

You're free to write anything you want online, with one caveat: Websites are the private property of their respective owners, which is where the "no shirt no shoes" rule comes in.

And how is "Ngoyngoy" not an insult? Are you trying to tell me it means "Intelligent and handsome" in your local dialect?

You could always, y'know... register your own website or blog (though some blog servers don't allow defamation or libel, either) and write whatever you want.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Typical...trying to justify the obvious. It's nice to learn something everyday, so just take it as it is.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    kung ayaw nila ng "ngoyngoy", fine.

pero yung word na "bayaran" na ibig ko sabihin ay "bayaran ng pera". obvious ba na dapat i-ban ang salitang "bayaran"???

as i've said, i understand censoring the comments section if their intention is to make it whoesome of clean. but at least do it in an appropriate way.

hindi lang nman ako ang nagrereklamo dun. madami na ko nabasa na nagrereklamo tungkol sa mga salita na napaka common sa lengwahe natin pero banned tsk tsk tsk.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's appropriate?

That they allow people to say absolutely anything they want?

You know they removed the word "bayaran" because you used it in a way that suggests a certain someone is corrupt. Not because you used it as a means of describing the person's function as a cash teller at a bank. In other words, it's fodder for a slander case.

So what other "common" words are banned? Basura? Jologs? Epal?

Note: From the comments section:
    Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
    In other words, they've got someone looking things over and removing stuff that doesn't meet their journalistic standards. If you want to complain about something, complain that they don't catch all irregular comments... though, of course, even us full-time website moderators can't catch all that, so part time comments section moderators can't see everything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hypocrisy in the Philippine Press