New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I hope this pushes through!

On 3rd reading, House approves bill increasing tax exemption ceiling on bonuses
    By: Lira Dalangin-Fernandez, InterAksyon.com
    September 27, 2014 1:31 AM

MANILA, Philippines -- With 250 votes, the House of Representatives on late Friday approved on third and final reading the bill that would increase the tax exemption ceiling for workers' bonuses from P30,000 to P70,000.

The tax exemption would cover the 13th month pay, Christmas bonus, and other bonuses received by employees every year.

The current ceiling for the tax exemption of P30,000 was set by law in 1994.

The House will await the action of the Senate on a counterpart bill.

Raising the tax exemption ceiling will entail amending Section 32 of the National Internal Revenue Code.

In an earlier hearing, officials from the Bureau of Internal Revenue, Department of Finance, and the National Tax Research Center opposed the proposal.

If Congress approves the bill, they said it should also pass new revenue measures to cover the projected losses, such as amending the law granting fiscal incentives to big corporations.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    It will. Papogi sa mga botante yan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sana pati income tax isama na rin nila.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I railroad na iyan for this year, please!

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    24.4K:sailor:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    If the P-Noy admin wants to score some pogi points, this is a no-brainer.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I hope this pushes through!
    NO doubt this will get through out the legislature unopposed. The question left is will it be signed into a law by Abnoy with bulong from Hinares & Cesar Purisima?

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Sana pati income tax isama na rin nila.
    Sonny Angara has a bill on this effect. As to when it get's to be passed, maybe after 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    If the P-Noy admin wants to score some pogi points, this is a no-brainer.
    This is another way of saying, Abnoy has no brain:hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    This is another way of saying, Abnoy has no brain:hysterical:

abah, twisting my words ah. Well played sir :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    important maipasa..

however.. as to effectivity.. expect Ma'm Kim to play spoiler..

Remember the law that was passed before (not sure kung PNoy time na yun o earlier pa).. exempting minimum wage earners from being witheld, mag file na lang sila by year end...

that law was passed... but upon implementation.. inipit ng BIR saying na the following year pa effective since tumatakbo na ang taon noon... Sen Mar Roxas et al I think filed with the SC for the effectivity to cover that whole year... I think upto now wala pa resolution dyan SC... although I think it has become a moot point..

so much for the SC being responsive to the Filipino people..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I thought it was never gonna happen

Higher tax exemption cap on bonuses now a law

Marc Jayson Cayabyab
    INQUIRER.net
    4:53 PM | Thursday, February 12th, 2015

MANILA, Philippines – President Benigno Aquino III has signed into law the measure raising the ceiling for tax exemption on bonuses and other benefits of workers in the public and private sectors, an administration lawmaker said Thursday.

In a statement, Ways and Means committee chair Marikina Rep. Miro Quimbo lauded the President’s passage of the bill, saying the measure would benefit the middle class salary earners.

“The President saw the significance of the measure as it is projected to benefit taxpayers from low to middle incomes who have not had any reprieve from the burdensome taxes imposed on their earnings,” Quimbo said.

“These are the salary and wage earners who long deserve a break from the inequitable tax system that we currently have,” he added.

Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. confirmed the news.

“According to the Office of the Executive Secretary, the President has signed into law the bill raising the ceiling on tax exemptions on bonuses to P82,000. The signed law will be transmitted to Congress shortly,” he told Palace reporters on Thursday.

The law increases the tax exemption cap from P30,000 to P82,000, amending for this purpose Section 32(B)(7)(E) of the National Internal Revenue Code of 1997.

The tax exemption covers all bonuses, including 13th month pay and Christmas bonus.

Aquino received his copy of the bill on January 14 after both Houses of Congress ratified the bill December last year. It would have become a law on February 14 if it does not get the President’s signature, when the 30 calendar day-period lapses.

Quimbo said salary earners would feel the impact of the bill as early as June this year, when some workers will receive the first half of their 13th month bonuses.

Finance and tax officials have called for the President’s veto of the bill, warning of revenue loss reaching up to P30 billion. But Quimbo has said losses would only amount to P3.8 billion. With a report from Kristine Angeli Sabillo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    now if only maisunod na nila yung nasa congress na lowering our taxes from 32% to 25-27%

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
House approves bill increasing tax exemption ceiling on bonuses to P70k